Ever tried applying for a job or an institution where you are asked to talk about yourself? Do the questions “Why should we hire you?” or “What are your interests?” or maybe even “What makes you different?” sound familiar to you? Then you are not alone. Most jobs or even college applicants encounter these questions more often than the sound of their alarms or the singing of the birds in the morning.
Some businesses or colleges would ask you to write a personal statement, a description, commonly in a form of an essay about yourself. Some companies would usually ask you to write a personal statement together with your application letter as a part of their admission process. Here are a couple of samples which could be of great help for you.
77+ Personal Statement Examples
1. Personal Statement Affidavit Template
2. Freelance Personal Statement Template
3. School Personal Statement Template
4. University Personal Statement Template
5. Medical School Personal Statement Template
6. Free Freelance Writer Personal Statement Template
7. Permission to Use Quote or Personal Statement Template
8. Free Statement Personal Mind Map Template
9. Personal Financial Statement Template
10. Student Personal Mission Statement Template
11. Law School Personal Statement
12. Children’s Nursing Personal Statement
13. Adult Nursing Personal Statement
14. Free Psychology Personal Statement
15. Clinical Psychology Personal Statement
16. Psychology Masters Personal Statement
17. Forensic Psychology Personal Statement
18. Educational Psychology Personal Statement
19. Music Business Personal Statement
20. Business Administration Personal Statement
21. Business Management Personal Statement
What Is a Personal Statement?
Writing a personal statement can have various purposes or structure.
There are also others that are straightforward, precise and aiming to hit the goal, while others tend to be a bit shy and timid with their statements. There is one common similarity among the many kinds of personal statement: to talk about yourself, of your personal background, and your skills and abilities.
Writing a personal statement is where you sell yourself, not literally, but figuratively, so that you can leave an authentic impression that would make an employer want to meet you or a school head to offer you an admission.
This is where you tell everything about yourself and why you are different from others.
It is the same as making an invitation design, the more attractive it is, the more people will be intrigued about the occasion. However, writing such statement might sound simple because all you have to do is tell everything about your personality and what you can do. In truth, it is difficult.
Most institutions do not focus on how flowery your words are. To tell you the truth, it is not the essence of a personal statement. Rather, it is how passionate you are about the point you are giving, how grateful you are about the life you have and the opportunities that it gives you, and how futuristic and hopeful you are about your career and personal smart goals.
- A personal statement should be brief, concise, and straight to the point.
- It should contain the most relevant information about you.
- It should include the skills and talents needed for the post you are hoping for.
- It should have your achievements and interests if you are aiming for a college admission.
- And lastly, it should contain words of gratitude and hope to show that whoever is reading your personal statement will know how genuine your character is.
22. Graduate Dentistry Personal Statement
23. Free Dentistry Personal Statement
24. Engineering Master Personal Statement
25. Civil Engineering Personal Statement
26. Mechanical Engineering Personal Statement
27. Free Fashion Personal Statement
28. Fashion Marketing Personal Statement
29. Fashion Management Personal Statement
30. Free Finance Personal Statement
Tips for an Effective Personal Statement
When writing a personal statement, always bear in mind that you write to impress. So we have outlined for you some tips for an effective personal statement.
- Understand Your Goal. Bear in mind what your goal is in writing a personal statement. Remember that you are not the only one who is trying to grab that position or admission, so make it a point to put your best foot forward. This is what you do when you have a goal. It keeps your steps solid and for sure you won’t lose your track.
- Create an Outline. Like a college essay, your personal income statement should have a layout. Use the funneling technique on this one. Start from the most general points and narrow it down to the specific ones. It also helps you organize your thoughts better so your words will not jumble.
- Be Genuine. This is not the hardest thing to do in the world. All you need to do is tell honestly what your skills and accomplishments are. A personal statement is an overview about your personality. Even if it is a written letter, an employer or a supervisor will know if you are telling the truth or not.
- Be Specific. Some schools or business statement establishments would send a list of questions that they need you to answer and include on your personal statement. Answer those questions concretely and with substance. Do not veer away from your main point. Focus on your answer and be straightforward.
- Maintain a Positive Tone. A personal statement is not the place for you to vent out your frustrations in life nor an opportunity to show your weaknesses and appeal for emotions. Make your words sound positive. Provide energy and liveliness when sharing about a certain lesson you learned or an obstacle in your life and how you were able to overcome it.
