For an event to be successful, there should be an organized implementation of all the plans that an event host would like to realize. Through the help of event organizers and suppliers, an event can come in full shape. However, the ability of every event stakeholder to provide their deliverable on time is easier said than done.
For everyone to be aware of their responsibilities, an event planning checklist is necessary to be created. Compared to a student checklist and other minor kinds of planning checklists, an event planning checklist is wider in scope in relevance to processes, entities involved and actual plan example executions.
Sample Event Planning Checklist Example
There are different types of events that can be hosted and/or organized. With this, there is also a variety of event planning checklists that can be developed. These event planning checklists are also used in different circumstances depending on the event process activity where their importance is essential and beneficial. If you want to create a particular event planning checklist, browse through the samples that we have put together in this article.
Restaurant Event Planning Checklist Example
Corporate Event Planning Checklist Example
Party Planning Checklist Template
Generic Event Planning Checklist
Complex Event Planning Checklist Sample
What Can You Put in an Event Planning Checklist?
Just like a marketing checklist, an event planning checklist needs to be organized from the very beginning for it to be deemed highly-usable and efficient. Depending on the needs of the event organizer, there are a lot of things that can be placed on an event planning checklist. The most common items that you can expect to see in the content of this tool include the following:
- The activities that are necessary to be implemented within the entirety of the event. An event planning checklist can easily put together all the activities that are important to be done within the event duration. This information can be used to ensure that all the things needed to make specific event activities happen are already on hand. More so, this checklist examples can also be the guide for the masters of ceremonies and the technical team.
- The materials needed for the event activities. During the processes of event planning, the materials that are needed for the event is very important to be looked into. Imagine if the workforce for the event is all prepared but they actually have nothing to work on. This can provide a lot of downtime during the preparation for the event. Materials for the event can be directed both or it can also be supplied by the suppliers that the event host/s hiring. Hence, it is essential for event planners to ensure that they have proper communication with the hosts so the entire team can easily create an event planning checklist which contains specific details about the materials and other supplies that are needed to be put together, may it be for the location set-up or the items that will be used by the guests or event attendees.
- The workforce and suppliers whose functions and expertise are essential for the success of the event. An event planning checklist can also include information about the workforce. A big part of every event planning is the proper dissemination of the call-to-action for the program. This is for the following reasons:
- The suppliers of the event need to be aware of an earlier time period so they can prepare accordingly.
- The event planners and organizers need to ensure that all the people who are responsible for particular event needs can provide all their responsibilities at the proper time.
- The stakeholders of the event can easily allocate their time and efforts with regards the event planning processes if they are guided by an event planning checklist.
- The timeline that you will follow during the planning execution. An event planning checklist is not only limited to the organization of the workforce, activities, and supplies. It can also contain a timeline where particular call-to-actions are necessary to be implemented. Incorporating a time frame within an event planning checklist can make all the processes more cohesive.
Alumni Event Planning Checklist Sample
Sample Event Planning Checklist
Where Can You Use an Event Planning Checklist?
An event planning checklist can be used in a lot of events and activities. As long as you would like to plan for an undertaking, then the usage of this tool is the right fit for you. As mentioned above, there are different ways that an event planning checklist can be used depending on the following:
- The nature of the event where planning is necessary
- The people involved in the planning processes
- The part of the event or program where specific planning is needed
Some of the common events where the usage of an event planning checklist is beneficial are as follows:
- Birthdays. May it is a birthday celebration for a child or an adult, proper planning is very important. There are a lot of things that are needed to be put together during birthday parties which is an event planning checklist can really be beneficial to all the stakeholders of the birthday party.
- Weddings. A wedding only comes once to a person’s life. If you will be wedded soon, make sure that all the items and activities that you need for your wedding are already prepared. This will help you to savor the moment and enjoy this once in a lifetime event. Being prepared through the help of an event planning checklist or a bride checklist for an instance can make your wedding more relaxed and smooth flowing.
- Showers. Before, showers are only intended for small groups of attendees. However, the development of this program has been very rampant the past years that it has become a big deal for people who are expecting something. Some shower celebrations include the following:
- Baby Shower. Expecting a baby is one of the best moments that an extended family can share together. If you feel pressure on how you can present the gender of your newborn or even on just how to announce your pregnancy, then creating a carefully-curated baby shower checklist can help you a lot.
- Bridal Shower. Aside from baby showers, bridal showers are also famous to be done nowadays. In honor of the soon-to-be-bride, her friends and/or relatives organize a party. Having a bridal shower planning checklist can be very helpful if there are a lot of friends and other people from different groups who are invited to the said event.
