Considering that a marketing plan is a lengthy document and people who usually read it are busy individuals, it is important to provide your potential reader a faster way to understand your composition. Consequently, the summary of your overall marketing plan is essential to be presented to your target audience so you can get their attention even if they have not fully seen the entirety of your document’s discussion. In this article, we are going to tackle the basic pieces of information about this writing. Read through to learn more.
A well-formulated executive summary for a marketing plan can help you provide a positive and strong impact that can make your marketing plan more appealing, impressive, and relevant. This is why executive summary writing is expected to be one of the skills that the individual/s who will be tasked to develop a marketing plan must-have. Here is a wide variety of market plan templates and samples you can cite:
In any case that you need references and guides when developing both the content and format of the executive summary of your marketing plan, do not forget to browse through and download the marketing plan executive summary examples in PDF available in this post.
Developing executive summary samples is not only for the purpose of summarizing a business plan. An executive summary can also be written to provide a brief presentation or an overview of what can be expected from a marketing plan. If you want to provide an accurate and specific perception or impression about the marketing plan that you have created for your business or organization, it is highly recommended for you to come up with an effective marketing plan executive summary.
Here are some of the things that you should take note of when drafting your own marketing plan executive summary:
1. Most, if not all, businesses create a marketing plan. Hence, there are also marketing plan executive summaries that are essential to be made so that appropriate synopsis can be provided to creditors, business partners, investors, and other stakeholders that the management would like to update about the marketing plan of the organization. You may also see marketing strategy plan examples.
Even if there are existing documents that you can refer to, it is imperative for you to come up with an executive summary which is the real and exact representation of the marketing strategies, tactics, and action plans that you want to realize.
2. You have to ensure that your marketing plan executive summary is well-developed, original, and brief.
Not all businesses have the same marketing plan of action, which is why you should be knowledgeable on how to develop a marketing plan executive summary that is suitable for your business operations and the marketing activities or programs that you will execute in the future with the help of your workforce and other concerned entities. You may also like strategic marketing plan examples.
3. There are no strict protocols or regulations in terms of writing the marketing plan executive summary of the business. No matter what industry your business belongs in, the content and formulation of your marketing plan executive summary will still depend on your own decisions and rules. You may also check out business marketing plan examples.
However, it is recommended for you to create the entire marketing plan first so you can just look into its sections or areas of discussion when making the executive summary for the document.
When drafting an executive summary for a marketing plan, you have to be careful with the details that you will present as these can affect the impression of your audience. You have to ensure that all the information that you will include in the marketing plan executive summary are updated and have undergone a series of evaluation or assessment. Aside from this, there are also other activities that can help you come up with an impressive marketing plan executive summary.
A few of the processes or things that you can do to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing plan executive summary, as well as the completion of its content, include the following:
1. Think of your marketing plan executive summary as an elevator pitch. This means that you should build the excitement and anticipation of what is in store for the people whom you will give access to the marketing plan content.
As much as possible, cover all the key points of the marketing plan especially those sections that deal with your current marketing activities, the marketing condition that serves as your milestone margin, your marketing plans for the business, and the factors or elements that must be considered for your general action plans to be fulfilled and realized.
2. Know the purpose of the marketing plan so you can come up with a necessary and relevant executive summary. Knowing your audience and the reason why it is essential for you to create the document can make it easier to put together all the information that can make the entire marketing plan and its executive summary compelling. You may also see restaurant marketing plan examples.
As an example, there are differences when it comes to the key points that can get the attention of your investors from that of your workforce. You need to be more thorough when it comes to explaining the financial benefits of the marketing plan when presenting the document to your investors. On the other hand, you can give more importance to the operational impacts of the marketing plan when dealing with your employees. You may also like digital marketing plan examples.
3. Set the tone of the conversation. Your marketing plan executive summary is a representation of what you can offer in terms of your marketing deliverable and aspirations. With this, you have to stick to a formal language within a brief discussion. Most marketing plan executive summaries are only a page or two long which is already enough to cover all the essential functions and areas of the actual marketing plan. You may also check out personal marketing plan examples.
