The first-level managements are those people who are carrying out every work plan of the of the organization. The first level managers also called by the name of first-line managers, shop-level managers, or the supervisors. They are responsible for managing the workers—those employees who actually produce or manufacture the product or provide the service that the company offers.
39+ Management Templates in Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers - START DOWNLOADING
They are the ones that most employees or workers interact with on a daily agenda basis. One of their roles is to assist the employees and help them solve the issues and problems faced by the workers.
What Are the Different Levels of Management?
The management of an organization consists of three levels: top-levels management, mid-level management, and low-level management.
- The top level management is the leader of the organization. they are the one who set smart goals for the organization and make crucial decisions. Examples of top-level management are Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operational Officer (COO), President, and Vice-President.
- The mid-level management are the people carrying out the goals set by the top-level management and attaining them. Examples of the mid-level management are General Manager, Plant Manager, Regional Manager, and Divisional Manager.
- The low-level management is the first level management. They are doing all the work to achieve the goals. Examples of low-level management are the Office Manager, Shift Supervisor, Department Manager, Foreperson, Crew Leader, Store Manager.
Essential Skills of First-Level Managers
- Technical skills. The first level managers must have the ability and skills inventory to utilize different techniques to accomplish what they want to achieve.
- Conceptual skills. The first level managers must have an abstract thinking in order for them to analyze and diagnose different situation of the organization.
- Human or interpersonal managerial skills. And lastly, the first level managers must work well with his co-workers and customers.
What Is the Main Function of First Level of Management?
The following are the main functions of the first level of management.
- To issue the orders coming from the top-level and mid-level management to the workers.
- To supervise, handle, control, and manage the performance improvement plan of the workers.
- To plan the activities and task to achieve the goals set by the top-level management.
- To guide the workers and keep them informed of the work producers and policy proposals.
- To assist and solve the problems of the workers.
- To ensure that the materials, tools, and equipment are maintained regularly.
- To inform the mid-level about the work environment.
The Importance of the First Level of Management
Although they are not found at the top of the hierarchical structure of an organization, their roles and responsibility are as important as any other level of the quality management. As a matter of fact, they are the first go-to person of the workers when they have problems and concerns. That alone makes them important.
Without the first level management, those who are in the top and midlevel of the management can not effectively communicate to their employees or workers. The first level management serves as a bridge between the workers and the higher level of management.