Every landlord’s ultimate concern when they meet a potential client who has an interest in renting their apartment is that, would they be paying the rent on time and in full? Landlords do some screening before they entrust their property to a complete stranger. This is where a rental application comes in necessary.
A rental application should be the first document handed by a potential client to the prospective landlord. The rental application examples should showcase your eligibility and qualification as a tenant and your reliability and honesty in paying the rent. That alone is enough to get you a lease in your desired place.
House Rental Application
Apartment Rental Sample
Rental Lease Application
Equipment Rental Example
What Is a Rental Application?
A rental application is a document used by landlords to determine a potential tenant whether or not they will be eligible and qualified to rent the proposed property. A sample application is given by a landlord to a tenant to ask as many legally relevant question to verify the information, references, and tenants’ background.
Landlords have the right to choose whichever tenant they will allow leasing their property as long as they don’t discriminate their potential tenants. Federal Fair Housing Act forbids landlord’s to discriminate tenant based on their…
- physical and mental disability
What Do You Need for a Rental Application?
Here are the common things needed for a rental application.
- Payslips or bank statement – Landlord’s number 1 concern is that they need to ensure that you can pay your rent. That is why either one these is the most important requirements for rental application. A loan application is optional.
- Valid ID – They also need to make sure that you are eligible to rent a place. Valid ID’s could be a driver’s license, passport, a government issued ID or company ID.
- Letters of Recommendation – Most landlords require basic info about your rental history.
Some landlords also require an SSS number, police clearance, and full rental history.
Rental Property Application
Basic Rental Application
Residential Rental Sample
Tips for Rental Application
To help you increase your chance of getting a new place to stay, here are some tips for your rental application.
- Make sure you have all the correct documentation. You need to comply all the important documents required. From ID’s, payslips, to the references. You need to complete those and you have to check every one of it.
- Use digital to your advantage. These days, applications even rental applications are processed through online. Submit your application through online too (if necessary). This way, it will save your time and give you less effort.
- Provide a cover letter. Just like any applications such as job applications or internship applications, they all need a cover letter. Include a cover letter too for your rental application to provide a little more information about you as a tenant.
- References are necessary. Your past tenancy would make a huge impact on your rental application. If you have a good performance or behavior in your past tenancy, chances are higher to get you a place.
- Be on time for the inspection and make a good impression. Good personal impressions from the landlord about you is a plus.
To give you more tips on creating a rental application or any application. you can browse our free application examples here.