The term “inventory” can actually mean two things—it can mean your business’s goods or the document that lists and records those business’s goods. Inventory management is important for a company to survive and thrive in the cutthroat business industry. One record wrong in your inventories means disaster. Make it possible for you to manage your inventory with the use of these inventory templates in Apple Pages.
Managing inventories can really benefit your business in a way that you can achieve great things in your daily business operations. In this article, you will learn more about inventories that will enable you to make your own.
For an inventory to become effective, it must compromise certain elements. Get familiar with these elements below:
1. Date: Having this element on your element is very helpful because this will enable you to compare the beginning inventory balance to the ending inventory balance. Aside from that, including the dates as to when your inventories were accounted for will enable you to have something as a reference when settling business report inconsistencies.
2. Inventory list headers: Tables and/or spreadsheets are usually used for listing down inventories since this enables for really easy and quick inventory management. And since it is a table, it should always have appropriate list headers that will indicate the inventory number, name, cost, quantity, and net value for each of the inventory items. It may also include a description for each item but it will already depend on what is the required data of your business.
3. Inventory assets: This element refers to the type of items you have on your inventory that depends on the nature of your business. It may usually fall under these categories: manufacturing, merchandising, or service businesses.
4. Name and signature: This may be the simplest element of all but having this on the inventory is very important. The authorized person who does the inventory must never forget writing his or her name and signature on the inventory. In the event that there will be discrepancies and errors found, it will be easy to determine the individual accountable for it. You may also see store inventory examples.
Without an inventory, it will be hard for you to keep track of what your business uses and/or sells. Without an inventory, it will be difficult for you to figure out what you already have, what you need, and how you can make use of the currently available resources and assets. Inventories can be quite a tedious job but learning how to make one is a skill that you and your business can greatly benefit from.
1. Determine your needs: For you to effectively manage your inventory, you have to determine and sincerely consider what your business needs. If you have a small business, you will likely have lesser items to carry on your inventory compared to large ones. But if you have a large business, you would need even more specific and detailed inventory so you can still track and control your inventory no matter what the size is. You may also see equipment inventory examples.
2. Consider downloading and using a template: If you are still doubtful in starting from scratch, you may consider looking for a template that you can use for your inventory. There are various inventory templates you can find online. We have also provided here, in this very article you are reading, a collection of inventory templates that you can browse through. Worry not for these templates are designed well to fit to the standard industry requirements.
3. Develop an outline of the inventory: For you to have a smooth flow as you create your document, ensure developing an outline of your inventory first so you will ensure that you will be able to include everything you need on your inventory, which will usually include the information of your goods that consists of the name of the item, product number or product code, stock quantity, and net value. You can even add other than those but make sure that it is necessary for your business. You may also see retail inventory examples.
4. Input your entries: With a template and outline, you can now input your entries or information in your document. If you both have a paper inventory and an electronic one, ensure that it matches so your records will also match. As soon as you have everything you need in your inventory, check every single item you include in it to ensure that everything is accurate and void of any mistake. Consider having a backup copy too.
5. Keep your inventory updated: Keep in mind that change is the only constant thing in the world and that includes your inventory—it will always change each time you will be able to purchase, sell, or use an item. This is why you must ensure that you will always check up on the changes that happen with your inventory (goods/services) so you can keep it up to date and that your inventory (document) can keep up with all these changes. You may also see food inventory examples.
Having an inventory for your business provides more benefits than you think. Keeping track of inventories does not only stop at providing valuable information of your current stocks and supplies but it can also help you in meeting the demands of your target market. If you still have some difficulties when it comes to making an inventory, here are some tips that can guide you:
As a business owner and/or a manager, you have to get yourself familiar with the various types of inventories so you can easily manage, budget, plan, organize your business’s assets and resources. Knowing the types of inventories will also enable you to easily supply the needs or demands of your target customers.
Just like any kind of corporate document, an inventory would usually make use of the sizes A4 and US Letter size (8.5 × 11 inches). The inventory templates that we have here in this article come in these sizes so you do not have to worry about it. Plus, you can easily print your inventory using these sizes.
Completing an inventory may sound easy but it is actually crucial that one wrong move can put your business into a predicament. Whatever type of inventories you are about to create now, always ensure that the inventory you create contains complete information on your inventory and that it contains no room for error. We hope that with the help of this article that you can finally create an inventory that your business organization can greatly benefit from.