What Is a Speech Writing?
A speech example writing is an art of conveying your message effectively to the handful of people, either through oral communication or writing. It is also a tool that allows the speaker to have an outline of his or her ideas and thoughts in the speech.
How to Write a Speech Introduction
- Write a compelling and attention-grabbing introduction speech.
- Provide a thesis statement that tells the audience what your speech is all about.
- Include your credibility and state why are you qualified to give your speech.
- Give an overview of the main points and ideas of your speech.
10 Keys for Writing a Speech
- Prepare ahead of time. It will be all easier for you if you if you plan your speech as early as possible.
- Write it in the audience perspective. Your speech should prioritize the needs of the audience.
- Start at the end. Write the conclusions first then use it as your guide.
- Write a speech for the ears and not for the eyes. Use simple language so when the audience hears it, they will get it immediately.
- Create drafts. Make rough drafts at first then polish it by revising and reviewing.
- Use your creativity. Get someone’s idea and use your creativity to put your views on it.
- Three main points are enough. Focus on only giving at least three main points, so the audience will not be overwhelmed.
- Remove the unwanted. Write on the most important stuff.
- Use the WIIFM (what’s in it for me) principle. The residence will be more likely to be interested if the material affects them.
How to Write a Speech
Here are three things to remember:
- Who – Who you are writing the speech for (the audience)
- What – What is your speech all about (topics, ideas, main points)
- How – How long your speech is going to be
For an easy start, you can also download our speech templates and examples here to guide you.
Tips for Writing a Persuasive Speech?
A persuasive speech as a different kind of speech where the speaker has a goal of convincing the audience to accept his or her point of view of the subject. It’s a tricky kind of speech but the best way to learn this speech is to read the persuasive speeches from people who are master of it.
If you want some tips, here are few that can help you.
- Write it like you are talking. Well, the speech is meant to be spoken, but when you write your persuasive speech, act like you are giving it. If you convince yourself, the audience will too.
- Tell a story. Speeches are great if there is a story involved. Especially for persuasive speeches, since people love stories.
- Structure your speech formally. Just like any speeches, the persuasive speech also needs a speech outline for it be effective.
- Keep it short and simple. Your persuasive speech should only focus on what you are going to tell to the audience and it should keep that way. Remove any irrelevant information.
- Keep it original. There’s nothing more sincere speech than a speech coming from your heart and coming from yourself.