An employee has many other responsibilities, aside from doing his/her job offer email well. It is important for an employee to be mindful of such responsibilities in order to have a harmonious relationship with his/her colleagues, supervisors, and/or office heads. Of course, each responsibility varies from one company to another.
Thus, it is important for each employee to be informed of the responsibilities he/she is entitled to do inside and outside of the office for email in pdf. One such responsibility is to file for a leave officially before having to take a day off work for any valid reason. You may also see Internship Email Examples & Samples
Marriage Leave Email Sample
Sick Leave Email Example
What Is a Leave Application Email?
A leave application email is an email sent by an employee to his/her employer, basically informing that he/she is taking a day or two off of his/her job. Depending on the company or organization, the employee may not be requested to send an job application email, and instead be required to fill out a form with regards to his/her leave application.
Either way, an employee is required to provide a valid reason for applying a leave of absence before handing it down to the HR or office head, a few days before his/her leave becomes effective. That is, unless the reason for filing a leave application is not sudden, or an emergency. You may also Like Marketing Email Examples & Samples.
What to Include in a Leave Application Email
The format for writing leave application emails may vary depending on the employer or the company policy. However, a typical leave application email includes the following:
- Statement example clearly stating that fact that you are requesting for a leave of absence.
- Amount of time (or days) your leave is effective (if approved).
- Date on which your leave takes effect, and the date on which you plan to return to work.
- Reason or reasons for your absence.
- A statement offering to train someone else to take over your job while you are gone.
- Other important details regarding your absence. You may also see Announcement Email Examples & Samples
Vacation Leave Application Email
Emergency Leave Email Example
Formal Leave Application
Guidelines in Writing a Leave Application Email
Sending a sample application email is one gesture of recognizing and realizing your responsibility as an employer of a certain company. Thus, one must practice such gesture, especially when planning to request for a leave of absence. The following are a few guidelines in writing (and sending a leave application email).
- Remember the purpose of writing the email.
- Provide a valid reason for your absence, and be honest with it. If it’s too personal or sensitive, at least provide a general idea.
- Be polite and sincere. You don’t want to offend your employer and risk being denied of your request.
- Maintain a formal and professional email tone. Even if your employer is a close friend, you need to observe formality and professionalism.
- Attach supporting documents. Such documents may serve to validate your reason.
- If your leave is planned, send your email a few days (or weeks) before your leave takes effect. This gives you and your employers enough time to make the necessary preparations to cover up for your leave.
- Make your email brief.
- Take time to review and edit your email before sending it. This is to make sure that your email does not contain any errors which might cause confusion to your reader. You may also see Invitation Email Examples.
1. Sample Leave Application Email Letter for Employee
2. Leave Application for Office Example
3. Leave Application for College Principal
4. Leave Application for Controlling Officer Example
5. Casual Leave Application for Project Example
6. Leave Request Application for Student Example
7. Sample Leave Application Email for One Day Example
8. Sample Leave Application for Marriage Example
9. Leave Application Email for Bachelor of Student
10. Leave Email Application for Restricted Holiday
11. Leave Application for College Student Example