Statements are documents which usually state facts about a certain subject. A statement can be written or spoken, often giving the readers or listeners the basic idea about something. In most cases, statements are devised to provide information to a certain audience.
Personal statements are type of statements, usually written to express a summary of a person’s experiences, goals, and qualities. A personal statement is often a requirement when an individual applies for a job or a school admission, where the individual basically writes his/her qualifications to convince his/her readers of granting his/her application.
Performance Work Sample
Free Statement of Work
Personal Work Statement
Social Work Example
Project Statement of Work
What Is a Statement of Work?
A statement of work is an official document intended for project management statement.
Generally, it describes all the important details of the work that is required for a specific task or project. People usually create a statement of work as a part of a contract between different parties, usually a service provider and a client. This is to provide a clear understanding on the responsibilities and agreement between both parties.
What Should a Statement of Work Include?
A statement of work is a document which needs to be written in clear terms. Here are the basic things one needs to include in the statement of work:
- Project smart goals and targets.
- List of items to be delivered including their costs and schedule of delivery.
- Tasks or activities to be done including the duration of the project.
- Project or work location.
- People responsible for the project or work.
- Project or contract standards and criteria.
- Contract type, total costs and due date of payment.
- Acceptance of work containing the signature of the service provider and the client.
- Special requirements or other important matters.
Statement of Work Sample
Legal Statement of Work
Technology of Work Example
Contractor Work Sample
Generic Statement of Work
How to Write a Statement of Work
Writing a income statement of work can consume a lot of the writer’s time and effort. This also requires critical thinking on the writer’s part.
There is no official guidelines in writing, which makes it more difficult than it already is. Still, one needs to at least be familiar of the most basic things in writing a statement of work.
Here are some important things you need to remember when writing your statement of work:
- Identify goals to be achieved. This will help you determine your desired outcome and help you define your success.
- Discuss the contents. This includes a detailed discussion of the project goals, scope, sample schedule, and other important details included in your statement of work
- Create a timeline or a timetable. This will ensure both parties will be able to follow the schedule intended for the project or work, and remind them to finish the project on time.
- Use simple language. Writing a statement of work may require using language intended for the business field. Still, write it in a way that can be understood by people who are unfamiliar with business language.
- Be clear and specific. This also requires you to make your language clear. Be specific in discussing the details included in your statement of work.
- Review and improve your statement analysis. Writing a statement analysis of work can be challenging especially for beginners. So keep on editing and improve your statement of work until you are satisfied with it.