Coaching plays an important role in sustaining successful organizations. A lot of people or employees would get stuck in the middle of their careers that they need something or someone that could help them get out of the rut. One way of helping them get out of such state is with the help of coaching. Coaching helps people or employees gain focus and realize the factors that have contributed to the feeling of being stuck that will then result in them in moving forward after.
In this article, we have provided ten examples of coaching worksheets that can help in conducting a successful and fruitful coaching in the workplace.
Coaching is more on aiming to improve a performance in a specific skills area or skill set. The objective or goals set during coaching are often suggested by the one who leads and conducts the coaching. You may also see 14+ Goal Setting Worksheets – PDF.
Even if the one who is being coached has the primary ownership of the goal that is being aimed at during the coaching process, the coach is still the one who is in control of the coaching process and does the process in his own way or method. You may also see 11+ SWOT Analysis Worksheet Examples in PDF.
Here are the factors that make up a successful coaching process. Take note that this is only the process; if these factors are existent during coaching, it will result in a successful coaching activity. You may also see 10 Grammar Worksheets – Examples & Importance.
An effective coaching helps a person learn more ways in order for him or her to get unstuck from a rut and also improve his or her skills set. An effective coaching helps a person to grow and to continue on moving forward after having the feeling of being stuck. An effective coaching would help a person gain a peace of mind and a mindset that will enable him or her to push with his or her goals in life.And, last but not the least, an effective coaching would also increase the effectiveness and the way of thinking of every employee who seeks to be coached and this can drastically improve his or her work performance. You may also see Alphabet Worksheet Examples.
In order to conduct an effective coaching activity and also to improve the quality and impact of a coaching process, one must take note of the following keys to effective coaching:
1. There should be trust between the one who will be coached and the ones who will coach. It is said that it is easier for you to learn someone whom you can trust and it is easy to teach someone you know who has a big trust in your capability to teach. This will build the right kind of relationship between the two parties, giving the entire coaching process a smooth flow.
2. Assessments should be made during the coaching process. If the ones who are being coached at does not have a self-awareness yet, it is advised that the coaches would help hem gain self-awareness. If they will be aware of their own selves and of all the things they are or they are not capable of, the insights they will gain during the coaching process will be able to sink in them so well that it will indeed result to a successful coaching process. The assessment mostly focuses on the current performance of the employee or the person being coached and his or her desired performance.
3. Include challenging activities in the coaching process that would require critical and logical thinking. Such activities do not really require physical ones but challenging, open-ended questions from the coaches will do in order to create a challenging activity during the coaching process. This would exercise the employee’s ability to make big decisions and reasonable risk-taking during crucial situations that could happen, for instance, in the workplace.
4. Coaches should show genuine support and should encourage the ones they are coaching because chances are, those individuals are on the brink of giving up. They may or may not be willing to be coached but since they are already in your team, if you’re a coach, then see this as an opportunity to save someone from giving up on his goals and help him or her to stand up again and continue moving forward. Aside from support, you should also listen to all that they have and want to say– this is where you get insights from what’s brewing in their minds, and once you would already know this, you will be able to know what aspects you should help them out.
5. Keep in mind that effective coaching is about achieving goals. The coach should help the employees to set goals for themselves or even reset the goals they already gave up on. The coach will also have to make sure that the goals that are being set or reset are meaningful ones that it will be too difficult to give up on. The coach should also identify and provide the employees the ideal and specific behaviors they should possess in order for their goals to be easily achieved.
We hope that the coaching worksheets we have provided in this article have helped you in conducting effective coaching processes.