Businesses, no matter how good they take care of their employees’ professional growth and well-being, should always face the fact that resignations and terminations will still occur in the future. Even if there are strong retention programs and strategies at hand, companies do not have a hold on how their employees will decide on whether to stay or leave the business. With this, companies should be prepared when it comes to the exit of employees.
All HR forms and documents necessary for the smooth resignation of employees are essential to be at hand all the time. One of these documents is the exit interview form. If you are unaware of how you can create an organized and well-formulated exit interview form, use the downloadable examples that we have listed in this post.
There are different types of HR forms you need for small businesses. One of these documents includes the exit interview form. Once an employee decides to resign and has already submitted a resignation letter, an exit interview should already be scheduled. With this, an exit interview form should also be made. Even if you can continue with the exit interview without any forms, it is still essential for the personnel who will be tasked to interview the resigning employee to have a list of all the items that should be given importance during the entire process. Here are some of the reasons why an exit interview form is important to be created:
Most exit interviews are done during the last day of the employee at the company. However, this can vary from one company to another. No matter the process of exit interviews that your company follows, you should not forget to use an exit interview form. The content of this document is what makes it effective. Hence, you need to ensure that you will list down important details that are usable for the current interview process as well as those that can be used by the company for future references. Listed below are some of the essential information that you should include in a basic exit interview form. You may also see samples of pre-interview questionnaires.
Just like other kinds of business forms, corporate questionnaires and survey examples, you can add more details to the list that we have provided. Again, the information that you would like to see in the exit interview form should depend on what you want to know from the employee.
It is essential for the management to ensure that exit interviews are planned with a particular objective or end goal. This will allow the person who will conduct the exit interview to be aware of what he or she should be able to achieve when implementing the entire process. Coming up with a thorough and comprehensive exit interview form can help the business when it comes to this matter. A few tips that you can refer to if you want to create an effective exit interview form include the following:
1. Thoroughly review the resignation letter of the employee. This can help you initially fill in the items that the exit interview form should have at the end of the activity. For clarification, just reiterate the details that you have placed in the document.
2. Make sure that the exit interview form is written in its simplest form. As much as possible, use keywords and phrases that can make it easier for the interviewer to easily understand the items that should be asked to the employee. You may also see interview agenda examples and samples.
3. Ensure that the items present in the exit interview form are developed in a formal manner. The entire exit interview must be as professional as possible. Avoid including personal questions on the exit interview form.
4. Even if you are already guided by the details present in the exit interview form, it is still important for you to show your respect to the employee who will resign. Do not seek answers if the employee does not want to further specify some information or if he or she is not comfortable to discuss the topic that you would like to talk about. You may also like interview schedule examples & samples.
5. Organize the flow of the exit interview form discussion. Give focus on the main or major items that should be answered especially those that are related to the date of the resignation, clarification regarding exit clearances, and other activities that should be done by the employee before leaving the company.
Employees who have already and firmly decided to resign are more open when it comes to giving their comments about the company, its operations, and the management. With this, exit interview forms should always be prepared to ensure that all information that is helpful for the improvement of the business can be recorded. Here are some of the reasons why having an exit interview form is truly important:
1. Exit interview forms can gather all the constructive criticisms from employees who have decided to leave the company. This information can be used to develop the working culture and environment within the business. You may also see interview essay examples & samples.
2. Exit interview forms can showcase patterns of the reasons of employee resignation. If these reasons can be addressed properly, then it is most likely that the company can achieve better employee retention.
3. Exit interview forms can help the company come up with better job descriptions. Through the results of an exit interview form, the management can further review the strengths that an employee for a particular work position should have so that he or she will best fit the job designation and can adapt to the culture of the business, its demands and operational requirements. You may also like importance of human resource management.
4. Exit interview forms can help businesses gather insights from internal sources. Employees have worked within the company so they are already aware of the areas that need to be improved.
Starting to develop an exit interview form can be easier if you will use references. Properly format and layout all the content of your exit interview form by referring and downloading the examples in this post. Ensure that you will do your best to create the final exit interview form that your business will use so you can maximize the potential of the document’s usage. You may also check out best human resource policies and practices.