Applying for a job position, may it be through a job application email or personal application submission is one of the things that people look forward to as it means that earnings can already be present in their lives should they be successful with the undertaking. Whether you are a fresh graduate or a seasoned employee, it will always be an exciting feeling to immerse in various work applications as it allows you to see new perspectives of the professional industry. Though a lot of people tend to submit their application the moment the hiring announcement occurred, there are also some that can seek employment during the last minutes of the hiring process.
Even if you are not prompt in terms of sending your work application, there is still a big possibility that you can get hired by your prospective employer. All you need to do is to be organized in terms of arranging all the requirements and qualifications needed. More so, always be ready to present yourself in a professional manner. If you are applying for a particular job position at the last minute, be guided on how to use the last minute job application checklist through the samples that we have collected in this post.
Reasons Why Last Minute Job Application Occurs
Most of the time, applicants prepare for a long period of time before applying for a job. This ensures them that they are fully-equipped with the qualifications that are necessary to pass all the hiring processes. Are you one of these applicants, or you tend to work for your applications the other way around? Ask yourself, have you ever applied for a job at the last minute?
Though it may be disorienting for some especially those who exert a lot of effort for application preparations, there are actually instances where applying the last minute is inevitable. Here are some of the reasons why last minute job application occurs:
- The applicant only knew about the job opening a few days before the application closes. There are work opportunity announcements that are only posted online, and there are also some that can only be seen on the bulletin boards of companies. With this, there are people who can only be informed about the job opening on a short notice.
- The applicant is still undecided on which professional path to take which added to the longevity of the decision making process. Have you ever asked yourself whether it is the right thing to apply for a particular job or to try a new work that can improve your career? There are some applicants who are hesitant to select an option especially if there are two or three items for selection that are available. Most of the time, it is only in the last days of application that an applicant can be pressured to decide accordingly.
- The applicant has prior commitments that are needed to be fixed or settled first before being able to apply. If you are currently an employee of a business, there are some company clauses and regulations that you need to consider before applying for another job. If circumstances favor you, then it is most likely that you can still send an application at the last minute once you have already settled everything in the current company where you are currently in.
- The applicant is still putting together all the requirements for the application and was able to do so only a few days before the actual application. There are some work applications that are very strict when it comes to the initial requirements that should be submitted by applicants. In the perspective of businesses, it is a great move as it can already narrow down their selection of qualified applicants from the start of the hiring process. However, this can be a hindrance to applicants who are very interested to apply but lacks specific requirements on hand. This is one of the reasons why late or last-minute applications may occur.
Last Minute Police Officer Application Checklist Sample
Last Minute Job Application Checklist Guide
Important Documents to be Listed in a Last Minute Job Application Checklist
If you are in the point where you need to go through the last minute job application, do not lose hope. You still have a shot at getting the position that you are applying for. One thing that can help your confidence in this situation is the creation of a last minute job application checklist. Some of the things that are always present in a last minute job applicant checklist are the documents that are necessary to be presented upon application. A few of the reasons why it is necessary to include these items in the last minute job application checklist include the following:
Since you are already aware of how important it is to have application documents be placed in the checklist that you will create, the next question is – are you knowledgeable of which documents to bring? Some of the documents that you should include in your last minute job application checklist are listed below.
- Professional Profile or Resume – It is very essential for your resume to be present in this checklist as it is one of the major documents that can give a great initial impression on employers.
- Cover Letter or Application letter – You can prepare a cover letter even if this is not asked by your employer. As an additional document, it can help you to further provide details about your professional life and corporate undertakings.
- Job Application Form – Most job application forms are filled out once you are already in the vicinity of the business. However, there are also some job application forms that can be downloaded online which is essential to be given right away once you arrive at the location where the hiring process will take place.
- Portfolio – A work compilation will always come handy during your application. If there is a part of the interview where your strengths, abilities and other deliverable are necessary to be known; then you can just present your portfolio so you can provide a valid proof of what you are claiming verbally.
In some instances, a job application essay may be necessary to be presented. There are also other documents that are needed to be placed on this checklist. Truth be told, the documents that you will include in your checklist should not be based on the basics alone. You need to make sure that you will look at the requirements of the company where you will apply so you can include them in the list of documents that you will include in your last minute job application checklist.
