A police report is an important document stating a physical record in an incident. Incidents that could some how be referred as illegal or potentially illegal. Sometimes it is called an incident report. Police reports should be done by any representative in the said police department. Making a report needs to be taken seriously because it is already involved in legal procedures. Also, a police report is written after an accident or crime has been reported to the law enforcement team.
Being able to know the structure of a report, one should be aware of the pertinent details that needs to be included.
Sample Police Accident Report
Police File Report
Police Incident Report
Police Crime Report Example
Police Evidence Report in PDF
What Are The Things Included In A Police Report
Since a police report is also known to be the incident report, it is expected and is a must that facts should always be considered. Writing such document would include multiple pages or just a single page document, it merely depends on what type of incident happened.
Below are the different sections that make up a police report:
- Data of the Incident- This section of the police report narrates the following: type of the alleged crime (rape, burglary, murder etc); the place where the incident occurred; the date and time of the technical report; the date and time of the incident; injuries acquired (if any). Remember to state nothing but facts and with all honesty. This is to help make the investigation easier to handle.
- Reporting Party Section- This part of the document details the name, complete address, birthday, nationality, marital status, social security number of the person reporting about the incident. The relationship to the wrongdoer must be included too.
- Victim Section- This contains the name, address, ethnicity,birthday, marital status, social security number of the person reporting the incident
- Alleged Suspect- This section talks about the , physical description, basic information such as name, birthday, address and other things, including the known suspect whereabouts.
- Narrative Section- This part of the document is the most detailed part. The series of events must be carefully narrated as much as possible, and utmost honesty is required in writing such.
Other types of legal documents in a form of report is an investigation report. Management report and inspection report may be related to business, yet would be helpful for your future references.
Police Grant Report
Police Loss Report
Police Investigation Report
Types of Police Reports
Police Reports are a bit confusing, with so many crimes and incident that happen in a day, different circumstances have different types of crimes. As being said previously, a police report is also called an incident report. Classifying them into groups would be easier for understanding.
- Police Administrative Report- this is consists of a detailed report based on observations, results from the investigation reports performed or could also be based on the information received that inaugurates facts on allegations or issues. An administrative report also records violations and crimes of misconduct. An administrative report must be complete, clear, brief, accurate and courteous.
- Police Crime Report- A crime report is a type of police report that is written without actually seeing it. This report consists of crimes such as theft, vandalism, murder or assault. A crime technical report contains a a good and precise heading that gives a clear idea to the reader immediately. A crime report’s conclusion is a synthesis of the main points of the body of the narrative and a recommendation from the officer regarding the claim.
- Traffic Report- is a report regarding traffic violations by means of a traffic citation. Traffic violations regarding speeding and expired vehicle registrations. A traffic report contains the name of the traffic violator, the vehicle model and its plate number, vehicle identification number and the infraction.
Identifying lots of crimes and violations that happen everyday would now be easier for you I guess, so if you wish to learn something more regarding reports, you can go ahead and check out management report, trip report and inspection report.