Writing has been taught to us since we were young. It was our main activity in school and we still carry it up until we enter the working world. Although most of are used in writing, some of us still do not know the importance of writing and the essence of it.
As we grow older, we learn that writing is not like just writing papers, it is more than that. We used it to express our feelings and emotions and sometimes we use it for diplomacy or peacekeeping. Writing can be a powerful thing. In this article, you will learn the importance of writing as well as the techniques for better writing.
Formal Letter Example
Persuasive Letter Template
What Is a Writing Template?
A writing template is a basically a preset format that will guide you in writing. It serves as a model for you to copy or create on your own. The purpose of a writing template is to give the user the benefits of writing professionally. These writing templates will reduce errors and increases speed. By using a writing template, your writing style will be consistent and will possess clarity.
As you can see, we have provided you a wide variety of writing templates such as writing examples in doc, free writing examples in this article. You can use these templates to guide you in the different style of writing.
Building Your Own Writing Template
Downloading and using a writing skills template will save you time. However, you can create your own template if you want to follow your own structure and if you want to add some personal touch to it.
It is entirely up to you on how you create a template. But some of the writing templates follow a common format.
- Working title – This the title of your writing.
- The Introduction – This where you start writing and this where you introduce your working title.
- The Body – This section contains all the main topics that you want to discuss in your writing. Some of the formats broke the body into different parts.
- The Conclusion – This is the part where you end your writing.
You can also check out our writing examples in Doc format to give you more ideas about a writing template.
Grant Proposal Example
Tips for Better Writing
Although there are writing templates available on the internet, they are just there to guide you. What you write and how you will write it still matters the most. Follow these tips for a better writing.
- Organize your thought before you start writing. Organizing your thoughts beforehand can really help you in writing, especially when you don’t know where to start. While a spontaneous writing help, organizing your thoughts can really have a huge impact.
- Set a writing schedule. You can not write a whole story or essay writing in just one single sitting. Though it may possible for the people who are really dedicated to writing. Setting a writing schedule and sticking to it is one the best way to achieve a perfect writing. Find a time of day where you think you can write more. However, write down notes since inspirations can strike any time of the day.
- Read more. One of the best ways to write better is to read more often. When you read, you will get ideas and inspiration that can have a great impact on your writing—plus reading will give knowledge on how to write better since most published books are considered to be examples of good business writing.
- Good grammar, correct punctuation, and accurate spelling is a must. Well, we all make mistakes, especially in writing. It is important that we have correct grammars, punctuation, and spelling in our writing because everyone will read it and everyone is there to judge. That is why the best way to find our mistakes is through proofreading. Proofreading really makes a difference.
- Ask editors or critics to review your work. Do not be afraid to have others check your work. Let them correct, make some editing, and give you advice. This way you can improve how you write.
Death Obituary Example
Board Meeting Minutes
Academic Resume Template
Funding Proposal Example
Project Proposal Template
How to Improve Your Creative Writing
A creative writing is a form of writing style where you go beyond the normal, professional, journalistic, and technical form of writing. A creative writing typically identified by an importance on narrative writing craft, character development, and the use of metaphors.
Here’s how to improve your creative writing.
- Think about your reader. The reader is the most important considerations. You need to know whom you are writing for , use of writing and what do they want.
- Make use of the three-act structure. In modern day, the three-act structure is a writing device that is used widely in writing. The structure refers to a plot line that goes something like this:
- The set-up – Where the characters are developed and how they relate to each other. This is also where the rising action occurs.
- The confrontation – The climax of the story takes place.
- The resolution – This is the part where the problem is overcome.
- Provide an attention-grabbing introduction. It is important that the fist part of your story should catch your reader’s attention. This way they will continue reading your story.
- Research and widen your knowledge on the use of metaphors. The use metaphor will give your story a unique taste to the readers.
Business Email Example
Project Report Template
Descriptive Essay Example
The Dos and Don’ts of Writing
There is no perfect writing when it comes to essay writing, report writing, or even short story writing. But, there are dos and don’ts in writing that will help you in the basics.
- Write every day to improve your writing and increase your writing speed.
- Perform some writing exercise.
- Always carry with you a journal or a notebook so that you can easily and quickly jot something down when an idea kicks in.
- Read as much as you can. You know what they say, “A well-rounded reader is a well-rounded writer.”
- Write a story or a narrative that is original.
- Make your narrative or story easy to read.
- Lean toward a balance of formal writing and informal language so that you will be easy to understand.
- Use transition statements in your writing. (Example: In relation to this…, Despite the previous arguments…, To put it briefly…)
- Use unfamiliar jargon, slang, terminologies, and sexist language.
- Include irrelevant and unnecessary information.
- Rely on software to check for spelling errors and grammar errors.
- Copy or plagiarize the works of others.
- Follow incorrect formatting.
- Forget to proofread and review your story or narrative.
- Connect to the internet or engage yourself in a social media sites while writing.