Speech template has been part of our life since we were young. It is the first thing that we learn and taught to us. It is our main form of communication and without it, we could not achieve diplomacy. Without speech, there will be no world peace.
Yes, speech has been known to create peace in our time. Remember Martin Luther King? His speech “I Have A Dream” that inspires millions of people. That alone is leadership speech that convinces people to stand up and fight for what is right. A speech no matter, how short can have a huge impact on the one listening.
Farewell Speech Examples
Sample Farewell Speech
Graduation Speech Examples
Nursing School Graduation Speech
University Graduation Speech
What Is a Speech?
A start a speech, as defined by most website dictionary is a communication or expression of thoughts in spoken words. But most expert orators and speech writer define speech as a formal address given to a large number of people that the purpose of is to persuade, inform, convince, and seek to inspire the people.
However, speech these days, are used to inform people about something or someone. To give them knowledge and information about something that has not been known or is hidden from them. A informative speech is also used to express an emotion and to make a strong stand about one’s belief.
How to Outline a Speech
Speech outline can be a great tool for you to manage your speech and how you will deliver it. Especially if you have trouble in creating and delivering a speech. Here are the steps on creating a speech outline.
Basically, a speech outline has 4 essential steps:
- This is the part where you decide your topic and your main subjects.
- Determine your audience.
- Identify your purpose.
- Create a compelling and attention-getter introduction speech.
- State your main subjects and main points.
- An overview of your whole speech
- Use a transition statement to connect your body to the introduction.
- Discuss your main subject.
- Use supporting details.
- The summary of your speech
- Strong closing statement.
Informative Speech Outline
Formal Speech Outline
Short Informative Speech
Welcome Speech Example
Tips for Giving a Speech
To deliver a powerful and meaningful speech, take note of our hand-picked tips on giving a welcome speech. This is specially made for both newbie and veteran when it comes to giving a speech to the audience.
- Prepare ahead of time. This is important for you to reduce your anxiety and the nerve-wracking feeling.
- Determine your topic. Before giving a speech, you must know and master your topic and the material that comes with it. It is best if you pick a topic that you are interested in or you have a massive background about it.
- Know your audience. When it comes to giving speeches, the best thing to do is to have a little background check of who will be your potential audiences. That way you will know if you could use some self-introduction speech.
- Have a quick tour of the room or place where you will give your speech. So that, when the time comes you can maximize your placement on the stage and you will know where to go and face the audience.
- Think like a performer. With the above said that you have to maximize the stage, you also have to walk around, speak to the audience, and use hands gesture to signify your strong emotion about your speech.
- Practice makes (almost) perfect. The keynote speech to every successful speech is practice. Rehearse your speech over and over again to find any mistakes and awkward moments. It is also best to practice your speech in front of your friends or family to give you the feeling of what it is to be in the real situation.
- Be confident. You have to believe in yourself that you can give a successful speech so that the audience will also believe in that too.
Follow those tips and you are good to go. Also, if you want to know more about how you can give an amazing speech, you can browse our speech templates and examples here.
Elevator Speech Example
Types of Speech
Speeches are divided into three types: Informative, persuasive, and impromptu.
- Informative speech. This speech focuses on giving the audience complete (or partial) information about people, events, things, and life. Informative speeches are often used in curricular activities.
- Persuasive speeches. Persuasive speech talks about facts, opinions, the point of views about issues or controversies. The speech must tailor the message to the audience for it to become effective.
- Impromptu speech. This speech is done with little or without preparation. A high speech skill is required when giving this speech.
You can check out our examples speeches here to give you more ideas about the three types of speeches. You can use it in your graduation speech or in your thank-you speech.
Importance of a Good Speech
There are numbers of reason why a good speech is important. There’s a lot actually. I could only name 3 on top of my head.
- It can gain positive perception and opinion from the audience. A good speech does not only make the audience “wow,” it can also give you significant feedbacks from them that you can use in your future development.
- It can express fully your emotion and feelings. You can express what you really want the audience to feel about your speech.
- It can provide complete information. Having said that, a good speech will also make the audience understand and comprehend of the topics you have discussed.
Tribute Speech Example
Orientation Speech Example
Thank You Speech
Salutatorian Speech Example
Benefits of Using These Speech Examples
We have provided you a wide variety of speech examples here. You can use these as your reference in your next speech. And these are the benefits of these examples.
- You don’t have to exert too much effort on making a speech. Since we already provided you with examples and outlines, all you have to do now is to focus on what topic you are going to discuss in your speech.
- You can manage your time better. These examples can be used as speech templates so that you don’t have to waste your precious time on organizing your speech.
- Avoid the fear of missing out important information. All the information you need about speeches and their characteristics is already laid out in these examples. All that is left to do now is to concentrate on making your speech effective and full of meaning.
- Make these examples as guidelines. As stated above, you can use these examples as a reference when making your speech. In that way, you will create better and more effective speeches.
To get started, you can browse all the speech examples in this article, and click the download button below it. It’s easy. We also have wedding speech examples if you are looking for one.