It gets scary when you are about to face the audience and deliver your motivational speeches, special occasion speech, or any other speech. But what’s scarier is that you have your speech but it does not have a strong outline. Your speech may be good, but it will be better if you have a speech outline.
Steps to Create a Speech Outline
- Put all your ideas or stories in a paper.
- Do a research statement on the topics and add those in the paper.
- Gather all the information from the research and your own
- Organize and structure it logically.
- Remove irrelevant information.
- Review and check for errors.
Basic Structure of a Speech and a Simple Outline
The basic structure of a speech contains three major parts: introduction, body, and conclusion.
- The introduction is where you introduce your topic and the main ideas in your introduction speech.
- The body is the main part. This is where you discussed all the topics, detailed by detailed.
- The conclusion is the part where you have to summarize everything in your speech.
Your simple speech outline would be:
- What is your speech all about?
- Why should the audience listen to you?
- What will be the main points of your keynote speech?
- What are the main points of your speech and the subtopics?
- What are your supporting evidence and information?
- What were your main points?
- What do you want your audience to remember?
Developing an Effective Speech Outline
Follow these simple guidelines in developing an effective speech outline.
- State the specific purpose and the objectives of your speech.
- Focus and clarify your central idea and summarize it in one sentence.
- Label the introduction, the body, and the conclusion
- Provide your speech outline with patterns and indention.
- Create a heading of the main points and subheading for the supporting details.
- Emphasize the transitions, reviews, and summaries.
Delivery Skills for Public Speaking
It does not matter if you are a newbie or a pro when it comes to public speaking, you still get nervous and feel anxious. But, that is okay, you are not alone. It just goes to show that you are still alive and you are serious about your speech in pdf. If you don’t get any nervous, that is the time that you have to worry.
So to ease that feeling, here are some delivery skill you have to master to improve your public speaking.
- Eye contact. Making an eye contact to the people listening to you can make them trust and believe everything you have said.
- Enunciation and pronunciation. How you pronounce your words in your speech is very important. Your audience should be able to hear your words clearly so that they can understand you.
- Paralanguage. Not only how you say the words is important but also the tone, rate, and pitch of your voice. You need to find the right tone, rate, and pitch so that everything is clear.
- Nonverbal barriers. The stage is yours. You should maximize the spaces of the stage. Walk to the other side so that everyone can see to you.
- Gestures and movement. Make use of gestures of your hands and the movement of your body to convey emotions.
Or use our speech templates and examples here to guide you. Also available, our speech examples in PDF.