Writing has long been regarded as a form of outlet to express one’s inner self. Writing is constituted of various forms and types. In general, writing is a means of communicating with others and having your intentions known to another through a medium that is tangible but equally expressive. In whatever form or type, writing constitutes some of the oldest form of communication known to man.
Examples in the page provide basis and can assist in business writing or fiction writing endeavors in the future. The samples provided are all downloadable and can be accessed by clicking on the download link button below the sample of your choosing.
Essay Writing for Exams
What Is Formal Writing?
Formal writing, as the name implies, is used in writing for academic, scientific and business settings. Formal writing maintains structure in its entirety despite some samples having no labels. The usual standard format having an introduction, body, and conclusion.
What Is Creative Writing?
On the other side of the coin, essay writing exists outside the norms of professionalism and academics.
- Creative writing relies more on building the narrative and character of the story.
- It may feature a single point of view which is commonly from that of the writer as if peering or observing how a story unfolds from the writer’s point of view.
- It makes use of sample dialogues and anecdotes to further stress on points of the story.
- It is often written not just to give information but entice the reader through entertaining them or spreading awareness or merely expressing one’s thoughts and opinions.
Formal writing and narrative writing examples found in the page may form basis and inspiration to your next writing stint. Have a look at the examples on the page and see if there are samples to your liking.
What Is the Purpose of Writing?
For many of us who have seen writing merely as a gesture in response to being handed out a questionnaire example in word or paper, the simple act of writing alone has lost most of its meaning. Although the task itself has been easy in our modern times, back in prehistoric times, writing was, to describe it then, a genius of an idea.
Communication then evolved from cave drawings to stone tablets to the digital tablets we all currently have. Writing definitely has been the driving force of change and the keeper of history at the same time.
Writing has four distinct smart goals or aims:
- It is a venue to express oneself. Writing conveys our emotions and translates them into words that can be made or understood by others.
- Providing information is one of the basic but important purpose of writing. Writing complements oral communication and greatly aids in sending out messages where oral communication would not permit or would otherwise render oral communication impractical.
- Being blessed with free will, writing is made to cater and reinforce our powers of persuasion. Men have always been blessed with powers of persuasion and what better use, as history shows, than persuade others of ideologies or causes. Modern day advertising must have taken a cue from cavemen painting on walls.
- Classic works that astound even the best and most knowledgeable scholars have been done in the form of literature through writing. Literary essay works inspire and bring out artistic tendencies which result in works of art.
Importance of Writing
The importance of having writing as a medium of communication is greatly due to the following reasons:
- Self-expression is the foremost attribute of what it is to be human
- In society, writing forms part of the basis in how one’s intellect and learning is gauged.
- Writing has made history possible. Without it, we would have no idea of our past or how to convey our civilization to the future.
- Writing preserves an idea. We all get confused and by business writing what we are confused about and gathering more information about it, we get to a conclusion and then a solution.
- Writing literally allows us to follow a thread of thought and hold on to those series of thoughts or ideas. It has helped establish disciplines and organizations.
- Writing ideas help assess those ideas and reflect on the truth behind those ideas. It helps unravel and unlock the truth behind every situation as is being done in our courts.
Descriptive writing examples and student writing examples in the page provide for more information regarding writing and the structure that it takes.