The sales email is just like any other formal email. In fact, it does not have that much differences. The only problem is that it is sales email and people would not bother to read it because it talks about sales. Sales email has only around 1 percent response rate. Meaning if you send and email to the 100 potential customers, only one would actually respond to you.
318+ Sales Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | PSD | Google Docs | PowerPoint | InDesign | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Publisher | Apple Numbers | Illustrator | Apple Keynote | Google Slides | HTML5 - START DOWNLOADING
So what is the problem behind all of it? Is it because it is a sales email or because of the content? The answer is the latter. If sales emails do not have many responses it is because of the repetitive content or a boring and plain subject line. Luckily, this article provides you tips in writing a winning professional email.
Sales Follow-Up Sample
Insurance Sales Email
Sales Report Sample
How to Write a Sales Email
Just like any email, such as marketing email and meeting email, the sales emails also contains 5 major components. And this 5 major components should be present in your sales email.
- The subject line. You have to be very careful with this one. Create a subject line that will boost their interest.
- The opening line. Do not start with introduction email yourself. Instead start by saying something about them, the potential customer.
- The body copy. The body of your email should convey on how you can connect yourself or your business to the potential customer.
- The closing. Provide a closing that will give the potential customer a clear path to action.
- The signature. In the email signature part, write your contact details and not your email address (which is redundant).
When to Send Sales Emails
The website HubSpot conducted a study on which day and which time of day is ideal for sending sales email. Here’s what they found out.
- Tuesday is the best day of the week to send an email.
- Monday and Wednesday are tied for the second.
- Followed by Thursday and then Friday.
Also, the appropriate time of day is 11 AM EST.
Effective Sales Email
Business Sales Sample
Professional Sales Example
Tips on Writing an Effective Sales Email
It very unlikely for people to open an email if the subject line or the first statement they see would not catch their attention. Chances are, it will just be deleted. So, to help you in writing a sales email that people would actually open and respond to, here are the few tips that might just do the trick.
- Create a catchy, interesting, and simple subject line. No doubt that the subject line of your email is the first thing that the recipient would see before clicking and opening your email message. From there, create a compelling subject line that will make the recipient interested by just reading on the subject line.
- Make it short, sweet, and simple. The body of your email thank you should be short enough that it states all the information you want to provide. That way, it will not take a long time in reading it.
- Omit jargon, complex language, and terminologies that only you can understand. This is very important because the person whom you are sending to may not what you are talking about.
- Rewrite it. The key to an effective sales email is by rewriting it. It will eliminate unnecessary information and promote brevity.