A strategic action plan is a business document that helps corporate entities and business establishments to identify the steps or call-to-actions that they need to execute to achieve their goals. Through a strategic action plan, it will be easier for businesses to get a variety of milestones and to be at the condition or state that they aspire to be at.
Whether you are a big corporation or a small start-up, you should not overlook the development of your own strategic action plan as it can help you a lot when it comes to organizing your operational work processes and preparing your business whenever it is faced with risks, threats, and opportunities.
We have listed several examples of strategic action plans that you can browse through and download in this post. Feel free to use these downloadable examples as your references so you can have an easier and more efficient time when developing a strategic action plan for your business.
Unlike a nonprofit project plan, a strategic action plan used by businesses actually needs to ensure the sustainability of the business’s profitability. Aside from this, a strategic action plan can also be used by establishments for marketing, promotion, advertising, operational, and sales purposes.
Listed below are some of the benefits that you can get if you will create and use a comprehensive and detailed strategic action plan.
1. Making a strategic action plan can present different ways on how you can implement your strategic objectives. There are changes and unforeseen circumstances that may occur within the operations of the business, which is why it will come in handy if you have a document like a strategic action plan that can direct you to the condition where you would like the business to be at even with the presence of these changes or shifts within the different areas of the business operations.
2. Using a strategic action plan can help you address all the key factors that contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of your activities. This document can help you align your efforts with your strategic goals. With this, it will be assured that you are not wasting your time and efforts and that you are directing the business in the right direction.
3. Developing a strategic action plan can give you the power to deliver relevant and practical steps which are beneficial to the business and its operations. Having this document as a guide can help you to maximize and utilize the usage of your resources. You may also see strategic planning checklist examples.
4. Having a strategic action plan allows you to measure your growth, development, and progress over time. If you will create this document, you can see the goals of the business that have already been achieved and those that are still needed to be looked into. A strategic action plan can help you assess the relevance of the strategies that you are using to the actual operations of the business.
It may be confusing at first on why there is still a need to develop a strategic action plan when the business already has a tactical plan and a business plan. One of the things that separate a strategic action plan from the other specified documents is that it presents specific call-to-actions where realistic strategies are incorporated to get the best results for the business operations.
Always be reminded that a strategic plan will not work if it is not aligned with an action plan. Hence, it is essential for a strategic action plan to be developed so that it can interlink strategies with actual business activities. Aside from these, here are more reasons why it is suggested or recommended for your business to have a strategic action plan:
1. A strategic action plan can help your business establish its credibility especially to your investors, partners, and shareholders. Having a strategic action plan only means that you are well-prepared when it comes to developing the business and its operations. With this, you can ensure your stakeholders that the business will remain relevant, sustainable, and profitable. You may also check out business strategic plan examples.
2. A strategic action plan, like an academic strategic plan, can promote responsibility and ownership. Since a strategic action plan presents all the key entities who are responsible for implementing particular call-to-actions and strategies, it will be easier for you to call them out whenever there are concerns and issues about the tasks and deliverable that they are expected to provide.
3. A strategic action plan can spread awareness about the direction where you are leading the business. It is important for you to have a collaborative discussion with the other stakeholders of the company. In this manner, you can identify all the areas that you need to develop and the improvements that you must see once the content of the strategic action plan is already implemented. You may also see recruitment strategy plan examples.
4. A strategic action plan can assess and evaluate the feasibility of your simple business plan. With this document, you can identify the measures that are needed to be considered before implementing your action plans. Since you are strategic with how you execute activities and efforts, you can prepare for unforeseen circumstances with the help of back-ups and other options specified in the document.
5. A strategic action plan can serve as a reference of which strategies and action plans worked for your business. This can help you trace the outputs of your previous activities especially if you are always updating the strategic action plan of the business. With this, you can veer away from repeating the same mistakes and you can also create strategies and programs that can be very beneficial for your business. You may also like security strategic plan examples.
Just like a college strategic plan, your strategic action plan must be comprehensive. The completion of all the information that you would like all the stakeholders of the business involved in the planning and development of the strategic action plan can impact the effectiveness of the document and its actual usage. Some of the most important details that should be in your strategic action plan include the following:
1. It is essential for you to first point out the entities who will be included in the planning and implementation processes of your strategic action plan. You have to know the stakeholders that you will be working with so that you can identify whether you have the enough workforce to carry out your plans.
2. Know the exact processes that will be included in your strategic action plan. This document should contain a step-by-step guide that can showcase the call-to-actions that are needed to be done by the people who are involved in your business operations and other corporate processes. You may also see simple strategic plan examples.
3. Start developing a general action plan for all the issues that you would like to address, the questions that you want to answer, and the concerns that you want to have a solution for. It is essential for your strategic action plan to contain precise information as it allows the document to become more understandable.
4. Collaborate with the team and ensure that your strategic action plan contains filtered inputs based on what is really needed by the business.
You have to make sure that the suggestions and recommendations of the team are considered but it is also your responsibility to identify the final items that you will include in the document based on the current condition of the business and the strategies and tactics that will be truly helpful for its potential growth. You may also like restaurant strategic plan examples.
5. List down all the resources that you will be needing for the undertaking. Start from the budget that you will be working with up to the materials, equipment, and items that should be used by the workforce to deliver their responsibilities accordingly.
6. Present the time frames when particular strategic action plan activities are expected to occur. You also need to measure the longevity of the entire process. Know how long it will take to see results and ensure that all your simple action plans are time-sensitive so you can have the output that you need at your expected time period.
7. Discuss how often it is needed to update the strategic action plan that your business will use. You can also set the dates for the meeting of involved entities so that it will be easier to identify the results of the document’s usage in particular time duration. You may also check out community strategic plan examples.
8. Come up with an organizational structure that can also be used for the identification of the decision-making flow. It is important for people to know the level of their power and the actual responsibilities that they have so that there will be a smooth and easy execution of the strategic action plan. You might be interested in maintenance strategy plan examples.
Are you already prepared to develop your own strategic action plan? Being ready to immerse in the processes of strategic action plan development can help you create a document that can work best for your business.
Here are some of the most useful tips that you can use as a guide if you want to come up with an impressive strategic action plan:
1. In comparison to a printable emergency action plan, there should also be a sense of urgency when it comes to the implementation of your call-to-actions whenever it is already required within the operations. You have to make sure that the content of your strategic action plan is attainable, time-bound, and measurable.
2. Ensure that your strategic action plan contains details that are based on firsthand information and research study results. Do not just include action plans based on your own understanding or without consulting your stakeholders and/or professionals. You may also see procurement strategy plan examples.
3. Look into the previous strategic action plans of the company, if there are any. Having these items as your references can help you evaluate strategic action plan trends and the ways on how specific action plans affect the business.
4. Review the content of your strategic action plan draft and assess its relevance to the operations of the business, the current condition of the company, and the steps that are needed to be done to ensure that the business can achieve its goals and objectives.
5. Have a criteria that you can use when evaluating the document and its effectiveness. You always need to update the strategic action plan of the business so you can identify the results that it brings to the company and its operations. In this manner, you can change the strategies and action plans that did not work and develop a new one that has a high potential of helping the business get milestones and realize its vision. You may also like brief strategic plan examples.
Do not forget to use the downloadable examples available here as well as the discussions that we have presented about the creation and usage of a strategic action plan. You can also use templates for formatting concerns or needs. You may also check out department strategic plan examples.
No business operations is perfect, but you can make yours ideal with the help of a complete and detailed strategic action plan.