A statement of work is a document that combines both idea and objectivity. In other words, it should be creative but also realistic. Because there are details that are highly needed to construct this paper, it becomes challenging for some proponents to make one. If you are one of them, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. Here is an article that would exactly discuss on that. Read through to learn more.
Statement of work—without studying its fundamentals, you would never know that it is particularly used in project management. If this sounds new to you, it will be a great choice to take a look at some samples and templates first. Consequently, delight yourself with our best picks for you.
28+ Statement of Work Examples
Statement of Work for Web Development Template
Statement of Work for Construction Services
Freelance Statement of Work Template
Software Statement of Work Template
IT Statement of Work Template
Technology Statement of Work Template
Project Statement Of Work Template
Statement of Work Template
Performance Work Statement Example
Plain Statement of Work Example
Personal Work Statement Example
Social Work Statement Example
Project Statement of Work Example
Simple Statement of Work Example
Legal Statement of Work Example
Technological Statement of Work Example
Contractor Statement of Work Example
Generic Statement of Work Example
Supervisor Statement of Work Example
Audit Program Statement of Work Example
Apps Development Statement of Work Example
Mechanical Engineer Statement of Work Example
Software Development Statement of Work Example
Minimalist Statement of Work Example
Statement of Work Example in PDF
Statement of Binding Material Work Example
Basic Statement of Work Example
Statement of Work for Investment Plan Example
What Is a Statement of Work?
A statement of work, also known as SoW, is an official document that is consistently used in project management to narrate all aspects of the project. It gives definition to the activities, events, deliverables, timelines, and progress concerning the project. Moreover, SoW also holds details about the standard regulatory and management terms and conditions of the project as well as the equipment and respective costing.
The statement of work is one of the papers you need to formulate in the initial period of lay-outing the whole project landscape before you plan and execute. Also, it can serve as the agreement between the contractor and the client. Details are essential in constructing this document; hence, critical thinking and resourcefulness are highly required. Moreover, this is one of the foundations of any project; hence, it should be done well.
What Should a Statement of Work Include?
A statement of work is a document which needs to be written in clear terms. Here are the basic things one needs to include in the statement of work:
- Project smart goals and targets.
- List of items to be delivered including their costs and schedule of delivery.
- Tasks or activities to be done including the duration of the project.
- Project or work location.
- People responsible for the project or work.
- Project or contract standards and criteria.
- Contract type, total costs and due date of payment.
- Acceptance of work containing the signature of the service provider and the client.
- Special requirements or other important matters.
How to Formulate a Captivating Statement of Work
Writing a income statement of work can consume a lot of the writer’s time and effort. This also requires critical thinking on the writer’s part.
There are no official guidelines in writing, which makes it more difficult than it already is. Still, one needs to at least be familiar with the most basic things in writing a statement of work.
Here are some important things you need to remember when writing your statement of work:
- Identify the goals to be achieved. This will help you determine your desired outcome and help you define your success.
- Discuss the contents. This includes a detailed discussion of the project goals, scope, sample schedule, and other important details included in your statement of work
- Create a timeline or a timetable. This will ensure both parties will be able to follow the schedule intended for the project or work and remind them to finish the project on time.
- Use simple language. Writing a statement of work may require using language intended for the business field. Still, write it in a way that can be understood by people who are unfamiliar with business language.
- Be clear and specific. This also requires you to make your language clear. Be specific in discussing the details included in your statement of work.
- Review and improve your statement analysis. Writing a statement analysis of work can be challenging especially for beginners. So keep on editing and improve your statement of work until you are satisfied with it.