Academic Job Application Checklist
Last Minute Job Application Letter Checklist
Other Items That Should be Placed on a Last Minute Job Application Checklist
Aside from your application documents, there are also other things that you need to include in the last minute job application checklist. Keep in mind that it is your totality that is being assessed during job applications. With this, there are other items that we suggest you add the content of your last minute job application checklist:
- The clothes that you will wear
- The samples of job interview tips that you can review
- The identification cards that you will present at the business location for proper identification
- The mode of transportation that you will take during the application day
- The examination tools that you need to bring
- The money that you need to prepare, if necessary
- The specific time frames within the application day that you need to take note of
- The requirements that you need to submit
Sample Checklist for Last Minute Job Application
Paper Job Application Checklist Sample
How to Create a Last Minute Job Application Checklist That Works
The efficiency of the last minute job application checklist does not only rely on the content that you will put in the specified tool. It is also necessary for you to be knowledgeable about how you will put together all the details that you need to prioritize. Here is how you can create a last-minute job application checklist that is highly-usable:
- First, identify the platform or medium where you will send your application. You can apply for jobs through email or you can also directly go to the location of the business.
- Browse through the requirements of the job application that you will immerse yourself into. Some human resource departments send an e-mail or a text message of the things that you need to bring.
- Make sure that you are fully aware of the things that you are expected to have. This will allow you to group them accordingly.
- List the items that are included in the requirements of the job position that you are applying for or the other things that the hiring personnel would like you to bring or present.
- Once all the items are already listed, group them based on the items that you already have and the items that you still do not have on hand.
- Keep the checklist of the items that you already have and work on the other portion which contains the items that you still need to put together, gather, and document.
- Review the documents and other materials that you have listed and organize them in a chronological list which can be based on how easy it is to get those items given the limited time frame that you have.
- Finalize the list and put a lot of effort on finishing the entire checklist so you can be ready for your last minute application.
Last Minute Job Interview Checklist Example
Printable Job Application Checklist
Tips in Making a Last Minute Job Application Checklist More Beneficial
Creating a last minute job application checklist is very beneficial as it can help you organize your thoughts based on the needs of your application. Even if you applied at the last minute, you still need to have the fighting spirit to stand out from your competitors. Having a comprehensive and effective job application checklist will allow you to organize everything that you need before and during the application day. Some of the tips that you can use if you are in the process of making a last minute job application checklist include the following:
- Be organized. Since you already lack the time to prepare, you need to make sure that the steps that you will follow in this undertaking is well-prepared and organized. It is essential for you to make the most out of the limited time that you have so you can still ace the application even if you have applied during the last minutes of it.
- Be precise. Do not include items that are unnecessary or irrelevant to the application. These items will only let you lose your focus on what to prioritize first. Again, your checklist should guide you and not distract you.
- Be prompt. Even if you were not able to apply at a sooner time, you can still be prompt when it comes to creating your last minute job application checklist. If you will be aware of the things that you need and if you will act accordingly, then you can easily prepare for a job examination or an interview even if you have a limited time to do so.
- Be ready. The key to achieving your objectives when applying for a job application is to always be ready. This will still apply even if you are late in terms of application. If all the documents that you need are already on hand, then it will be easy for you to create a job application checklist that can be ticked and completed right away.
- Be realistic. Just as how you create a resume summary statement, the items that you will place in your job application checklist should be based on your capabilities and deliverable. Do not include items that you cannot achieve in consideration of the time constraints that you have as it will only defeat the purpose of having a last minute job application checklist.
Job Placement Application Checklist Sample
Student Employment Checklist Sample
The thing with using the last-minute job application checklist is that you will not use it all the time. This can be one of the reasons why people think it is irrelevant to be aware of how to make one. However, what if you are faced with an instance where you really want to apply for a work post but you are restrained because of the time that you have to prepare? Do you still think that using the last-minute job application checklist is irrelevant and not usable?
It is always a good thing to be prepared. Hence, even if you are still not applying for a job, it can still be helpful if you will be knowledgeable about how you can easily create an efficient and comprehensive last minute job application checklist.