Creating a service level agreement is an important process that should always be present whenever there is a transaction happening between a service provider and a service user. With the help of a service level agreement or an SLA, it will be easier for the client and the service provider to come up with arrangement clauses or statements that they can both agree upon. Through a service level agreement, all the areas and aspects of the minimum services that will be provided to the client can be specified, clarified, and documented.
This post contains a list of service level agreement examples in PDF that you can use as references and guides if you plan to create a service level agreement for your business. It is essential for you to always remember that the content of a service level agreement must always be based on the nature of your operations, the promise that you can deliver, and the services that you provide to your clients. Use our downloadable examples as formatting and content development guides but make sure that you will still come up with an original content that is aligned with your business processes.
Service Level Agreement Example
HR Service Level Agreement Example
Service Level Agreement Outline Example
Service Level Agreement Template Example
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Guidance Notes Example
What Can Be Seen in a Service Level Agreement?
For a service level agreement to be effective, you have to discuss the aspects of the business services that the clients must be knowledgeable of. Hence, it does not only focus on the quality of the services that can be expected from your end but the availability of these services as well. More so, a standard service level agreement must contain your responsibilities to your service users.
Just like when creating a business plan where you refer to business plan guidelines, you also have to consider looking into guides and existing documents when creating a service level agreement. A well-made and comprehensive service level agreement is beneficial not only to the clients but also to your business as it can protect your rights, entitlements, and intentions as well. Here are some of the basic details that can be seen in a simple service level agreement:
- Specify the particular kind of service that you will provide to your clients. This discussion must be complete and concise to ensure that proper and realistic expectations can be set even just at the beginning of the transaction.
- Present the performance level of the services. As an example, the responsiveness of IT systems and networks must be measured accordingly so that your service users can assess its reliability. If it is specified in the service level agreement that the services are always available and has minimum to no disruptions, then your company must also come up with clauses of maintenance should your claims fail to be realized once the transaction has already pushed through.
- Ensure that there is a precise discussion about the monitoring, evaluating, and reporting of the performance level of your services. There should be an assessment of the value that your services can provide to the service users. Through proper review and with the help of related statistics, it will be easier for the service users to be aware on whether all the details within the agreement are realistic and has been given to them.
Aside from the items listed above, it is also important for a service level agreement to include the following:
- Be particular with the kind of issues that is within the scope of the business’s maintenance regulations. Moreover, provide the things that are needed to be included in the report so you can easily evaluate any instances or circumstances presented to you by your clients.
- In any case that there are problems, concerns, and issues with the services that you have provided to your clients, your service level agreement must present the process or the steps that they need to follow so that they can formally report their service issues to the business.
- It is essential for a service level agreement to contain the duration of time where the clients can expect the problem to be evaluated and looked into by the service provider. Measures on how certain problems can be resolved should also be included in the agreement so that the clients will know how to properly coordinate with the service provider.
- If it has been proven that the service provider failed to provide its promises and commitments, then consequences must be made. These consequences are important to be listed in the service level agreement and must be agreed upon by all entities involved in the transaction.
Standard and Pre-Paid Support Package Service Level Agreement Example
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template and Usage Instructions Example
Different Types of Service Level Agreements
As a service user, it should not only be an aspiration for you to receive the kind of services that have been specified in the agreement that you’ve had with a service provider. You are entitled to report issues and problems, should there be any, and it is a part of your rights and entitlements to seek for the attention of your supplier so that they can properly address your concerns. In comparison to an organizational chart, a service level agreement can also present the flow of necessary transactions as well as the organization of all the items that both the service provider and user must agree with. There are different types of service level agreements and a few of them are as follows:
- A service-based service level agreement is the kind of service level agreement that is for all the service users or clients of the service provider. This means that a particular service given to one client should apply to all of those who also availed the same offer. This is not one of the most effective service level agreements as there are factors and elements that can affect the level of services given to each and every client.
- A customer-based service level agreement is created if a service provider or a supplier wants to present and discuss all the services that they will provide to a single entity. To further understand how this particular type of service level agreement works, think of a document that is used by a service provider and one business department. With the presence of a customer-based service level agreement, all the systems and IT services that a client uses can be well-defined.
- Lastly, a multi-level service level agreement is used to address different groups of service users within the same service level agreement who also acquired the same services from the supplier or the service provider. This type of service level agreement has three different levels which includes the corporate level, customer level, and service level.
Service Level Agreement Guides Example
Simple Service Level Agreement Example
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Example
Understanding Service Level Agreement and Its Usages
As a business, you need to know how to give your clients what you have promised. On the other hand, clients must be aware of the proper ways of report writing so that they can formally give suppliers an idea of what went wrong with the services that they are getting. Some of the things that you have to be knowledgeable of in relation to the development and usage of a service level agreement include the following:
- A service level agreement should focus on the services that are within the agreement as well as the quality standards that the service provider must meet to ensure the proper management of customer expectations. It is imperative for a service level agreement to give importance to these two as the rights of the clients shall be protected so repeat business can be highly possible.
- A service level agreement is not all about the discussion of the services and the service levels that should be given by the service provider to its clients. This document scopes the description and definition of responsibilities and obligations of all parties involved, service level measures, and the limitations of the transaction. A service level agreement also present the remedies for misunderstandings, the metrics for potential agreement changes, and the specification of agreement breach penalties.
- A service level agreement must always be updated. With the external trends, shifts in the market place, changes in the ability of the supplier to provide quality services, and the continuous demands of customers for new service requirements, it is very important for the service level agreement’s content to be evaluated from time to time. This can ensure that there will be no abuse that will occur may it be on the side of the service provider or the service user. This can also allow the establishment of new agreement clauses should both parties decide to continue the transaction and alter just a particular part of the service level agreement.
Service Level Agreement for Managed Services Example
Basic Service Level Agreement Example
Service Level Agreement Example
Things to Remember When Making a Service Level Agreement
Are you already in the process of making a service level agreement? Do not immerse yourself right away in the development of this document if you believe that you still lack the knowledge on how it can affect your relationship with your clients. You first need to know the impacts and effects of service level agreement usage so you can be more careful, objective, and attentive when it comes to the things that you will discuss in the document. Here are of items that you always have to remember when creating a service level agreement:
- Creating a service level agreement can be a legally binding transaction or it can also serve as an informal contract between internal business divisions. This is the reason why you should always be aware of the purpose of the service level agreement and the range or scope of its implementation. Knowing where you will use the document and the kind of activities that you have to deal with can make the document more relevant and effective.
- Making a service level agreement, unlike a patient confidentiality agreement where third-party healthcare providers can be involved, should not involve third parties. It is important for customers or clients to agree with what the document states as per the relationship that will be built between them and the service provider. Involving a third party to provide the needs of the clients and promising that the service provider or supplier is the one who will give it to them can only negate the purpose of the document’s creation and usage.
- Developing a service level agreement must be planned carefully. It is essential for this document to have demarcation lines. As we have specified above, most service level agreements can be changed and altered with the knowledge of all parties involved so that necessary adjustments can be made based on particular factors and elements that can affect the entire transaction.
For you to come up with a detailed and informative agreement, you have to be particular with the way that you will gather, evaluate, and present the document’s content. Just like a HIPAA confidentiality agreement, a service level agreement must be precise and direct to the point. Ensure that the document only contains relevant information that is necessary to be agreed upon by all entities transacting with one another. Download our examples now and see how they can be helpful in ensuring that you will develop a well-formatted, presentable, and effective service level agreement.