19+ Music Flyer Examples, Templates & Design Ideas
Considering the huge fans and increasing popularity of the music industry today, many are hosting events related to music. Although music appeals to almost everyone, the audience become divided to the number of music events that are simultaneously taking place.
In order to win the attention of the audience and gather attendees, a music flyer must be sent out to public places. This would inform people that a certain music event will be taking place in a certain venue at a specified date and time.
Elements of an Eye-Catching Music Flyer
In creating a music flyer, it must consist of the following important and necessary elements:
- Striking headline: Create a compelling and striking headline as this is the first thing that can be noticed by the viewers that would grab the interest of the audience especially the target market.
- Value proposition: You must also add your value proposition or the benefits and advantages that the audience can acquire upon attending your music event. You must tell them the reasons why they must come to your event.
- High-quality images: Images create a huge impact especially to the passersby. Normally, when people get a glimpse of your flyer, among the first things that they would notice is the image. Hence, it is important that you include an image that is related to the music event that you are organizing.
- Appropriate colors: Carefully choose the appropriate colors for your flyers. While colorful flyers may seem striking, minimalist colors and the use of two to three colors can make a great impact to the general presentation of your flyer.
- Branding: You want to widen your operations. You want many people to come to your event. You want to be known by your target market. Hence, in order to achieve this, do not forget to always include your branding, for example, organization name or logo design, in all of your marketing materials.
- Contact information: It is necessary to include in your flyer your contact information because you are expecting people to communicate with you regarding inquiries, comments, suggestions, feedback, orders, reservations, and any others that are related to your events or your organization.
- Call-to-action: A call-to-action is also an important part of your flyer as it serves as a nudge to the viewers to take action and do the next step to accept your offer. Examples of call-to-action for music flyers can be the following:
- “Get your tickets now!”
- “Grab an early-bird ticket now for a 30% discount!”
- “Book your tickets now!”
- “Reserve your seats now!”
10+ Music Flyer Templates
Simple Music Flyer Template
Vintage Music Poster Flyer
Rave Music Concert Flyer Template
Old Vintage Music Festival Flyer
Downloadable Music Festival Flyer
Music Learning Center Flyer Template
Concert Music Event Flyer Sample
Music Festival Concert Poster Flyer
Classical Music Concert Flyer Sample
Live Music Flyer
10+ Popular Music Flyer Examples
EDC Las Vegas Official Music Flyer Example
John Legend Live Music Flyer
ABBAWorld Premiere Debut Music Flyer
Aerosmith Concert Music Flyer
Led Zeppelin Merriweather Post Pavilion of Music Flyer
Red Hot Chili Peppers Music Flyer
Metallica Garage Days Re-visited Flyer
Linkin Park Impact Festival Music Flyer
Simple Plan Canadian Tour Music Flyer
Coldplay Broadcast Event Music Flyer
How to Create an Incredible Music Flyer
Creating a music flyer can be so much fun and interesting following these simple steps and tips:
Draft a Layout
Before anything else, you must decide on the size of your flyer. This would be the basis of everything that you will be working on later. You need to fit all your elements in one flyer, so make sure that you have determined the appropriate size that you want for your flyer. Then, draft the primary layout for the design of your flyer.
Work on Your Headline
As stated above, your headline will tell people about the overall content of your flyer, hence among the first things that would grab the viewers’ attention. Make a statement that would create a great impact and interest to your audience especially your target market.
Add Appropriate Colors
For your colors, choose at least two to three colors as the base color for your flyer. Work on every piece of design your want to incorporate in your flyer using only those colors. You can play with the color shadows, hues, and tints in order to create different shades in one color. Minimalist colors make the greatest impact of your flyer when you know how to combine them correctly.
Work on Your Typography
How you arrange your letters and words in your promotional flyer would greatly matter. Consider centering, flush left, and any arrangement of your words to make it more legible and appealing to the readers. This would help enhance the visual impact of your flyer.
