The success of a project, no matter what it is about, greatly depends on the proper planning activities and appropriate task execution of the project team. Moreover, projects also rely on the strategies, materials and methods that are used to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of their responsibilities within the entirety of all the project phases. If you are immersed in a particular project, a project brief is one of the things that you need to prepare. You may also see project agenda examples & samples.
The project brief that you will come up with depends on the kind of project that you are dealing with and the scope of the project processes that are essential to be thoroughly defined and explained. When making a project brief, keep in mind that it is just like developing a more elaborate project outline or project summary. If you need help in creating a project brief, make sure to browse through and download any of the examples that we have put together in this post.
A project brief provides information about the whole project in a simplified manner. It explains the expected project output, the overview of the project and the particular demands and needs that are essential to be provided to ensure the project’s success. For you to create a comprehensive project brief, you have to ensure that these items are included in the document that you will make:
1. Present an overview of the project. This part of the project brief contains the objective of the project team as well as the expectations of particular project stakeholders. You may also see project management examples and samples.
2. Discuss the purpose of the project. Will the project be used to give solutions to existing or current problems? Will it improve the condition of specific entities? Will it help further develop the operations of a business? Knowing the reason why the project is important to be finished should be specifically discussed in the project brief. You may also like must-have project management software.
3. List down the elements and factors that should be considered when implementing all the project steps. Critical project areas must be looked into to make sure that there will be higher chances of project successes even with the presence of threats and risks.
4. Provide details about the stakeholders of the project. Just like in project reports, it will be best if the entities with key roles and responsibilities can be identified and defined. This will help all the project players to understand that their deliverable and obligations are necessary to be provided or given in a timely manner so they can contribute to the project and its development.
5. Briefly talk about the timeline that will be followed by the project team. This must be given focus with as time frames and deadlines serve as a reminder for stakeholders about the allocated time in which they are expected to function or perform. You may also check out project flow chart examples & samples.
6. Talk about how the project will be broken down or segmented into minute phases and areas. Having this information in the project brief can make it easier for stakeholders to organize their activities that can affect the project success.
If it is your first time to develop a project brief, then guidance from people who are aware of project brief creation is essential to be present. However, you can also refer to project brief examples and other guides to make things easier and more organized on your side. Listed below are a few ways on how you can promote effectiveness and efficiency within the creation of your own project brief:
1. Properly define the metrics that will serve as your guidelines when measuring the success of the project. These metrics must be presented in the project brief with clarity. If you are well-guided with measures and attainable expectations, then it will be more efficient for your team to implement total quality management. You may also see how to write a proposal for a project.
2. Be direct to the point when explaining the project and the items that prompted for its execution. Doing this can develop and promote a platform where understanding can be observed between the organization, the project head, the entire project team and all the other stakeholders of the project about the vision that they should each have while involved in the project. You may also like project plan examples.
3. Have a well-arranged list of the project requirements. This list in your project brief must include the financial aspect of the project as well as the workforce demands in every project phases. More so, you can include the project’s aims and the factors that can affect the project’s development. You can be general when discussing these requirements as you can discuss these items further in a project requirement checklist or within a project plan clause.
Just like a project worksheet and a project proposal outline, it is of utmost importance for you to create a project brief whenever you would like to present a particular project to clients. Project briefs can also be a part of your project plan or a project proposal. Having this document can be very beneficial in your undertakings whenever an opportunity to collaborate with other entities for a specific project is presented. A few of the reasons why a project brief is important include the following:
1. A project brief can solidify the goals of the project. If you will come up with a complete and precise project brief, then all entities involved in the project will know the output that should be created and the factors that are essential to be considered to ensure that the plans of the project will be realized. You may also see project report examples & samples.
2. A project brief helps both the project team and the clients maintain realistic expectations. Through a project brief, clients can be aware of the minimum deliverable of the project team. On the other hand, the project team can readily think of the call to actions that are expected for them to deliver.
3. A project brief can initially discuss the particulars of the project. These items include the type or kind of project that the stakeholders will be dealing with, the budget allotted for the project, the functionalities of the project, and other information that can clear several project inquiries and questions. You may also like top project management trends.
Measure the scope and range of the project accurately. You need to have an idea of the specifications of the project as well as all the items involved in every project steps. Aside from this, a few more tips and suggestions that can help you make a project brief the best way possible are as follows:
1. Develop a project brief that is filled with realistic and attainable call to actions. As an example, have a project starting date where all stakeholders can truly participate on your specified time. You also need to be particular with the dates of each project phases and ensure that they are laid out in an efficient manner. You may also see project worksheet examples in pdf.
2. Create a work plan that can be reflected properly in your project brief. Know the people who will manage the project as well as those who will be tasked to monitor the continuous quality of the procedures done within project.
3. Develop a well-defined project methodology. Your project brief must give an idea of the processes that can monitor the project improvement and development from time to time.
You need to carry out the project in the best way possible to ensure that you will not waste any of your resources including the efforts and time of your workforce. We highly suggest the creation of a draft first so you can have a guide when making the actual project brief. Do not forget to review the final project brief before submitting it to clients and other entities. With the help of the items and examples in this post, try creating an outstanding project brief now. You may also like project analysis examples.