No matter what type of project your company handles, it is important that it should meet the quality expected by the client and to your organization itself. The quality of the project is critical to the success of the project plan. That is why the organizations should have a method to manage and control the quality.
With the quality plan, it ensures that the project is meeting the quality targets, ensuring expected quality levels, controlling the changes and modifications of the project, and implementing the quality management system. Whatever project it is, it should always have a quality plan so that it will be successful.
Standard Quality Plan
Quality Management Plan
Construction Quality Plan Example
Contract Quality Plan
What Is a Quality Plan?
A quality plan is a document or several documents that will specify practices, quality standards, resources, specifications, and sequence of activities that relates to a particular product, service, or project produced or establish by an organization or a company.
The quality plan should define:
- The particular documents and instructions to be applied.
- The objectives to be accomplished.
- The changes or the modifications to the quality plan that improves the process.
- The testing, inspection, and examination of the project.
- The steps in the process that establish the standard operating procedure of an organization.
- The method measuring the achievement of the project.
- The allocation of responsibility and resources during the simple business plan.
- And other necessary documents to meet the objectives.
The Purpose of a Quality Plan
The main purpose of a quality plan is to define the quality of a project, product or service to meet the customer’s expectation or to exceed the customer’s expectation regarding the quality and the satisfaction made by a particular product, service, or project. Another purpose of a plan is to achieve the quality of the project being executed.
To know more about the quality plan, you can check out our quality control plan examples here.
Quality Assurance Plan Example
Quality Control Plan
Quality Improvement Plan Sample
Quality Enhancement Plan
Annual Quality Plan Example
How to Create a Quality Plan
There are four steps in creating a quality plan.
- Set up quality expectation. This requires you to find out what would the customer get after the project is complete.
- Plan for quality assurance. This step requires you to select a method and resources to meet the quality of the project.
- Plan quality control. In this step, you need to devise a way to schedule the quality control activities to ensure that the project is expected on quality levels.
- Organize the process for managing quality. This step will define the process in managing the quality. This includes listing the strategic plans to ensure that it is performed as expected.
The Guidelines for Quality Plan
Here are the guidelines for a quality plan.
- It should describe the quality responsibilities of the stakeholders.
- It should document quality report and quality management systems.
- It should define the process to control the quality at project phase.
- It should detail the plans for acceptance testing and integrating testing.
- It should describe the procedure for taking corrective actions for the problems and issues that are imminent in the project phase.