Questionnaires are meant to gather data which would lead the researchers to the results of their research. Questionnaire examples are often used to gather statistical data from a large number of individuals usually in the same area.
100,000+ Designs, Documents Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Keynote. - START DOWNLOADING
However, in order for the data to be accounted for, it needs to be complete and accurate (not to mention coming from a reliable source), which seems to be one of the challenges of using a questionnaire.
New client questionnaire, as the name implies, is a questionnaire which is sent to a new client. A new client questionnaire, like other questionnaires, includes a set of questions which the customer answers based on his/her knowledge. It is an effective tool used by service providers, including freelance workers or freelancers.
Reasons for Using a Client Questionnaire
As a freelancer, you get a variety of customers, most of them you’ve probably never heard of. One of the reasons why you need to use a client questionnaire is for you to get to know your potential client before engaging in a transaction. Aside from that, here are some other reasons:
- Helps filter clients that might not be fit for you. A client customer will let you know if a client is ready to hire you, or if the work the client assigns is fit for your writing skills.
- Helps in identifying the purpose of the job. If you’re a freelance writer, you’ll know why you are writing.
- Helps in setting expectations. This will give you an idea how your client wants you to do your job, and their expectations regarding your work.
- Helps in avoiding future conflicts. A client questionnaire will be able to point out your role and the customers role. It also clarifies what you gain from each other.
- Helps in communicating with the client. A client questionnaire is what you send before interacting with your client through the phone or in person, so this prepares you for such interaction.
- Helps you appear professional and knowledgeable. Such questionnaire will help you establish a professional image to your client.
How to Develop a New Client Questionnaire
If you’re a freelancer, you probably know you’ll need a new client questionnaire for your new clients. But if you’re having a hard time in creating a new client questionnaire, here are some guide questions you might find useful in developing one.
- What are the importance of the questionnaire?
- Why do you need a new client questionnaire?
- What information will you include in your questionnaire?
- What type of questions would you like to ask your client?
- What are the appropriate questions to ask your client?
- How will you administer the questionnaire?
- What do you intend to do with the information you gather?
- Are your questions understandable enough?
- Is your questionnaire too long or too short?
- Will you be able to gather the information you want with your questionnaire?
- Is your questionnaire ready to be administered?
Remember, a new client questionnaire will be the one to guide your way into a new project, so you need to develop one property to minimize loss on your part.