22 + Car Wash Flyer Examples, Templates & Design Ideas
Flyers have been around for centuries. Before flyers were marketing tools, they were used as campaign materials to inform people of social issues. But now, flyers have been less politicized are now used mostly as advertising and promotional tools. Flyers are used for all types of businesses, including a car wash business.
If you own a car wash business or planning to establish one in the near future, then you definitely need some designs to get your flyer distribution and dissemination up and running.
Elements of a Good Car Wash Flyer
- A concise goal or purpose: A flyer needs to immediately inform the individual of what its true purpose or goal is. Nothing is more frustrating than reading a flyer that does not make any sense or fails to provide the message that it wants to relay. That is why when creating a flyer, specifically a car wash flyer, inform immediately your target audience or readers by going directly to the goal or purpose of the said flyer. If a concise goal or purpose is provided in the flyer, then the flyer will be clearly understood by the readers.
- A popping headline: A clear goal or purpose implemented in the flyer is not guaranteed get the attention of readers. Focus instead on creating a popping headline as it does not only catch the attention of readers but also increase the chances of your product being sold at a higher rate due to the increased visibility that the flyer brings. A flyer headline is similar to a newspaper headline—short and concise. The headline should only be a phrase or a maximum of one sentence. Never make a headline lengthy as it loses its effectiveness.
- An overall motivating message: The overall motivating message is basically the call to action line. The call to action should make your reader want to act, in this case get their cars washed and cleaned in your car wash business, or refer the flyer to a family member or friend who has a car.
- Graphics and pictures: Too much text is boring. Incorporating graphics and pictures in the flyer adds to aesthetics and overall look of the flyer. Even if you are on a budget, you should still go for a presentable flyer and not just a photocopy. Attach pictures or images that are related to the flyer you will be creating. In this case for a car wash flyer, you can start by using pictures of cars and water buckets.
- Your contact information: A flyer is never complete without listing down your contact information. This ensures that the reader will contact you if he or she is interested in the product you are advertising or promoting in the flyer. The flyer will help your business gain new customers, so don’t forget to input your contact information such as your contact number and email address. Never change your contact number when you are in the midst of distributing flyers.
10+ Car Wash Flyer Templates
Car Wash Flyer Template Design
Auto Mechanic Flyer Template Example
Car Sales Flyer Template
Professional Car Wash Flyer
Modern Car Wash Flyer Design
Car Wash Advertising Flyer
Sample Car Wash Flyer Design
Simple Car Wash Flyer
Hand Car Wash Flyer Sample
Car Wash Service Flyer
Car Wash Flyer Sample
Car Wash Agency Flyer Design
Car Wash Business Flyer
Available File Formats
10+ Car Wash Flyer Examples
Boy Scout Car Wash Flyer
Breeze Thru Car Wash Flyer
Car Wash Cafe Christmas Flyer
Car Wash Fundraising Flyer
Cobblestone Auto Spa Car Wash Flyer
Quick Quack Car Wash Flyer
SCWA Car Wash Tour Flyer
Self-Serve Car Wash Flyer
Suds Car Wash and Detail Flyer
YKHS Car Wash Fundraiser Flyer
Simple Tips for an Excellent Car Wash Flyer Template
Make the headline a priority
As previously mentioned, the headline is very important to any kind of flyer. When creating a flyer, give priority to the headline you will be writing. This text will be the one who will catch the attention of your readers and potential customers or buyers. We already listed down some examples of headlines that you can use for your flyer, but you can always create your own.
Use a declarative sentence for the headline, as this will create a more assertive or aggressive perception to your headline. You can also capitalize the entire text and end the headline with an exclamation mark (!).
A flyer without any color is too dull. You can always go for a minimalist color scheme where you will be using more black and white. These two colors are classified as neutral colors, so all types of colors will compliment with the neutral colors. Colors add life and visual aesthetics to your flyer, so never limit the colors that you will be using.
Aside from black and white, you can simply use one color for the flyer. But it is much more recommended that you use color combinations instead. Among the popular color combinations you can use are blue/yellow, red/yellow, green/blue, red/black, blue/white, and orange/yellow.
Use the the business’s theme or concept in the flyer
One of the easiest and most popular concepts you can use for your flyer is incorporating the business’ theme in the flyer you will be creating. To give you a better understanding, a business or firm uses a single theme or concept in its daily operations. A business, especially if it’s a large corporation, does not jump from one theme to another as this is very costly and will only cause confusion to your customers and clients.
Take for example a retail clothes company that sells teen apparel. They will certainly not use interior and exterior designs which focus on infants let alone senior citizens. In this case for a car wash flyer, you should focus your flyer design on cars and car wash related images or pictures, and not on motorcycles, trucks, and other modes of transportation (unless you offer washing services for these types of vehicles).
Don’t photocopy the flyers
Although most companies just hand out photocopied flyers to passersby and potential customers, you should not do the same for your flyer. It is true that photocopied flyers are cheaper than the colored ones, but the impact of flyers printed in a special paper is far more greater than the photocopied flyers.
Of course, you don’t need to invest heavily on flyers as most likely you will also be investing in other promotional materials as well such as posters and tarpaulins. People won’t even mind if you used expensive materials or not in the printing of the flyers, but they will notice if you put effort in creating them.
Steps to Designing a Car Wash Flyer
1. Create a concept
Every design starts with a concept. You don’t have to start creating the design first as you first need to create an outline on what you want to incorporate in the flyer. The concept is not only limited on the design but also the materials needed for the printing and additional designs in the flyer.
2. Brainstorm on the design
Once you’ve created on a concept for the flyer, it’s time to brainstorm on the design of the flyer. You will have to go into detail on what designs you will be incorporating (i.e. pictures or images, colors, text style, and text size). The final layout of the design should be approved by not only you but also your colleagues (or staff) and other members of the management team.
3. Create the design
It’s now finally time to create the flyer design. You can sketch first the design in a piece of paper, but you need to do the actual designing in a graphic design software such as Photoshop or Illustrator. You can also use COREL, Sketch, Affinity Pro, and Pixlr. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to create a flyer, as creating a flyer design does not really require too much skill. But if you prefer someone to create the flyer, you can ask a colleague or hire a third-party graphic designer to do the work.
4. Create an alternate design
Having an alternate design allows you to have options for your potential customers. Although flyers are much different to vouchers where they can be kept as souvenirs, having two or three alternate flyer designs is helpful when spreading the word across to a number of people. You can give one flyer design in one area (market segment A) and another flyer design in another area (market segment B).
5. Present the flyer to management team
Before printing the design, you should first present the final design (as well as the final alternate design) to the management team for approval. If you are included in the management team, then you still need to wait for approval from other members of the team as they might offer suggestions on the improvement on the design and check if there are glaring typographical or design issues.
Types of Flyers
Listed below are the type of flyers you can use for your car wash flyer:
This type of flyer is one of the most commonly used flyers around. Trifold flyers comprise a large amount of information, and they are lot easier to print, as well as the design being very appealing to the eyes of the readers. Trifold flyers are perfect for a businesses like coffee shops or restaurants, but you can use this for your car wash business as well.
Digital flyers help expand the audience online, especially to users who are using mobile devices, tablets, laptops and computers. The great thing about digital flyers is that they are very accessible and can be seen anywhere as long as the person is online. You can easily captivate your prospective clients with the use of digital flyers and you can also instantly deliver the digital flyer by e-mail or by social media.
Leaflets are a variation of flyers that are usually mass produced for local distribution since a lighter weight and much more affordable paper is used for printing and distribution. Leaflets are also the cheapest form of advertisement.