Questionnaires are meant to gather data which would lead the researchers to the results of their research. Questionnaire examples are often used to gather statistical data from a large number of individuals usually in the same area.
However, in order for the data to be accounted for, it needs to be complete and accurate (not to mention coming from a reliable source), which seems to be one of the challenges of using a questionnaire.
New client questionnaire, as the name implies, is a questionnaire which is sent to a new client. A new client questionnaire, like other questionnaires, includes a set of questions which the customer answers based on his/her knowledge. It is an effective tool used by service providers, including freelance workers or freelancers.
Reasons for Using a Client Questionnaire
As a freelancer, you get a variety of customers, most of them you’ve probably never heard of. One of the reasons why you need to use a client questionnaire is for you to get to know your potential client before engaging in a transaction. Aside from that, here are some other reasons:
- Helps filter clients that might not be fit for you. A client customer will let you know if a client is ready to hire you, or if the work the client assigns is fit for your writing skills.
- Helps in identifying the purpose of the job. If you’re a freelance writer, you’ll know why you are writing.
- Helps in setting expectations. This will give you an idea how your client wants you to do your job, and their expectations regarding your work.
- Helps in avoiding future conflicts. A client questionnaire will be able to point out your role and the customers role. It also clarifies what you gain from each other.
- Helps in communicating with the client. A client questionnaire is what you send before interacting with your client through the phone or in person, so this prepares you for such interaction.
- Helps you appear professional and knowledgeable. Such questionnaire will help you establish a professional image to your client.
How to Develop a New Client Questionnaire
If you’re a freelancer, you probably know you’ll need a new client questionnaire for your new clients. But if you’re having a hard time in creating a new client questionnaire, here are some guide questions you might find useful in developing one.
- What are the importance of the questionnaire?
- Why do you need a new client questionnaire?
- What information will you include in your questionnaire?
- What type of questions would you like to ask your client?
- What are the appropriate questions to ask your client?
- How will you administer the questionnaire?
- What do you intend to do with the information you gather?
- Are your questions understandable enough?
- Is your questionnaire too long or too short?
- Will you be able to gather the information you want with your questionnaire?
- Is your questionnaire ready to be administered?
Remember, a new client questionnaire will be the one to guide your way into a new project, so you need to develop one property to minimize loss on your part.