It is the time of your life where you have to leave your job for a good cause. And the hardest part of this whole process is to bid farewell to your coworkers. Which very hard for you especially if you go through a lot of things together and have some enjoyable moments.
It is not really easy to say goodbye to your coworker face to face, that is why the best way to do it is through writing a goodbye email for them. It becomes easier when you put your whole emotions through writing. Check out our examples here and find a email cover letter that suitable in your situation.
Goodbye Email to Manager
Goodbye Email for Leaving Job
How to Write a Goodbye Email to Your Coworkers
It may be hard for your to say goodbye to your coworkers, but it is what is. You have to face a new chapter in your life and in your career. To make it everything seamless and easy for you, follow these simple, awesome and fun tips.
- Create an ominous yet playful line of the first statement. It should show an ominous nature without being alarming. Your boss probably told anyone that you are leaving.
- State how sad you are in leaving your coworkers. You can start by mentioning that this was very hard for you. Make sure that anyone can relate. Sent a thank-you email afterward.
- Make fun of someone. To make your departure happy and unforgettable. It is okay to make fun of someone that everyone likes to make fun of. But do not be offensive.
- Mention how long you have worked there. So that your coworker will value the time you put in.
- Tell your coworker how fun and enjoyable the journey it has been. Mention some projects that you contributed in so that they will feel your importance in the company and say how excited you are in your next chapter.
- Leave your contact info. So you coworkers can still reach you.
Goodbye Email Format
Professional Goodbye to Coworkers
Email to Leaving Co-worker Example
Emotional Goodbye Email to Colleagues
Important Things When Writing a Goodbye Email
Here are the important things to consider in writing a professional email to your coworkers.
- Before writing a goodbye email, think of the following.
- When to send the goodbye email. The best would probably your last day in the company. The day that you do not have to come back for some papers to sign.
- Making it personal. Do you have a list of people that helped you or touch you in some ways? Write them out to give it a personal touch.
- Provide some contact details. Leave your phone number or putting your email address in the content will allow people to respond to yourself in email and reach you through your phone number.
- Use the social media sites. If you happen to forget writing a goodbye email, then your choice is by using the social media sites.
- Follow the tips and steps stated above so you will know to yourself on how to create a very simple yet effective goodbye email to your coworkers.
- Or you can use our goodbye emails examples in this article so you can create your own formal email and use it as your reference. All of these examples are available for download.