A checklist has already been recorded to aid the problem of skipping and missing out important information when doing evaluation and assessment. It has been helping people organize their task and sorting out their plan. Using a printable checklist in an inspection will also have the same effect but with better outcome.
There are hundreds of inspection checklist uses but the main purpose of an inspection checklist is to guide the inspector logically and in order of the items needed to be checked in the course of his inspection. You can check our inspection checklist examples in pdf below to give you an idea of how it looks like.
Sample Vehicle Inspection Checklist Example
Home Inspection Checklist Example
Truck Inspection Checklist
Truck Inspection Checklist Template
Vehicle Inspection Checklist Template
Home Inspection Checklist Template
Workplace Inspection Checklist
Home Inspection Checklist Sample
Facility Inspection Checklist
Ladder Inspection Checklist Example
Aircraft Condition Inspection Report
What Is an Inspection Checklist?
An inspection checklist contains a list of areas in the building, house, or facility that needs to be inspected by a professional inspector.
An inspection checklist is also used to inspect a particular equipment. As each item on the checklist is ticked off, the professional inspector is verifying that each area is already in good condition and does not need any further evaluation or assessment.
The items on the checklist need to be specific to the type of area or equipment being inspected in order for it to be effective.
How to Prepare an Inspection Checklist
Just like any blank checklist examples, an inspection checklist also requires adequate preparation. Here are the following steps on how to prepare an inspection checklist.
- Identify what area you are going to check or what particular equipment needs an inspection.
- Conduct a thorough examination or assessment of the area or equipment.
- Talk to the person in-charge for the current problems or issues and the items that are already inspected by a previous inspector.
- List all the items needed to be inspected and make sure it specifies according to the area or item being inspected.
- Provide and inspection reports.
Safety Inspection Sample
Electrical Inspection Checklist
Field Inspection Checklist
Property Inspection Sample
Site Inspection Checklist
Playground Inspection Example
The Importance of an Inspection Checklist
When used properly, inspection checklist is very helpful to ensure the safety of an area or equipment. Below is the importance of an inspection checklist.
- It can keep the inspector organized when doing his inspection report.
- It provides guidelines and procedures to be followed to have an effective inspection.
- The employees will feel safe and confident in machinery and equipment knowing that it is inspected regularly.
- It can provide a risk plan and determine problems or possible accidents before it will happen.
Check out our checklist examples in excel provided in this article to help you in creating an inspection checklist.
What Are the Things Included in an Inspection Checklist?
For houses, building, and facilities inspection, these are the common things needed to be included.
- Structural foundation
- Walls covering, flashing, and trim
- Decks, balconies, steps, porches and railings
- Garage and carports
- Walkways, driveways, and patios
- Heating vents and air condition
- Walls, ceilings, floors
- Staircase and railings
- Cabinets and counters
- Doors and windows
- Lights and appliances
- Wires, fuses, and breakers
For equipment inspection, these are the common things needed to be included.
- Material and equipment
- Electrical component
- Healthy and safety hazards
You can browse our printable checklist for the complete items.