Sales territory refers to the specific geographical area or locality that a salesperson or the sales team is assigned the responsibility to sell in. Such territories are defined based on geography, history, geography or other factors that might also cause it. Having balanced territories helps to reduce the costs and increase sales to companies.
What are the Objectives of the Sales Territory?
1. To simplify the process of the salespersons and for holding them responsible for any progressive or regressive results in their particular territory.
2. Breaking the huge sales territory in small segments is helpful and easy for the managers to supervise and plan for a better sales force.
3. To complete the sales process without much delay.
4. If sales territory can be divided among some salespersons to serve specifically, the process can be concluded quickly and easily. It can also help to save your extra expenses.
What are the Factors that Determines Sales Territory Allocation?
1. Sales territories have a lot to do with the nature of the product being sold. For example, if the product is a daily necessity its demand would be higher and thus a large sales territory and a great number of salesperson needs to be planted. The same is the case of other products depending on the product nature the territory size and the number of salespeople would be decided.
2. The allocation is also done based on the demand for a particular product or service in the market. If the demand is frequent and great the sales territory can be divided into many small territories with each salesperson to be responsible for. But if the demand is less large and fewer territories can be set.
3. Sometimes even if the demand is great allocating several salespeople and territories might not be possible for the transport facilities is lacking. Because time would be wasted in transportation problems than at work. And if the company provides the transport facility then small territory allocation can be done.
4. Salesmen are told to meet the dealers and customers frequently to make them stay in your contact if it is a highly competitive area. Sales territory can be increased by watching great competition.
5. Sales territory allocation also depends on the density of the population in a specific area. If the population is high the scope to sell much can also take place so the territories can be largely divided and allocated to different salespeople.
6. If your organization requires middlemen to distribute the products to make the customers reach it easily territory allocation would be required.
7. Companies that publicize their products by engaging in advertising and promotion activities require to assign salesmen to serve the customers who reached them by the promotion.
8. Salespeople with great ability and experience of salesforce can be assigned with larger sales territories than others. Because they are believed to produce greater turnover for the firm.
10+ Sales Territory Examples
1. Sales Territory and Quota Planning Checklist
Sales in the field are not something that can be monitored and operated by a single individual. Depending on the territory different salespeople can be assigned to hop to different doors and customers and sell products. Sales territory mapping is important for such decisions and territory allocation. If you are in such a planning period, referring to the given sample might simplify your task as it would keep you in track whether you added all the particulars or missed out on anything. So have a look at it and download it today!
2. Five Phases of Sales Territory Planning
If you want to have a sales territory plan you just need to have good research and pre-planning phases met. If you lack an idea about the phases, this template can remind you that, because you are sure you have heard and know such phases in particular. Check the template frame, phases from analysis to implementation, and grab the template to increase the speed of your sales today!
3. Sales Territory Management
Sales is a very vast practice to be managed only by one individual. While a salesperson is in the field selling the products a management team is always monitoring g the progress being achieved in each territory. Such sales territory management also runs on a planned path and strategies. Those strategies are mentioned minutely and described elaborately in this template that might accelerate the speed of your sales project. Check it out and grab it for your sales management today!
4. Agile and Adaptive Sales Territory Alignment
If you are preparing sales territory design for alignment of both agile and adaptive sales territory this sample template should be in your preference list. It is a descriptive document framing all the minute details on sales territories and its different other aspects. Have a look at it and startegize the sales with expert ideas and insights.
5. Designing Sales Territories Example
6. Optimising Sales Territories Designing
7. Sales Territory Management Tools
8. Regional Sales Territory Manager
9. Sales Territory Structure and Mapping
10. Establishing Sales Territories and Sales Responsibilities
11. Manage a Sales Territory