We all know that operating a school is a very lucrative business. It is a sure way of generating an income, either passive or active income. But, there is a but, starting and operating a school is very expensive. It is not an easy task. The challenge is even bigger than managing a family. But it just happen that you want to have a school as your business, what would you do? The answer is, and there is only one option, to have a tutoring business. It may not big as a full scale school, but it answers you need to satisfy your love for education, as well as business. You may also see free business plans.
So what is a tutoring business? Before we answer the question, bear in mind that you also need to have a business plan in starting your tutoring business.To understand what tutoring is, let us make a scenario that happens to students in a school. the scenario is this, not all students in school are alike.You may also see marketing plans.
Some are fast learner, some needed more time for studies. And usually the case is, schools are very general in their programs. When academic programs are too general, chances are, some students will be overlooked. And that is the beginning of the problem for both students and teachers.That is where tutorial services come in.
Tutoring business offers students who need some catching up with their studies. But tutorial is not just for students who need some catching up with classroom lessons, it is also for students who want to make it on the top of their class. So in general, tutorial is any alternative, and extra lessons done outside the classroom. Let us go deeper to understand the given scenario.You may also see marketing plans.
The old understanding of tutorial services is that of students needing some catching up with classroom lessons. It is normal in a classroom setting that some students are slow, some are fast. Sometimes, the blame lies not in the students performance, but in the school’s program. Because schools are too general, they miss and forget that there is such a thing as multiple intelligence. Such that one student is good in one aspect, but not in another. A student can be intelligent in sports, but not in inter relationship. A student may be good in math, but not in languages. There are at least seven to nine intelligence claim by the education experts. But some schools have hard time adapting such concept. If they do, it takes time to remodel their academic program.You may also see importance of business plans.
But why are we talking about this? As we said, the students are not to be blamed wholly in their performance. Part of it is the school’s program. So the result is that some students will fail, or will not make it to the top. And these are the students who may want to avail tutorial lessons. Again, this does not mean tutorial services are for slow learners.You may also see business plan guidelines examples.
It is in this way that as business man you can grab the chance to make this “faulty system of education” into business. We say faulty, because these students did not have to fail and enroll in tutorial services. If given correct training, proper schooling, such as the Montessori methods of learning, and many others. But that is the reality, especially in urban areas. And especially that some schools have become too business oriented that students’ education is not the main focus anymore. Your tutorial business is the remedy to this Achilles hill. That is if you have a good business plan. More into business plan after we tackle on the new notion of tutoring.You may also see event project plans.
The new notion of tutorial is that an extra curricular learning, or any activities outside the school which can enhance the intellectual capacity of the students should not be dismissed (as an idea). More often than not, parents are afraid to send their students to a tutorial services for fear that their children might be branded as slow learners. That stigma is very devastating to our main core of education which is to learn regardless of what we intend in life.You may also like business operational plan examples.
That is a sad fact. But slowly and slowly, people are now opening their minds, and have adapted the idea that studies outside the classroom setting is very helpful. and not just helpful but healthy. What they do is enroll their students into summer programs. But this is not enough.You may also see annual plan examples.
So back to business plan. If you are aware of these two, you are now confident that there is such a market for tutorial business. There are students in need of catching up in their lessons, and there are also students who just want to enhance their academic skills, as well as, to make an advanced studies for their school. But first, you have to make a plan, a strategic business plan.You may also check out hotel business plan examples.
You would want to assess first what you have and what you do not have, your strengths and weaknesses. So you might ask the following questions: Are you really good at business? Do you have the heart to teach kids, pupils, students, slow or fast learners? Do you really love education?
When you are done assessing yourself, ask yourself what you think should be done? What are you going to do with your strengths? Your weakness?
Draw out your business plan. It is good that you know what you want to do. But it is much better if you can see on paper what you want to do. Some kind of To Do List. It is in your head, but the way you will be reminded is by reading something on the paper.You might be interested in market analysis business plan examples.