- Check and Revise. Sometimes when we are writing, we often misspell things or use inappropriate words especially when we are in our deep thoughts. So before you put your letter in an envelope and put it in your mailbox, be sure to proofread your work. Check your spelling, choice of words and arrangement of thoughts.
31. Law School Personal Statement
32. Family Medicine Personal Statement
33. Internal Medicine Personal Statement
34. Medical School Personal Statement
35. Marketing and Advertising Personal Statement
36. Postgraduate Study Personal Statement
37. Personal Statement for Postgraduate Courses
38. Veterinary School Personal Statement
39. Free Residency Personal Statement
40. Real Estate Personal Statement Sample
41. Sociology Personal Statement Example
42. Basic Pharmacy Personal Statement
How Important Is a Personal Statement?
University admissions hold interviews based on the applications they receive. How you write your personal vision statement will be a determining factor for you to land in an interview and consequently get into college. So if you are planning to write a personal letter of poor quality, you better think twice. Here are the reasons why you need to write a compelling personal letter.
1. It gives you a better shot.
Whether you are aiming for a university admission or landing a job at a prominent income statement for company, an effective personal letter gives you a better shot compared to others. Remember that you are not the only participant in the race. In order for you to win, you need to give it with an undivided attention.
2. It gets your name on the list.
Yes, it does. The truth is your personal letter is your only key to have your name on the master list. Some universities are a little picky when it comes to admitting new applicants. They do filtering to ensure that they choose the right students for the right program. Not only that. They are very selective because the applicant they choose will soon become a fruit of their own tree and they certainly don’t want it to be a bad one.
3. It boosts your confidence.
A personal statement is always given a head of time during an application examples or admission process. This gives the school or a company an overview of who to select from the many applicants. Writing a bold and convincing personal letter could get you ahead of others. You get picked from the basket of people longing for that post. Then in the process you get called for an interview.
You know that your personal statement caught the attention of the school board or the employer and so you are confident that you are just a few steps away from landing that position you always hoped for.
A personal statement need not be a novel-long narrative of yourself. Just as long as the important words and details are there, that’s fine. However, never settle for less. Always aim for the best. Have you ever seen an advertising brochure?
It usually comes as a single sheet example in pdf, a cardboard or a photo paper maybe, folded into half or a quarter, but contains all the necessary information you want to know about a certain product. That is how your personal statement should be, brief, concise, and effective.
43. Graduate School Crafting Personal Statement
44. Formal Medical School Personal Statement
45. Simple Residency Personal Statement
46. Graduate School Personal Statement
47. Law School Personal Statement Format
48. Personal Statement Worksheet
49. Sample Personal Statement
50. Basic Personal Statement
51. Example of Personal Statement
52. Applications for College Personal Statement
53. Personal Statement with Examples
54. Neurosurgery Residency Personal Statement
55. Internal Medicine Personal Statement
56. Family Medicine Personal Statement
57. Personal Statements for Graduate School
58. Sample Medical School Personal Statement
59. Law School Personal Statement Example
60. Nursing School Personal Statement
61. Personal Statements
62. Personal Statement for Graduate School
63. Writing a Personal Statement
64. Undergraduate Personal Statement
65. Personal Statement Handout
66. Compelling Personal Statement
67. Samples of Personal Statement Prompts
68. Scholarship Personal Statement
69. Examples of Personal Statement Template
70. Formal College Application Personal Statement
71. Business Administration Personal Statement
72. Standard Medical School Personal Statement
73. Standard Personal Statement
74. Personal Statement Template
75. MBA Personal Statement
76. Mastering the Personal Statement
77. In Defence of the Personal Statement
78. Professional Personal Statements
79. General Personal Statement
80. Personal Statement for Postgraduate
81. Short Personal Statement
82. One Page Personal Statement
83. School Personal Statement Workshop
84. Winning Personal Statement in PDF
85. Example Personal Statement
86. Printable Personal Statement Example
87. Personal Statement Sheet
88. Personal Statement with Sample Format
89. Personal Statement in DOC
90. Writing a Personal Statement with Example
91. Short Personal Statement in DOC
92. Personal Statement Workbook
93. Personal Statement Pro Forma
94. Personal Statement on Leadership
95. Simple Personal Statement in DOC
96. Student Personal Statement Example
97. Personal Statement and College Narrative
98. Company Personal Statement
99. Personal Statement Details Form
100. Personal Statement and Study Plan
101. Personal Statement and Essay