In any establishment, be it a school or company, a value statement is important and necessary. These statements identify and inculcate values. Value statements contain an organization’s core beliefs and serves as a guide in their code of conduct.
Value statements define the work ethics of a company. Why? Because it is where employees root their day-to-day perspective and responsibilities. While a financial statement records the monetary activities of a company, a value statement on the other hand dictates how the finances might pour in.
Company Value Statement
Employee Value Example
Value Added Statement
What Is a Personal Value Statement?
A personal value statement is someone’s statement of beliefs and morals that serves as a guide or a lighthouse to direct his/her standards and views in life. It is a manifesto that outlines the important things in a person’s life. It is a statement of both intellectual and emotional origin.
Most psychologists and professionals who deal with depression and anxiety cases highly recommend their patients to have personal value statements. Because most of these victims are those who have lost perspective and hope in life. A personal statement could uplift their spirit and pilot them in the right way.
How to Write a Value Statement for a Company
Incorporating a value statement in corporations adds a favorable factor in running the business. Here are some guidelines to do that.
- Gather a group. Writing a value statement analysis is a complex job and it requires multiple minds to ponder and think what should be your company values. It is important that you exhaust all ideas that you thing is important so that you can keep up with a value statement that encompasses all the aspects of the company.
- Collate and formulate. Once you have all those ideas coming from your members, analyze them and formulate statements that would summarize everything.
- Evaluate and finalize. When the statements are ready, have them checked by the higher members to see if they embody the company’s smart goals and ambitions. These statements will be the pillars to guide you and help you achieve your objectives.
Sample Value Statement
Organizational Value Example
Customer Value Proposition
How to Develop a Value Statement
A statement should be concise and direct to the point. However, it needs sufficient preparation to perfect a value statement.
- Identify your objectives. When you know what your company wants to achieve in the future, it would be easy for you to develop a value statement. Whether it be personal or organizational, knowing your goals is important to build a strong foundation.
- Hold on to reality. Never ever formulate a value statement that is not applicable. Do not set very high standards or values or you will end up frustrated.
Benefits of a Value Statement
Just like an income statement and other kinds of statements, a value statements has its benefits. Here are a few and I hope it can help you realize to write one for your own now.
- It guides your actions. Whichever situation you apply it, value statements are proven effective to guide a person’s or a company’s actions.
- It sets your standards. A company has to have a unique identity. One that will elevate them from the rest. When company employees hold on to their values and uphold them righteously, it dictates the way they work together to reach the company’s objective statement.
- It brings good reputation. When a company has core values and the employees are its faithful advocates, people learn to trust and respect the whole organization. It is a strategy that can be used to get closer to consumers.