200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
There are times when we cannot personality attend to or process some important documents due to time or location constraints. We need someone to act on our behalf. In order to grant the same powers, responsibilities, and duties to a certain person, we need to have a formal delegation of such powers in the form of an authorization letter.
The proxies or substitutes holding the authorization letter will gain powers to act on behalf of the other person, but there are some limitations to the powers of the proxy by the different sectors or organizations; hence, you must read the bylaws and other important documents that contain stipulations with regard to proxies. You may also see employment verification letter examples.
If you find in hard to start creating your authorization letter, you can refer to the examples and templates below.
An authorization letter is a written authorization giving someone else specific access or privileges to certain resources such as spending a specified sum or to delegate his or her duties and powers which covers a wide range of intentions and responsibilities. Normally, the letter would grant the person the responsibility of a medical, legal, business, and personal aspect for the person to act on behalf of the other person. You may also see authorization letter for a child to travel examples.
It also grants permission to the addressee to carry out certain procedures, take responsibilities, make decisions, and collect any legal document on behalf of someone.
In writing an authorization letter for an organization to act on your behalf, you must address the letter to the organization you are authorizing, for example, hospital, bank, government, or any business entity. Ensure that you specify the dates for which the authorization is valid. It is better to have your authorization letter notarized especially when your letter will serve as a legal document.
The main purpose of an authorization letter is to grant rights and powers to a certain trusted person, and it is used for the following purposes:
As stated above, there are a lot of reasons to write an authorization letter, but whatever the reason may be, you need to follow some tips to effectively write an authorization letter which are as follows:
1. The addressee of the professional letter must be a person or entity or the office of which your authorization to be accepted. In most and a lot of cases, people would simply write “to whom it may concern” and not be so specific. However, in some cases, this may not work or is not recommended, for the purpose of an authorization letter is to inform and permit a third party on your behalf.
2. Your letter must have a subject line that must clearly indicate the purpose of the letter. This is an important part since most people would look for an easy way to understand the content of your whole letter. Through this, they can easily get the point of what you are trying to say in your letter. Write a good-quality subject for your letter for this will be of great help for faster processing of your letter. You may also see signature verification letter examples.
3. If you are making an authorization letter, you must have complete information illustrated on the letter on who is requesting for the letter of authorization. Include the name, address, and contact details. With these information, the recipient can easily get a grip of who you are and can immediately perform a cross-check if needed. You may also like letter of verification examples.
4. The details of the person who is carrying this letter must be included in the letter correctly and completely. Other important details are as follows: full name, address, and contact number.
5. For the content of the letter, it must be very concise and detailed. It must also be descriptive in terms of what is being authorized by the person to avoid confusion. The authorities should be clearly mentioned to avoid ambiguity when the person who is trusted as a proxy is in operation. His or her responsibilities and duties must be clearly mentioned with all limitations if applicable. You may also check out salary verification letter examples.
6. Do not forget to write the complete date and time as well as the validity of the authorization letter.
7. In closing your letter, maintain a formal tone and conclude your letter with your original signatures. Take note that if you are authorizing somebody for some bank or government transactions, your signature may be verified with respect to the samples in the records. You might be interested in employee verification letter examples.
Usually, the heading of an authorization letter can be found on the top left side of the paper. In this part, you must write your name and address following the standard business letter format. The simplified details are as follows:
This is the usual format of an authorization letter:
Lastly, your authorization letter must have a proper closing, and you must maintain the professional tone until the end of the letter. You can close the letter as follows:
An authorization letter is important for it delegates some responsibilities and duties to a certain trusted person or organization to perform the task in your behalf especially when you are away and you cannot attend to something or process an important document. You may also see how to write an official letter.
An authorization letter can also be used in business purposes, personal reasons, credit cards, bank deals, shareholder meetings, insurance, medical, and consent for children, These are the common examples in which authorization letters are commonly used. You may also like acknowledgement letter examples & samples.
The steps in writing an authorization letter are presented in the previous section. It discusses on how to prepare as well as to write an authorization letter that is simple and comprehensible.
Lastly, the elements of an authorization letter and how to write them are also presented in the above section.
If you are still not sure on how to create one, don’t hesitate to refer to the examples and templates of authorization letter presented above.