A good conclusion of a speech comes from a good introduction. The conclusion and the introduction are somewhat linked together. Whatever you said you in your introduction must be reiterated in the conclusion but of course with different structure and approach. It is like saying again what you intended to say in the first place.
The Closing Speech for an Event
Closing any special occasion speech or event is one of the most important parts of an event. It sets the tone and leaves everyone something to think of after the event. However, it not an easy job and in fact, the trickiest. But the key to an effective closing speech is to make it short and simple.
How to Conclude a Speech?
Closing a speech in pdf is not that hard, but it is not that easy either. To help you conclude your speech, here are some suggestions.
- The simplest way and a more practical in closing a speech is to say thank you. That alone gives the signal to the audience to applaud.
- But if you want something more interesting, try asking a question. A question that is related to the talk. This way, it will get the people thinking and may be discussed it on their own.
- Or try something that makes the audience move or do something. They have been sitting there for too long, give them something that will make their energy come up again.
How to Deliver a Powerful Closing to a Speech
- Summarize what you have said. Summarizing your speech in the end is advisable as it helps your audience connect back to your speech.
- Use your introductory speech in the closing. You know what they say, the opening can be a great ending.
- Make use of quotations. What better way to close your speech is to quote a quotation from a notable writer.
- Give a dramatic statement. Provide your audience a lively ending—it’s the key to motivational speeches.
Tips for Ending a Speech with a Bang
- Plan your conclusion speech word for word. Aside from using a speech outline, the best way you can make your conclusion memorable and remarkable is to plan every word of your closing speech.
- Make use of a call to action. The call to action will provide your closing statement with strength and power
- Always summarize your speech at the end. As stated above, summarizing your whole speech will give the audience a flashback of what your speech is all about.
- Use a story. It might make your thank you speech a little longer but it makes the audience to hold on to their seat and listen for more.
- Make them laugh. Nothing more satisfying that making your audience laugh at your closing speech.
- Use poem. There are lots of poems out there that has a relevant to your speech, use them and make it to your advantage.
What Are the Techniques to Make an Effective Conclusion?
Below are the techniques used to make effective conclusions.
- Summarizing all the main points in your speech template.
- Asking a provocative question.
- Using quotations.
- Provoke a strong image.
- Using a call to action statements.
- Ending it with a warning.
- Using or comparing other situations.
- Suggesting possible outcomes or consequences.