Acquiring data from a large population about different topics can be made easy through the use of a questionnaire. By the use of technology it has also been easy to give out questionnaires. Questionnaires could be of different types, such a survey questionnaire, health questionnaires, or a market research questionnaire.
100,000+ Designs, Documents Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Keynote. - START DOWNLOADING
Developing a questionnaire might look tedious, but once a questionnaire is made it can be used for various purposes. Questionnaires are not only applied in schools or research projects, but is also used in organizations like hospitals. Questionnaires can also be used when organizations want to acquire feedback.
Regular Health Questionnaire
Occupational Health Questionnaire
Health History Questionnaire
Market Research Questionnaire
Sample Research Questionnaire
Staff Training Questionnaire
Training Analysis Questionnaire
What Is a Questionnaire?
A questionnaire is a set of questions written to acquire qualitative or quantitative data from specific respondents. The question made are given choices of answers, one being the best answer among the rest or only one answer considered as true.
Questionnaires are usually used in surveys, exams, and in market research studies. Questionnaires have been used as an instrument in a research study as this helps in gathering information that are factual and are useful in a specific research study. The main importance of a questionnaire is to acquire the most accurate result or information as possible.
Designing a Questionnaire
Questionnaires are designed according to how they are intended to be used and answered. They can be an interview-type questionnaires or a rating-scale-style questionnaire. Whatever the outline of your questionnaire, be sure to hit all the right points for an effective questionnaire.
- Meet the purpose or objective of the questionnaire.
- Make use of the most complete and accurate data or information as possible.
- Format questionnaires to be simple and easy for respondents to understand and achieve answers that are accurate as possible.
- Make questions short and precise.
Sports Health Questionnaire
General Information Questionnaire
Sample Sports Questionnaire
Business Impact Analysis Questionnaire
Business Plan Questionnaire
Business Requirements Questionnaire
Product Evaluation Questionnaire
Product Development Questionnaire
Guidelines for an Effective Questionnaire
If you have noticed, most questionnaire templates are short except when questionnaires are for educational purposes. The reason why most people avoid answering questionnaires is because it takes so much of their time.
With that in mind, here are some guidelines to create an effective questionnaire:
- Name the questionnaire. Having an attractive title would increase respondents’ interest in answering.
- Make it short. Questionnaires should be made as short as possible; include only questions that are essential.
- Keep it simple. The simpler the questions, the more you can assure that respondents had full understanding of the question, resulting in a more accurate answer. Avoid the use of difficult terms and concepts when creating questions.
- Keep it interesting. Dull questions will encourage respondents to answer without thinking. Respondents might even choose answers out of this feeling instead of based on knowledge.
- Keep choices short. Short questions should not mean that choices should be lengthy to make up for those short questions.
- Create close-ended questions. It is better to create questions that have specific answers rather than open-ended answers. It is easier to evaluate close-ended answers, and tends to be more accurate for its necessary conciseness.
- Keep it in order. Questions should be arranged in an organized manner to avoid confusing the respondents. As much as possible, the questions should relate with each other.
- Run a pre-test. To check the effectiveness of the questions, it is always better to run a check on the questions and Prepare a questionnaire. Pretesting the questionnaire and distributing it to the whole team for quality checking will help make the questions more relevant.
Employee Survey Questionnaire
Market Survey Questionnaire
Sample Survey Questionnaire
Security Assessment Questionnaire
Self Assessment Questionnaire
Health Assessment Questionnaire
Student Feedback Questionnaire
Customer Feedback Questionnaire
Sample Feedback Questionnaire
Risk Assessment Questionnaire
Purpose of a Questionnaire
Questionnaires are not only for the sake of asking questions and acquiring answers. Questionnaires exist to understand people’s beliefs, feelings, and perception.
Generally speaking, questionnaires aim to acquire information that is relevant and useful.
Questionnaires serve major roles in academe. One purpose of a questionnaire is for research studies on science or social studies. A questionnaire can also be used as statistical data needed for an analysis. Professors or instructors use questionnaires during examinations as basis in evaluating students.
Depending on how you use it, questionnaires can help improve an organization’s systems, customer relations, as well as its products.
Uses of a Questionnaire
Knowing for what purpose a questionnaire may be can help us understand the importance of why they are used. Questionnaires have distinct importance in different fields.
- In the field of education, questionnaires are important for evaluating the learning experience of the students.
- In scientific studies with cases that involve large groups, questionnaires are important to make data collection easier.
- In the business world, questionnaires prove to be the source of how an organization can improve their products according to public demands.
- Health questionnaires that hospitals use advances staff in serving and giving people what they need.
Employee Satisfaction Questionnaire
Job Questionnaire Example
Job Analysis Questionnaire
Job Information Questionnaire
Job Satisfaction Survey Questionnaire
Service User Questionnaire
Customer Service Questionnaire
Student Survey Questionnaire
Student Course Evaluation Questionnaire
Benefits of a Questionnaire
Questionnaires are useful when gathering data and information for the purpose of tracking learning experience, for improving an organization’s system, as well as in helping understand the people around us, among other things.
Is it the best way to achieve these things? Questionnaires are popular choices for the following reasons.
- People who respond to survey questionnaires can freely think and respond to the questions without getting pressured as in face-to-face interviews. Answers will be more accurate, and biases are reduced.
- Questionnaires can be distributed to the respondents simultaneously to save time.
- Questions are and therefore the answers are highly standardized and are far easier to evaluate.
- For statistical analysis, questionnaires makes it easier for scoring. Those scores can then be used to come up with the overall
- Since questionnaires can be e-mailed instantly, it is easier to collect data from a large group of people quickly.
- Questionnaire examples in PDF are scientific and objective, and can be analyzed quickly.
- Questionnaires can cover more than one issue, allowing you to gain more insight than was first intended or expected.