What Is a Briefing Note?
A briefing note is a short note that is used to quickly and effectively provides the decision-maker the knowledge about an issue or a topic. The briefing note example is usually used by a government official or other policy maker.
The purpose of a briefing note template is to fill in information and key details to the decision-maker who do not have all the time to research about a particular issue or a topic that he or she needs to know. It then proposed a solution and recommendations that are crucial in addressing and solving the issues or providing additional information about the topic.
What Is Included in a Briefing Note?
There are many variations of a briefing note, all of which follows a different format and structure. However, all types of briefing chart note have three major parts.
- The purpose. A concise or a brief statement of the topics, issues, main points, and ideas are usually written here.
- The summary of facts. The evidence, facts, and key details are discussed here. This section also contains headings that support the purpose of a briefing note.
- The conclusion. The conclusion summarizes the solution, recommendations, and advice. Many people jump directly to the conclusion so it is important that the conclusion details the key information of the briefing note.
The Importance of a Briefing Note
The following are the reasons why a briefing note is important.
- The briefing note clarifies the issue and proposed a strategic plan to resolve an issue.
- Addressed the issues and concerns in a professional and formal way
- It provides information and knowledge that are crucial to the decision-makers.
- Allows people to agree on the issue needs to be addressed and take actions to.
- Allows people to create a convenient structure for argument and problem solving and to come up with to a formal resolution.
Tips for Writing a Briefing Note
Follow these tips in writing a briefing note to ensure that all the information is presented in the correct manner.
- Create the structure first. In writing your briefing note, it should follow a correct and structured free note template format. Your briefing note should include the following parts:
- The issue or topic
- The background information on the issue.
- The current status of the issue.
- The solutions and recommendations in resolving a particular issue.
- And the conclusion of the briefing note.
- Keep it simple. The briefing note in pdf must not exceed a single page. It must be brief, concise straight to the point or directly to the matter of the issue. Creatively used your words to convey your main point without being redundant.
- Research for reliability. The information that you put in your briefing note must be true, accurate, and factual. Others may rely on the information in your briefing note, so It is important that your research first before sharing or presenting the information in your briefing note.
- Make it easily accessible. The people may not have time to scan other notes or research report just to follow your briefing note. So it is best that your briefing note must be easily accessible so that they can be addressed quickly and efficiently as possible.