One of the most important and necessary documents today is your application. Whether it is a letter or a form. Your application is your gateway to acquiring something. Without this, the authorized personnel who will conduct an evaluation about you may have questions about your eligibility that may result in an unwanted situation.
You will be surprised how useful an application is. If you apply for a job, you need an application. If you want to rent an apartment or house, you need a rental application. That is because an application is a legal document and it’s not just an ordinary piece of paper.
Free Restaurant Application
Free Grant Application
Free Club Application
What Is an Application?
An application is a formal document that is used to request something from a higher authority. The application, be it a letter or a form, is intended to provide important detail about yourself and about something you requested for. Your application is the basis of your eligibility about something and your reliability when it comes to paying fees.
Most applications are used in a job, rental or internship application.
How to Organize a Letter of Application
A letter of application (usually called a cover letter), is a job application document that is attached together with the resume to provide a little more information about your background, skills, and experience. Organizing your letter of application is very crucial. Here’s how to do it effectively.
- Your letter of application should have a header just like a business application.
- The header should be your name, contact details, address, and email. Followed by the date.
- The header should also include the name of the employer.
- Use a greeting statement such as “Dear Mr./Ms.”
- Explain why you are interested in the job.
- State your school background.
- Include your skills and experiences.
- End it with closing remarks.
- And signed it with your name and signature.
Free Internship Application
High School Internship
Free Vendor Application
Free Job Application
Free Membership Application
Free College Application
How a Freelance Job Application Differs From a Full-Time Job Application
Although these two share the same goal which is to be accepted from the job, they also have differences. We may be used to apply for a job in a traditional way but when it comes to applying for a freelance job, it is a whole other story.
The common things we do for applying for a traditional job is that we prepare a letter of sample application or a cover letter. It is not surprising that in applying for a freelance job, it is also necessary to provide an application letter.
So, what are their differences?
- If you want to work as per your convenience, then a freelance application is for you. Since when you work for freelance, you have the ability to chose your own time.
- On the other hand, a full-time job application requires a legal amount of time. Most company requires their employee to render a full 8 hours in the workplace.
- When it comes to income, a freelance job only gets the amount of money that is appropriate for the hours they work. A freelance employee usually gets a lower income.
- For a full-time job, they get a much higher income. Their income is already set and fixed by the employer and it is appropriate for the 8 hours they worked for. The income of full-time employee can be shown at their job contract and has a chance that it will be increased depending on the performance. Whereas for freelance, it is not fixed and it all depends on the employer.
- A freelance employee may have multiple jobs at once. This is because they can only work for the company at a certain time and they have separate time working on other company.
- A full-time job can not do this. They only have to work for one company.
Free Credit Application
Free Loan Application
Free Scholarship Application
Tips on Explaining the Reasons for Leaving Your Previous Job
One of the questions that will be thrown at you from an employer is that, “Why you leave your previous job?” In this case, you should be very careful in answering that. Here are helpful tips (suggestions) to make it all seamless.
- You could say that you’re looking for a better opportunity.
- Or you want to acquire a professional growth and better career prospect.
- You could also say that you change your career direction.
- It is also acceptable to say that your company is restructuring.
- Or you always sent to a faraway foreign place that is why you file a resignation letter.
The Importance of Application Letter
An application letter is as important as resume writing. In fact, these two should always be together. Without either of it, chances are your application would go directly in the last pile.
- An application is a window to the other you. Aside from the resume where you list all your personal and school information and your experiences and skills, your application letter should expand those what you listed in the resume.
- An application letter allows you to focus and target your desired job. The context of the application letter should always be about why you need the job.
- An application letter should also inform the employer what it is about the job that attracts you.
Free Volunteer Application
Free Disability Application
Disability Claim Application
Free Sponsorship Application
Free Lease Application
Guidelines for Writing a Letter of Application for Employment
It is important to know that an application needs to be organized and well-structured. So that the employer will not be having a hard time reading your application letter and will create a good impression. If it is not well-written, the percentage of getting the job you want will drop at its lowest point. You don’t want that to happen. So, to help you with that, here are the guidelines for writing a letter of application for employment.
- Your letter of application should not exceed a single page. Experts recommend writing 500 words or less letter of application.
- Your letter of application should be single spaced, with a space between paragraph just like an essay writing. The reason for this is, this format can be easily read.
- Use the standard alignment for most document. 1″ margins each side and use Arial or Calibri with 12 as font size.
- And always use the proper business proposal letter format. Start with a heading, followed by a salutation, then the body of your letter, and your closing.
To give you additional on how you can maximize your letter of application, you can check out our business application examples here.