Notes are basically made to record an event or information to help an individual remember facts or details pertaining to that event or topic. Since the dawn of man, note template have been seen or evidenced from cave walls to stone tablets. From the simplest thank you note example to a credit or debit note, notes have proven its importance to the lives of humans.
90+ Note Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers - START DOWNLOADING
Progress note examples seen on the page provide further information regarding notes. Other note examples can be found in the site by searching for a particular example at the home page. All samples are made to be downloadable.
Death Note Examples
Death Confirmation Note
Medical Death Note
Progress Note Examples
Counseling Progress Note
Nursing Progress Note
What Do You Mean by Note?
A note is a short record or account of facts or topics written down to help an individual remember or a written informal letter. Blank note examples in the page are shown for reference to the structure of a note.
How to Write a Sympathy Note
It is not easy handling news of a sad event. Most people fold with the added pressure of keeping it together in the midst of it all. Sympathy notes are given during these times as a form of support for say a grieving friend or a widowed colleague.
The following are basic guidelines in writing a sympathy note:
- As a general rule, always keep it short and simple.
- Always start by expressing sadness upon knowing the situation.
- Let them know that you are thinking and praying for them.
- Close by offering some kind of help.
Note examples in pdf as seen on the page may help in the better understanding of how a note is made. Feel free to click on the download link below the sample to get a closer view.
Meeting Note Example
Credit Note Example
Credit Note Application
Credit Note Request
Credit Note Authorisation
Briefing Note Example
Research Briefing Note
Medical Note Example
Guidelines For Writing a Note
Taking notes is an important skill that an individual learns or tries to learn during the formative years. When taking notes, the following guidelines should help in effectively taking down information:
- In case of a followup lecture, always review your notes from the previous lecture. The bottom line is to prepare for the lecture in order to get the flow of where the lecture is going.
- Write down your thank you notes as clearly and completely as possible. Sufficient description must be provided in reference to names, events, or topics. It is important that you understand the topic in order for you to properly do note taking.
- Actively listen to the lecturer to get key points to a lecture. Write only what is needed to be written. Write key ideas in your own wording to help you remember the lecture easier (see Cornell notes for a note type that allows you to quickly capture big ideas from the lecture).
- Always review notes right after a lecture. For skipped or missed topics, place a space for you to fill in later when you recall it after the lecture. Better yet, you can always approach the lecturer for added information
- The use of abbreviations are recommended but has to be used in consistency to avoid any confusion. This also gets you used to your own system of shortcuts.
- Allow plenty of room in taking notes and keep a habit of writing clearly and legibly. This helps in the organization of your notes. Never cram everything on a single page.
- Summarize all main points of the lecture. Always leave added room for additional information that may be remembered after reviewing the notes.
Case Note Example
Case Note for Social Work
Group Therapy Case Note
Loan Note Example
Personal Loan Note
Delivery Note Example
Vehicle Delivery Note
Courier Delivery Note
Mortgage Promissory Note
Real Estate Mortgage
Mortgage Market Note
What Is a Mortgage Note?
A mortgage note is a form of promissory note in connection to your mortgage loan. It forms a written promise in repaying a particular amount of money with added interest at a specified rate for a duration of time in achieving the promise.
Note examples in PDF are shown on the page to further provide information regarding a note. Try clicking on one of the download link buttons below a sample to access a note example.
Dos and Don’ts of Note Taking
Here are some basic dos and don’ts in note taking:
- Make notes easier to read.
- Pay attention to the speaker’s tone: key points are usually stressed or repeated.
- Use your own words in making notes, with exception of formulas and facts.
- Wite clearly and concisely.
- Write down everything that is being said.
- Use a single notebook or binder for all classes or lectures.
- Wait until the very last day or hour before reviewing your notes.
Soap note examples in the page are shown for additional reference in the making of notes. Be sure to click on individual note examples to get a closer look at how the notes are made or structured.
Promissory Note Example
Funeral Note Example
Funeral Thank you Note
Benefits of Writing a Note
Note taking not only increases chances of academic success but additionally does the following:
- Note taking develops active learning. Active learning increases your over all efficiency or productivity.
- Overall focus and attention to detail is improved and honed through note taking.
- The act of Briefing note taking develops comprehension skills and memory retention. Breaking down a topic to understandable bits of information helps in understanding new topics.
- The essential skill of organizing thoughts are developed through taking notes systematically. Being able to organize notes improves an individual’s organization strength.
- An increase in attention span would be attained through active note taking since it keeps an individual alert during a lecture. Note taking keeps a person engaged in a topic as if in a conversation.
- Setting note topics in order develops the skill of prioritizing. Dismissing other irrelevant information helps develop this skill as well. This also helps in the process of review and study since notes will only highlight key information making for an easier review or study.
Promissory note examples appear in the page as a guide or basis in making your own notes. Clicking on the individual download links for a sample gives you full view of the sample.