Knowing how to create an executive summary for a marketing plan can give you an easier time to make your target audience hooked into your ideas and the actual plan of action. Even if there are only a few sentences that can be read from a marketing plan executive summary, it is still important for you to understand how this document can impact the evaluation and perception of your target audience.
With this, it is imperative for you to come up with an understandable and comprehensive marketing plan executive summary. Here are the key details that are expected to be seen in a basic marketing plan executive summary:
1. Present the financial profitability and sustainability that the business can get from the marketing plan. You have to develop a pitch that can make your marketing plan’s objectives to be aligned with the vision of the business. You have to make sure that all the activities and programs that you want to execute can help the business achieve its corporate intentions and aspirations. You may also see apartment marketing plan examples.
2. Discuss all the key elements that should be present or at hand for all your general plans to be realized. Your marketing plan executive summary must contain an overview of what it would like for your marketing vision to be incorporated into the operations and activities of the business.
3. Have a bottom line. Present the marketing activities that previously worked for the business and the changes, updates, or maintenance that you will implement for your future marketing efforts and undertakings.
The marketing plan executive summary that you will come up with must have a discussion of what you can do to better the business and its operations. In this manner, you can ensure your audience that the overall content of the document is fit for the current needs and requirements of the business and its stakeholders. You may also check out event marketing plan examples.
4. Focus your discussion on what your marketing plan would like to achieve. Have a purpose that will serve as the foundation of the document.
As an example, your marketing plan executive summary may contain details about the new products that you would like to launch, the development of the operations and management of the business’s marketing department, or the full listing of the marketing tactics and strategies that you think can be very helpful to the business’s sales and market reach. You might be interested in marketing plans for bakery business examples.
This is what we mean when we say that marketing plan executive summaries different from one another—it all depends on what your business or organization would like to prioritize in terms of its marketing undertakings.
5. Provide information about your pieces of evidence or the basis of the marketing plan’s development. Your executive summary must contain a short presentation of the results of your market and competitive analysis as well as other research studies that you have conducted or immersed in to get firsthand information. Being able to do this can make your marketing plan look more credible and professional.
6. Show the results that you expect to have after the marketing plan’s usage. A marketing plan executive summary can end with the projections of the financial status of the business, the growth of market shares within various market segments, the widening of market visibility and presence, and/or the improvement of the brand and image of the business. You may also see annual marketing plan examples.
Listing down all the possible return of investments can help your marketing plan executive summary become stronger.
Your marketing plan executive summary must be unique and based on the current marketing needs of the business. This part of your marketing plan should already be able to separate you from your competition especially when it comes to the marketing strategies that you will incorporate in your business operations. You may also see affiliate marketing plan examples.
Listed below are some of the most useful tips that can help you draft an impressive marketing plan executive summary:
1. A simple marketing plan executive summary is a formal discussion. Hence, you should select a language and presentation that is business-appropriate. For one, avoid using bullet points. Even if you are presenting different areas or sections of the marketing plan, you should still create full sentences that are aligned with one another.
2. Make sure that your marketing plan executive summary can be used as a framework of what your marketing plan is all about. You have to ensure that all the essential sections in the marketing plan are gathered together and summarized accordingly to paint an overview of the entire marketing plan picture. You may also like product marketing plan examples.
3. Discuss your current marketing condition. Your basic marketing plan executive summary should present your target audience, the environment of your market, the review of your offers, the analysis of your competitions and the channels, touchpoints, and platforms that you will use for content distribution and marketing message dissemination.
4. Do not solely rely on references, previous marketing plan executive summaries used by the business, or the templates and examples that you can download online. Maximize these items as guides and do not fully copy their content so you can create a marketing plan executive summary that is truly your business’s own. You may also check out email marketing plan examples.
Just like a business plan executive summary, your marketing plan executive summary must only contain relevant and necessary information. Limiting the content of your marketing plan executive summary can help the document become more direct to the point, precise, and concise. Develop your organization’s marketing plan executive summary now. Make the document as outstanding as possible with the help of the references and discussions that we have presented you with.