Whether it’s your first time to give a speech or not, it is inevitable that we always experience stage fright. Most people who have a fear of speaking in front of a large number of people prevent this by having a speech outline that will guide them throughout their speech.
Having a speech outline will help you to think logically through the course of your whole speech and it guarantees you that you will deliver an effective and persuasive speech. A speech outline is not hard to do, you can even create a speech outline without having a master degree in speech skills.
Persuasive Speech Outline
Informative Speech Outline
Expository Speech Outline
Demonstration Speech Sample
What Is a Speech Outline?
A speech outline is more of a speech template that guides you to clarify what you wanted to say in a speech It will also help you organize everything you need in your speech. Once you complete your speech outline, it will be the foundation of your speech guiding you to gradually follow the aspect you need to consider before your speech.
The speech outline is very helpful when the time comes that you need to deliver your speech, it will increase your confidence and can prevent you to sound authoritative and in control.
What to Include in a Speech Outline?
A basic speech outline contains three major parts: the introduction, the body, and the conclusion.
- The introduction – This is the part where you state all the topic you want to present including the major points of your introduction speech.
- The body – This contains all the main points and all the main ideas. This is where you focus on explaining and expanding your topics by providing supporting details and credible sources.
- The conclusion – This where you summarize all the main points and ideas in your conclude speech and highlight important details to make a lasting impression on your audience.
Ceremonial Speech Example
Formal Speech Outline
How to Write a Speech Outline?
In writing a speech outline, there are three things needed to follow.
Write the introduction.
- Start with a greeting and the attention-grabber.
- The reason why the audience needs to listen to your speech.
- Your thesis statement or the summary of your speech.
- Your credible statement.
- Brief preview of your main point
Build the body of your speech.
- Start with the transition statement. This statement will connect your body to the introduction.
- State all your point and main ideas and followed it with supporting details.
Lastly, create your conclusion.
- Summary of the main idea of your speech.
- State once more the reasons and your thesis statement.
- End it with tight and remarkable sentences similar to a keynote speech.
Benefits of Having a Speech Outline
Speech outlining is very crucial in writing for a speech.
Not only as it serves as a guide for you to give a remarkable speech but it also makes you speak effectively just like giving a leadership speech. Below are the benefits of having a speech outline.
- Speech outlining helps you organize your thoughts and ideas.
- It will connect and group all of your main ideas.
- It will guide you logically in your speech.
- Gives you an overview of your speech.
- Prevents you from the anxiety of caused by unpreparedness.
- It can give you an effective and informative speech.