Whether it is to confirm current employment or verify a previous work status, an employment verification letter can be very helpful in a lot of undertakings. To begin with, an employment verification letter is a formal document which specifies the professional work relationship of an employer and employee.
A lot of agencies and organizations require an employment verification letter especially those that are aligned with tenancy, lending and membership application. If you are requested to create a verification letter pertaining to employment may it be by a previous or current employee, it is essential for you to ensure that the document can reflect your image as a company while providing the necessary details needed for the transaction. We have listed downloadable employment verification letter examples in PDF and DOC formats to serve as your references.
An employment verification letter can be used by both your previous and current employers. Just like a certificate of employment, an employment verification letter is created when the individual who is asking for the document is required by another party to present the letter for a specific purpose. Here are some benefits that an employment verification letter can provide to your company’s previous employees:
1. An employment verification letter can be submitted along side other requirements whenever your previous employee immerses in new job applications. Potential employers need to make sure that all the items, especially those that are related to employment, that are placed in the resume and cover letter of the applicant are real. With this, you can solidify the credibility of your previous employee by handing an employment verification letter.
2. An employment verification letter can be one of the essential documents that should be presented by your previous employees to get the government benefits that they are entitled with. The letter from your end is very important as it can verify the employment of the individual which can then be used to match his or her history of contributions and/or other benefits. You may also see application letter examples & samples.
3. An employment verification letter is very beneficial for credit and loan applications. It is not only current employees who can benefit from this as your previous employees can also have the document as a proof of how much they have earned for the past months or even years.
There are examples of hr forms and letters that your business should have a template of so you can easily use them whenever needed. One of these documents is the employment verification letter. Aside from your previous employees, it is of course a fact that current employees can take advantage of having an employment verification letter. Using this document allows current employees to prove that they are generating income which is a big factor for a variety of applications. If an employee who is currently working at the company asks for an employment verification letter, here are some ways on where the document can be used and be mostly beneficial:
1. An employment verification letter can be requested if a current employee is applying for a visa, a green card, or any other immigration documents. There are countries that are very strict with these matters which is why it is essential for you to help your current employee verify his or her employment. You may also see thank-you letter examples.
2. An employment verification letter can be used by a current employee to apply for home loans or auto loans. Along side an employee’s previous payslips and documents, an employment verification letter can make it easier for his or her application to be approved.
3. An employment verification letter is helpful for credit card applications. Banks need to identify the capacity of an individual to pay bills. More so, there are some banks who are so critical with the minimum salary of an individual before approving his or her credit card application. You may also like email cover letter examples.
4. An employment verification letter is very useful in rent agreements. Landlords who take care of tenancy transactions require documents like an employment verification letter to ensure that the person who would like to rent the place is capable of paying the monthly, quarterly or yearly dues.
The kinds of corporate letters and types of hr forms that you need for small businesses are very important to be looked into when starting up a business. The completion of all the documents that your company needs can help you become more prepared for different kinds of business and corporate transactions.
If you plan to create an employment verification letter template, you need to ensure that it will be complete with all the basic information that are usually found in the specified document. Listed below are the important details that you can include in a comprehensive employment verification letter.
Depending on the employment verification request that you have received, here are more information that you can add in the content of your employment verification letter:
Remember that not all the details listed above will always be present in every employment verification letter. As a business, you can always identify the items that are essential to be included in your own employment verification letter format and content template. You may also see offer letter examples.
An employment verification letter has a wide range and scope of usage. With this, you have to be keen with all the information that you will include in the document. Always review the employment verification letter before sending it to the entity who requested for it. A few helpful tips that you can use if you want to have a well-organized employment verification letter are as follows:
1. The content of the employment verification letter that you will make will depend on certain factors. One of these is the employment status of the individual who is asking for the letter. Review the employment record of the person who is asking for the employment verification letter so you can provide precise, accurate and updated details within the formal letter.
2. Make sure that the content of the employment verification letter will be based on the employment verification request that you have received. Only provide the minimum details asked by the other party and add other information when inquiries are further given. This will help you protect the confidentiality of other employment details that are not relevant with the purpose of the employment verification letter’s usage. You may also see reference letter examples.
3. Use examples and templates when doing your employment verification letter. Even if it is possible to write this particular kind of letter from scratch, it will be easier for you if you will have document guides and references. If you want the processes of developing an employment verification letter to be more efficient and faster, then using downloadable examples and format guides is for you. You may also like notice letter examples.
Read all the information that we have discussed in this post. More so, feel free to fully maximize the usage of the examples that we have listed and put together in this post. Start creating a complete, well laid out and professional employment verification letter.