From better opportunities to health conditions, there are a lot of reasons why employees decide to resign from their current job posts. As an employee, it is important for you to exit gracefully. You have to follow the regulations and policies related to resignation as these items are usually specified in the contract or agreement that you have signed before the actual employment.
One of the things that you need to do is to create an employee resignation letter. Most companies require their employees to create this document for proper resignation procedures to be executed. As a sign of your final decision to leave the company, an employee resignation letter can be used as a signal to prepare all the necessary forms and documents needed to clear you from any responsibilities with your employer. Make sure that you will use a formal letter format when making this letter. We have put together different kinds of employee resignation letter examples that you can refer to if you want to be guided accordingly when making your own employee resignation letter.
Whether it is a no notice resignation letter or two weeks notice resignation letter that you would like to create, what is important to be looked into is that you will submit this document once you have already fully decided to formally cut your ties with the company that you are currently employed with. Writing an employee resignation letter can provide you with a lot of advantages. Here are some of the reasons why it is important for you to create an employee resignation letter when resigning:
1. An employee resignation letter can help you leave your employer in good terms. Providing this letter is a sign of professionalism as you took the necessary step to willingly exit the business while still being a responsible employee even up to the last days of your employment. This can be noted by your employer which is a great way to close your record with the business.
2. An employee resignation letter can make it easier for you to leave a lasting positive impression to your employer. This can affect your future job applications as your can seek for the recommendation of your previous company. Moreover, there are businesses who conduct background checks. Do not make your relationship with your previous employer negatively affect the possibility of you getting hired by another company. You may also see resignation letter examples.
3. An employee resignation letter will allow you to specify all the important details of your decision to resign. With this, your employer can further understand the instances that made you come up with the decision. May it be a decision based from your experiences in the workplace or a personal reason that left you with no option to resign, explaining your side of the story is very important as it can clarify issues and other inquiries. You may also like official resignation letter examples.
Even if it is already included in most resignation policies, there are still employees who decide not to pass any resignation letter. If you already plan to resign, do not fall into the trap of leaving the company for good without proper and due exit. Even if it can lessen the things that you need to undergo, it can also scrutinize your employment record. Here are some of the reasons why we suggest you to create your own employee resignation letter:
1. You can use an employee resignation letter to thank your employer for all the professional experiences and opportunities that it allowed you to have. It is always suggested to make things positive within the letter even if you will already leave the company. There will always be a possibility that you will be working again with the other individuals who you previously worked with. Imagine if you are applying for a new job after some time then you realize that the manager who accepted your job application letter used to also work in the previous company that you left without giving an employee resignation letter. This can already set your application back as awareness of your negative character as an employee has already been observed.
2. You can identify the improvements that you’ve had while employed in the business. You can even specify that it is with these improvements that you were able to qualify for a better opportunity. Allow them to feel that you are thankful for the employment. It is for sure that there are also positive impacts that your employer has provided you with. Whether you will leave the company due to internal issues or self-will, it is always recommended to showcase your appreciation. You may also see how to write a resignation letter.
3. You can build a list of strong connections within the industry if you will create an employee resignation letter. Especially if you will be working in the same industry where your previous business belong, these connections and professional relationships can contribute to your future professional growth. You may also like two weeks notice letter examples & samples.
It will be best if you can create a complete and detailed employee resignation letter. The details that you will put in this document can make it easier for the human resource department to fill resignation forms and other documents that will be used for the procedure. Listed below are the details that you should include in a basic employee resignation letter.
Be reminded that it is not always required for you to include the reason of your resignation. This will depend on your decision so you do not need to prioritize it when forming your resignation checklist. However, further inquiries can be lessened during the exit interview if you will already specify this information in the letter. Again, do not feel pressured and obligated to write the reason that made you resign especially if you are not comfortable discussing it in writing.
There are some items that you need to veer away from if you already want to start making your letter for resignation. Being aware of the negative impacts of some writing activities and instances can help you realize even more why you should be careful when specifying information which will be seen in your resignation letter. Here are some of the things that you should not do when writing an employee resignation letter:
1. Do not use harsh words and curses when making an employee resignation letter. This will only reflect your personality as an individual and as a professional. More so, this can affect how the business perceive you which can also be the cause for recommendations to not be given in the future. You may also see what is a resignation letter?
2. Do not state negative things about the business. You can discuss this with the person who is assigned to talk to you during the exit interview. Even if you need to be honest with the reasons why you resigned, it is still important for you to be reminded that the documents that you give to the company will be placed in your permanent records. Always maintain professionalism and formality when writing the document. You may also like short resignation letter examples in pdf.
3. Do not write the resignation letter when you are still controlled by your emotions. Especially for resignations that are caused by misunderstandings and fights with other employees, writing a letter right away can make you write things that you will soon regret. Be formal when writing the document so you can focus on what you truly need to discuss which will not affect the positive perception or impression of your employer.
4. Do not make the document seem to be so lengthy. As much as possible, focus on relevant and necessary information. Do not discuss a lot of things especially secondary details that you can just relay through your discussion with your immediate head, supervisor, manager, and/or the human resource personnel. A simple resignation letter that points out the essential details of your resignation can work better compared to a long resignation letter with unnecessary details and added useless information.
There are different kinds of employee resignation letters. A few of these include retirement resignation letter, relocation resignation letter, and health-concerns resignation letter. Do not confuse yourself with what type of employee resignation letter it is that you need to make. Always depend on the condition of your resignation and the current situation that you are involved in. For you to create a great employee resignation letter, here are some tips that you may follow:
1. Know the medium or platform that you will use when sending the employee resignation letter. If you will hand it personally, make sure that the format of the document as well as the paper where you will print it are presentable. On the other hand, you have to be aware of the proper layout of the letter if you will attach it in an email. You may also see temporary job resignation letter examples.
2. Use templates if you want to have a professional looking employee resignation letter. Having templates as your guides can actually improve the overall look and appeal of the letter. Even if this is not necessary, we still recommend it as your resignation letter will remain in your employment record. You may also check out examples of writing an acknowledgement of resignation letter.
3. Review the policies and regulations of the company regarding resignation processes. This will help you polish your resignation letter even more and it will also allow you to prepare yourself in giving the document to your employer especially if there are specifications with how the letter should be submitted. You might be interested in immediate resignation letter examples.
4. Seek for the advice of other people whom you trust. Before forwarding the formal letter to your employer, allow a person or two to review and evaluate the document. This way, you can have sound and objective recommendations that can further develop the letter or will let you remove items that can ruin your reputation or your relationship with your employer.
5. Proofread the entire document. As much as possible, remove the grammatical, spelling and formatting errors and lapses that you have seen while browsing through the employee resignation letter again.
If you have seen a similar resignation letter that you would like to make from the examples listed in this post, feel free to download it and use it as your content guide. However, do not forget to make the resignation letter truly your own. Allow your employer to feel that you are really sincere with the statements that you will include in the letter. Start making your resignation letter now and leave a positive mark to your employer as you embark on another journey without them. You may also see writing a heartfelt resignation letters.