For your images, it is important to include high-quality photos of your concerts, the artists who will be performing, the venue, or anything related to your music event. This would also aid the viewers in knowing and understanding what your event is all about or who are involved in the said event.
Always double-check your work to spot spelling and typographical mistakes before sending them to print. These errors if not spotted during the editing phase would cause you to reprint your flyers, which entails paying again for printing costs. Worse, if these flyers would be distributed without correcting the errors, the credibility of the organization will be affected.
Types of Music Flyers
The following are the common types of music flyers that can be typically seen around.
These are one-page flyers commonly passed out on the streets in which the information contained on the flyer is compact and can easily be read. They are very convenient—easy to create, easy to carry, and easy to print. These are perfect if you only need to include small amount of information in your flyer. Because of the limited space, you have to make sure that you carefully place all the elements in one-page flyer.
These flyers can contain a great deal of information. They are also easy to create, compact, easy to print, and easy to disseminate. Hence, many entities use trifold flyers when they need to include a lot of information on their flyer. You can utilize the space in order to place all the necessary information you need to include in your flyer.
There are also flyers that can be inserted into door handles—door hangers. These flyers can easily be placed on the doors of different establishments, homes, shopping areas, and a lot more. Because these flyers can easily reach their target market, a lot of marketers prefer to use this type of flyer.
Mailers are multipurpose since they combine the benefit of a postcard and a flyer. As a postcard, it can easily be seen to the intended recipient, and as a flyer, it can contain a wide array of information relating to the event, such as a music event, that you will be holding.
While the above types of flyers are tangible and are forms of traditional flyers, these digital flyers are those that can be found online through the internet. These flyers serve as an advertisement that are posted on the web and social media sites. In today’s society, digital flyers are a hit since many people are into online browsing and social media sites. Sending them to your target market can also be easy. You can also boost your advertisement of your flyer on the internet so it would reach your intended audience.
Sizes of Music Flyers
Music flyers can be of several sizes. These sizes are as follows:
- Basic size (8.5 × 11 inches): This is the most popular among the flyer sizes as it is the standard size for a sheet of paper, for example, short bond paper.
- Half size (5.5 × 8.5 inches): Also known as a half sheet, this is also highly popular because it is less costly and can easily be printed. Notice that when you fold the basic size, you will come up with the half sheet or the half size.
- Poster size (11 × 17 inches): These large flyers are good for outdoors since because of their size. You can observe that when you double the size of a basic-sized flyer, you can arrive at this size, the poster size. Because of its large space, it can contain more information or it can present your ads in a clearer and bigger picture.
Some frequently asked questions have been answered below.
1. What is flyer distribution?
This pertains to the handing out or passing of flyers either physically to individuals on the street or online through sending them to the mails of the intended recipients. Whatever form of distribution you want for your flyer, make sure that it can reach the intended market.
2. Is it against the law to pass out flyers?
It is not illegal to pass out flyers on the streets as long as you are not blocking the traffic or creating a hazard. You will not be ordered to stop handing our flyers if you are doing it in the right way. There are also grocery stores that have bulletins allowing you to freely post your advertisement on the bulletin board.
3. Where do you put flyers?
Some of the great areas where you can put your flyers are in bus stops, school, grocery, and community bulletin boards, checkout counters and reception areas, and laundromats. Remember that when you are posting your flyer or handing them out, they must be accessible to the public, especially your target market.
4. What programs can you use to make a flyer?
There are a lot of applications and programs where you can easily create your flyer. Some of the top programs are Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Poster Maker, Microsoft Word, GIMP, QuarkXPress, LucidPress, PosterMyWall, Print Creations, and Photoshop. Depending on your preferences and how much you know a certain program, it is your own discretion to choose any program or application that you want to.
5. What is an e-flyer?
E-flyer or electronic flyer, also known as digital flyer, is the online version of flyer. Since we are on the height of using the internet nowadays, many people prefer the use of an e-flyer since it need not be printed, hence saving the printing costs. It can also be sent to the intended recipient or the target market in a fast and efficient manner.