- Anniversaries. There are milestones in every relationship that are meant to be celebrated. Anniversaries signify the longevity of a relationship may it be professional or personal. Some of the anniversaries celebration where a planning checklist can be used include the following:
- Organizational Anniversaries. If you are a company, lasting for years in the industry is an achievement as it means that your operations is sustainable. More so, it defines your credibility as a brand. This is the reason why organizational anniversaries are celebrated in a grand manner by most businesses. Make your organizational anniversaries successful by planning the event thoroughly.
- Wedding Anniversaries. The celebration of a wedding anniversary is expected to be filled with love and joy. There are certain wedding anniversaries like silver and gold wedding anniversaries that relatives and friends of the couple look forward celebrating. Using a planning checklist during this event to ensure that the celebration will be truly momentous and memorable.
Simple Event Planning Checklist Example
Printable Event Planning Checklist Sample
Why Do You Need an Event Planning Checklist?
Some people think that creating an event planning checklist is unnecessary and is just a waste of time. This may be for the reason that developing one can be a tedious process, especially for big events and celebrations. However, there is an underlying reason why event planners trust in using this tool; and that is because it allows the efficiency and effectiveness of the event to be seen even just within the planning processes. Listed below are some of the reasons why you need an event planning checklist.
- To properly plan the call-to-actions necessary for pre-event processes. Improve your efficiency by using a checklist. Since an event planning checklist is done way before the event execution, you can easily identify all the things that can affect the success of the event. Proper planning is key to achieving your goals as an event planner. If you are aware of the requirements of the event, then you can appropriately plan actions on how you can supply them.
- To identify the things needed during the event proper. On the day of the event, this is where you can see the effect of being organized through an event planning checklist. The event proper will smoothly flow if you have interlinked the workforce, the needed materials, the event set-up and the entire program properly. Within the event proper, event planning checklist can be used as a reference of the things that have been included in the plan and whether they have been implemented or not.
- To organize post-event procedures. The usage of an event planning checklist is not only applicable to the event planning and execution. After the event, you can use an event planning checklist to run an objective evaluation. More so, you can also use it as a reference for the payments that are needed to be done in exchange for the services that particular suppliers were able to provide during the event.
Event Planning Checklist Sample in PDF
Sample Checklist for Event Planning
How to Create an Effective Event Planning Checklist
Your planning methods and processes should be guided by an effective event planning checklist. You can ensure the success of an event if you are fully aware of its phases every step of the way leading to the event execution. With regards this matter, the question that most people ask is mostly the same – how do you create one that is efficient and usable? To serve as your guide, here is how you can create a working checklist:
- Always ask for the requirements of the event hosts. Do not plan without consulting the host of the event. Even if they say that you have full control in terms of the event planning, you should still seek for their opinions with regards aesthetics, program flow and the like. If they ask you to create one for their approval, then do not implement the plans without their go signal.
- Organize the items to be placed in the checklist based on their importance. It is necessary for you to be aware of how a particular item can affect the event flow. For you to be knowledgeable of how important an item is, you can rank the requirements of the event based on the following:
- The impact of the item to the event processes
- The time that you need to allow for you to get hold of the item
- The nature of the item and the realistic possibilities on how you can acquire it
- The things that you need to consider like budget, specific measurements and the like for the item to take part of the event
- Be realistic when it comes to the things that you will include in the event planning checklist. Identify the groupings of your activities and the materials that you need. With this, you can ensure that your event planning method is measurable, time-bound and achievable. This will allow you to create proper measures before actually implementing the plans that you have created.
- Be precise with the items that you need to achieve. Always prioritize the objectives and smart goals that you have. Your event planning checklist can only be used if you are aware of what you would like to have as an output during the event proper. Always be organized and never be bothered by the factors that are not necessary for the event. Keep in mind of your vision so you will not veer away from it at any time of the event planning.
Sample School Event Planning Checklist
Fillable Event Planning Checklist Sample
Whether you are a host who would like to execute a party or an event organizer who is tasked to plan a celebration, do not underestimate the usage of an event planning checklist and the benefits that it can provide you with. It may be a simple document but it can surely ensure you that you can easily track all the necessary things that are essential for the event planning and execution.
Do not be afraid to create an event planning checklist just because of the long process that you will undergo. Having one during event planning is truly advantageous as it can make you more prompt when it comes to looking at the things that you need to prioritize. With the samples and guidelines in this post that you can always refer to, the task of creating an effective planning checklist can be as easy as possible. Create one now and be impressed by how an event planning checklist can change the way you plan and execute an event.