State your vision and mission. You need to state what you want to happen, not for yourself to be reminded of something, but for others to know what and where your business is heading. Passengers, that is, the clients, need to know where the ship is heading before they will ride on the boat.You may also like business plan outline with examples.
this is an overview of your tutorial business. Some sort of abstract. A one or two line sentence from a single book.
this is a description of your tutorial services. Here, you make a scope and limitation of what your company will do.
here you make mention as to why you are starting such kind of business, what does it try to answer? It is like a review of literature in a research paper. Well, because it is in fact a research of the industry in business tutorial and as such, you look for what is happening in the industry, who is your competition, your strategies to compete in the competition.You may also check out implementation plan examples.
your business is not legal or official if it has no structure. The system includes the documentation as to how the business will run. Also, you need a profile of the people of your employee as well as their respective roles.You may also see advertising and marketing business plan examples.
what products are you offering? Is it purely tutorial? Is it limited to language? If there is language studies, what language? Is it limited to kids or are you open for adults?
since it is business, you need to know how you can compete with other industries offering the same products. What are your strategies? How will you execute them?
how much do you need to run the business? Are you going to need some funding? How much money do you have to be spending for running the business? Or will you just have to spend from your own pocket.You may also like company plan examples.
And since this is a business, you need someone to “bookkeep” your documentations. Unless you can do it yourself, but this is a special job which require special skills from someone such as a bookkeeper, secretary, accountant.You may also check out advertising plan examples.
here is an optional section for you to show your permits, as well as your resume.
1. Research, Research, Research and more Research. In anything that you do whether for business or not, you need to make a research. So how do you research on a tutorial business? Maybe you need to assess if their is a need in your locality to start on such a business. Otherwise, if you only do it out of love even if it is not needed in your place, or in the area where you want to open your business, then it might not be successful. More about marketing plan in the next few steps.You may also check out how to make a business plan.
2. Determine your Purpose. We mentioned earlier that clients need to know where you are heading. The clients are like passengers. They need to know the kind of ship they are getting in, and the direction where the ship is heading to.
3. Company Profile. This step is easy as you just have to describe your company just as you would in your resume. Bear in mind that companies these days are more noticeable when they put their ad online, in social media. So you may want to consider that.You may also check out strategic plan examples.
4. Documentation. Part of making your company as legal as possible is to document everything that is involved in your services, the product ins and outs.
5. Strategic Marketing Plan. Business is a competition. Competition as in like joining in a singing competition. You can join in a singing competition, but if you can not make it to the top, you will not get good sales. Here, you go into details as to how you will run your business. You go microscopic.You may also like hotel business plan examples.
Such as how do you teach the English subjects? What methodologies are you going to follow? Or how do you pay your teachers handling the subjects? Or what is the term in which the students make their payment? How do you boost your sales? Are you going to do seasonal promos? What are the qualities are you looking for when hiring the teachers? Do you require teaching license for anyone applying the position?
6. Adaptability. Maybe you have good plans, beautiful visions. But your strategies may not work out because you just have the wrong audience. Or maybe, you have the right audience, but your program is not fitting for them. Such as you have “special” students but you do not have specialized programs for them. Or in financial concerns, you may be offering a good service but they are too steep a price for the local clients.You might be interested in business plan guidelines examples.
7. Love and Care. Your clients need to feel that you care for them. If not, they will not be attracted to your services. If you do no have these qualities, you will lose a good number of your clients. But if they feel love, such kind of love they may be looking for in the school they are enrolled in, or in their family, chances are, these students will stick in to you. They will stay for you.You might also be interested to know how to create a business plan.
And people looking at this relationship between you and the students will be inspired, and be encouraged to send their children too, to your tutorial services. But this is extra. Love and care can not be found in any business manuals. The business schools will not teach you about this. Probably because it should have been given that if you start on a business, you should have a love for it.You may also see brand marketing.
These things you read about doing a tutoring business is just a glimpse on how to do it properly. In the end, it is always you, as the driver, the operator of the business, who knows how it should be run, whether the orthodox or the unorthodox method. But these are the basics, it is up to you to follow. After all, there is no one perfect way of doing things.You may also check out market analysis business plan examples.