Each person encounters different struggles when it comes to essay writing. Some people find it difficult to put their ideas into words while others don’t even know how to start an essay. Naturally, it would be difficult to compose an essay when you’re completely clueless on the topic. Rather than wasting time worrying about it, it would be best to actually act upon it.
100,000+ Designs, Documents Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Keynote. - START DOWNLOADING
You can’t keep waiting until you ran out of tomorrows. After all, procrastinating won’t get you anywhere near your goals. It’s time to grab the essentials and get yourself started.
Preparing an Outline for an Essay
The main problem with writing an essay without drafting or outlining it, is that you’re bound to reach a dead end at some point. Without a clear direction ahead, you’ll find it difficult to focus and stay relevant to the topic. Knowing this, it’s best to prepare an outline for your essay.
- To properly create your essay outline, you must first identify key points that are significant to the topic. Brainstorm or research central ideas that you would want to present to your readers.
- You may even include subpoints containing supporting details of each idea.
- Next, develop a sensible structure to present these points. It should be in an order that can easily be understood.
- Finally, review your outline. Make sure your outline makes perfect sense to prevent any problems during the writing process.
Writing Your Thesis Statement
The thesis statement of your essay reflects the central message of your piece. It’s mean to be concise, consisting of one or two sentences. When formulating your thesis statement, remember to place it at the first or second paragraph of starting a essay. You need to be clear and specific with you statement for it to be understood. This will allow your readers to identify the overall point that you want to get across with your essay.
Your thesis statement should be captivating enough for your readers to be interested. It’s essential to avoid using general arguments and vague words. Otherwise, your readers will fail to recognize the message you’re trying to convey.
Tips for Writing an Essay
- Have a clear purpose. Determine whether your essay is meant to inform or persuade (You can also see persuasive essay) your readers. By doing so, focusing on the central point of your essay won’t be too difficult.
- Do your research. Expand your knowledge on the topic by referring to several books and journals. Through this, you’ll be able to specify points that need to be emphasized in your essay.
- Build your vocabulary. Keep your essay as concise as possible. This does not mean that you need to use “big words”, you just need to find proper terminologies that can briefly get your point across.
- Structure your essay properly. It’s important to take note of the standard parts of an essay. This will make it easier for you to present your thoughts and arguments.
- Finalize your essay. Review your work by reading it aloud. This will help you identify mistakes that may have been overlooked.