11+ Training Certificates Examples and Templates
What is a training certificate? It is basically a certificate to indicate a person has attended and completed a training program. Training certificates are used by all types of companies, not just large corporations but small and medium enterprises as well.
In this article, we have provided training certificate examples and templates that can help you in creating your own training certificate. We also listed down simple tips as well as the steps in creating a training certificate.
Elements of a Good Training Certificate
The elements or contents of a training certificate is similar to a award certificate since it gives recognition to an individual after completing a course or program.
1. Name of the certificate recipient: The name of the certificate recipient is the most important part of any training certificate. It signifies that the individual has completed the training program. The name of the certificate recipient should be front and center in the training certificate.
2. Name of the training program or course: The name of the training program is also an important aspect of the training program. It adds to the legitimacy of the certificate indicating that the person has completed that training program in which the certificate is based on.
3. Details of training: The details of the training includes the date and venue of the training course or program. If the training is held on multiple dates and multiple venues, the dates and locations are also listed in the training certificates. A short introductory phrase can be written down before the details (for example: This award is hereby given to…).
4. Name of the organization: A training certificate is never complete if the name of the business organization or company is not listed in the said certificate. Since the company is the one sponsoring or holding the training course, they should be mentioned in the certificate. Similar to the name of the training course, adding the name of the company makes the certificate legitimate.
5. Signature line: All types of certificates include signature lines. The signatures are usually affixed by the trainer.
11+ Training Certificate Templates
Example Safety Training Certificate
Company Training Certificate Example
Nurse Training Certificate Example
Free Training Completion Certificate
Hotel Training Certificate Design
Safety Training Certificate Example
Teachers Training Completion Certificate
Training Assessment Certificate Tutorial
Basic Training Certificate Template
Training Certificate Tutorial Design
Training Centre Certificate Sample
Tourism Training Certificate Template
Simple Tips for an Excellent Training Certificate Layout
1. Focus should be on the certificate recipient
The focus of a training certificate should be on the certificate recipient. List down the name of recipient at the center of the certificate. The name of the certificate recipient should have the largest font size and should also be written in bold.
2. Training details should be two sentences max
The training details include the name of the training program, date and venue of the training program. A short introductory phrase is also written down before the details (for example, XYZ company presents this certificate to Ms. Emma Stone for completing the sales training program…). Thus, no more than two sentences should comprise the details of the program, which is written below the name of the certificate recipient. You may also see certification of participation examples
3. Don’t forget signature line
The signature line is an important section of a training certificate. Make sure the persons affixing their signatures in the certificate are available when their signatures are needed. The signature line is written below the training details.
4. Minimize use of colors
Although color is important for any design (especially for posters and tarpaulins), it is a different story when it comes to training certificates. You don’t have to compromise the use of color for your training certificate, you just have to minimize them. You can use a single color for the background and a single color for the text. You can also use a white background and attach a colored image instead; it will look more attractive, but it really depends on the event or activity.You may also see certificate of completion examples
5. Don’t forget name of the company or organization
The name of the business organization or company should be written at the top of the training certificate. You may also include the address of the company and/or contact number if there is still space available.
Steps to Designing a Good Training Certificate
1. Create a concept and layout
Create a concept and a layout design on how you want your training certificate to be presented. This gives you an idea of the certificate’s final look. You can sketch the layout in a piece of paper or go directly to a graphic design software such as Illustrator or Corel. If you are with a partner or with a team when creating the training certificate, allow a dynamic working environment as they may also have ideas on how the certificate will be designed.
2. Purchase the materials needed for the certificate
After creating the concept, it’s now time to purchase the materials. These materials include paper, pens, and markers, to name a few. Since this is only a training certificate, there is no need to spend heavily on the materials. You don’t have to break the bank as there are cheap and affordable options in stores.You may also see certificate of achievement examples
3. Write down the recipient’s name first, followed by the details and signature line
Once the materials have been purchased and the concept has been created, it’s now time to create the training certificate. Make sure to start with the recipient’s name first which will be incorporated at the center of the certificate. Once the name has been written down, move on to the details then followed by the signature line. The name of the organization or company should be the listed at the topmost part of the certificate. The name of the recipient should have the largest font size.
4. Edit and revise (if necessary)
Before printing out the training certificate, you need to check and double-check for errors. You definitely don’t want to hand out a certificate with the name of the recipient or name of the company being misspelled (despite being an unintentional typographical error).You may also see modern certificate examples
Types of Certificates
1. Award or recognition certificate: This is the type of certificate being discussed in this article. The award or recognition is not only limited to training certificates but all types of award or recognition certificates which are given across different fields and industries.
2. Academic certificate (diploma): This type of certificate is used for academic purposes only, mainly given after the student has graduated from grade school, high school, college, or master’s/PhD. Diplomas are only given out to students who have complied with all their academic requirements and have also passed all of their subjects.
3. Certificate of employment: This is a type of business certificate that is given to business professionals mostly as proof that they are working for a specific company. Certificate of employment is oftentimes used by an individual to get a loan or to apply for a new job.
4. Government or legal certificate: This type of certificate is used for and by government and legal institutions. These certificates are prominent in various government or legal activities such as government projects, agreements and contracts, stakeholder meetings, etc.). You may also see award certificate examples
1. 8 1/2″ × 11″: This is the standard size not only for a training certificate but all types of award or recognition certificates.
2. 11″ × 14″: This certificate size is mostly used for academic (graduation diploma) purposes, specifically in law, medical, and master’s/PhD courses.
3. 15 3/4″ × 22″: This is the biggest size for an award or recognition certificate. This is also mostly used for academic purposes.
Training Certificate FAQs
How do you make a training certificate?
Follow these steps when creating a training certificate: (1) create a concept and layout, (2) purchase the materials needed for the certificate, (3) write down the recipient’s name first, followed by the details and signature line, and (4) edit and revise if necessary.You may also see sports award certificate examples
Why is a training certificate important?
A training certificate is basically a certificate to indicate a person has attended and completed a training program. Training certificates are used by all types of companies, not just large corporations but small and medium enterprises as well. Training certificates are needed especially if the employee will be working on new tasks and responsibilities, and the company or client needs verification or proof that the employee has finished the said training course.
We hope you found this article to be informative as well as helpful when you will be creating your own training certificate.