15 + Business Reports Examples and Templates
Excellent business planning can be achieved if an organization has a business report at hand. Developing a credible and comprehensive business report can help companies and other businesses have an idea about their areas of strengths and weaknesses. This can result to the improvement of management, workflow, operations, sales, and even corporate relationships.
Do you want to have an effective business report that your company can utilize? Download any of the examples and templates below for references.
Elements of an Outstanding Business Report
May it be an annual business report or any other kinds of business reports that you are making, ensuring the completion of your discussion and presentation is very important as it can impact the effectiveness and efficiency of your output. Listed below are some of the elements that make up an outstanding business report.
1. The presentation of the dates and times where particular information have been recorded and acquired
2. The specification of the sources and/or business departments where the details in the business report came from
3. The completion of all the data that are needed to be evaluated for the business report to be deemed valid, credible, and error-free
4. The discussion of the systems, processes, procedures, and other activities used to come up with the business report content. You may also see free report examples
5. The organization of the business report discussion depending on the range of the topics and subjects scoped by the document
6. The identification of the business report’s purpose
20+ Business Report Templates and Examples
Business Report Template
Annual Business Report Template
Business Development Report Template
Business Handover Report
Annual Business Sales Expense Report Template
Monthly Business Management Report
Weekly Business Report Template
Business Call Report Template
Business Management Report Template
Monthly Business Operations Report
Business Expense Report Template
Business Report Cover Page Template
Monthly Business Expense Report Template
Transport Authority Monthly Business Report Example
Formal Business Report Example
Small Business BC Annual Report Example
Tips in Creating a Business Report
With the number of simple business report examples used by organizations from different industries, you have to be aware that there are ways on how you can create a business report that is suitable with the needs and demands of your business within a given time period. Here are some of the tips that you can find useful once you begin the creation of the business report that your company needs:
1. Base your business report on the actual requirements of the organization within a given instance or circumstance. Each business reports have different demands, which is why you have to be focused not only with your document’s format but also the development of your content.
2. Evaluate the business reports previously used by the company. In this manner, you can observe the items that are needed to be changed as well as the essential information that must be added to make the document become more comprehensive, functional, relevant, and usable. You may also see consulting report examples
3. Review any of the accessible business reports of your competition. This will allow you to see trends on changes or shifts in market shares, profitability, and operational processes sustainability. This can also help you set the direction for your business accordingly as you have considered external factors and the outside environment where your organization is at.
How to Create a Business Report
Formal business report examples can be used in different manners. However, the processes of developing these business reports are most likely the same. Differences in content and information placement can be observed if a particular business report is focused on a specific business area or if it is a special report needed for a particular situation. Here is a simple procedure that you can follow if you want to create a basic business report:
- Know the reason on why you are tasked to create a business report.
- From the purpose of the business report, identify the items or information that you need to gather and put together to come up with a relevant presentation.
- List down all the departments that you will be working with so you can have all the data that you need for the business report.
- Have an outline of your discussion and ensure that all the details in the business report are from reliable resources.
- Download templates and/or examples of business reports that you can use as guides when formatting the content of your own business report.
- Select a template that will be the basis of your business report layout and place all the important information that your target audience needs or is expecting to see from the document.
- Review the draft that you have created and ensure that you will finalize the business report by ensuring that it is well-formatted, presentable, comprehensive, and free from any grammatical or layout errors.
Types of Business Reports
Developing a business report can be due to internal processes and/or external requirements. With this, it is expected that there are different business reports that can be made within different time periods or operational time frames. A few business report examples include the following:
1. Sales Reports: For a business to be sustainable, it needs to be profitable. The sales condition of the business can be viewed accordingly if a detailed sales report can be done.
2. Analytical Reports: One of the most common business reports is an analytical report. This particular type of report discusses the positive and negative aspects of business decisions as well as how these items can impact the business and its operations.
3. Marketing Reports: The visibility, relevance, and image presentation of the company within the marketplace can affect its growth and relationship with its target market. Having marketing reports can ensure businesses that they are in the right direction when it comes to acquiring new market territories and segments while maintaining its current market hold.
4. Research Reports: There are research reports that are done especially when the company needs to come up with a decision for new corporate ventures. Research reports can also be used for product development, branding improvement, and market competition awareness.
5. Information Reports: An information report is a basic business report that mainly presents facts about the business. These reports can be about the management strategies for different business areas, the organizational and communication structure of the business, or the current standing of the business in the marketplace based on statistics or the combination and assessment of different reports.
Business Report Sizes
As a formal and corporate document, you have to make sure that your business report fits the standards of the company when it comes to the quality of the materials or documents that it uses for presentations, meetings, and other business or professional endeavors. Aside from the business report format, one of the things that you need to give focus on is the paper size that you will use for the business report. A standard business report is commonly printed in any of these paper sizes:
- 210 × 297 millimeters or 8.27 × 11.69 inches (A4)
- 216 × 279 millimeters or 8.5 × 11 inches (US letter)
- 216 × 356 millimeters or 8.5 × 14 inches (US legal)
Business Report FAQs
Have you ever created a business report? Asking questions especially if it is your first time to create this document is normal. Learning from people and sources who are aware of creating a business report can also help you lessen the possible mistakes that you might do once you are already immersed in the development of your own business report. Some of the frequently asked questions related to the creation, usage, and presentation of business reports include the following:
How can you ensure that your business report is effective?
For a business report to be effective, you have to make sure that it is understandable, timely, relevant, updated, and error-free. Always keep in mind that a business report can be used as a business planning guide as it tracks particular information that occurred within an operational time frame. Aside from the qualities specified, it is also important for you to measure the quality of your resources and the way in which specific information are presented without any biases.You may also see management report examples
How long is the time duration covered by a single business report?
Different business reports also have a variety of time scopes. There are companies that are used to making daily business report while there are also some that focus on the results of their monthly, quarterly, and annual business reports. The time duration that your business report covers depend on the instruction of the management and the actual content or subject matter that will be discussed in the business report.
If you want to develop any kind of business report, ensure that you properly brainstormed the items and support that you will be needing. Using references is also great as this will give you convenience and ease when developing a well-formatted business report. Refer to the templates and examples in this post and try to create the business report that you need.