19+ Cleaning Flyer Examples, Templates & Design Ideas
What do you do when the windows of an 18-story building are stained with bird poop? When you’re left with a muddy car after driving through murky water? Or when the house is a mess after hosting a party the night before? Like most people, you’d rather leave the dirty work to the experts by hiring a cleaning service company to do the job.
Running a cleaning service business, or any business in general, is never easy. Advertising your goods to prospects can be a challenge at times, especially when finding the right medium. Fortunately, with the help of a good cleaning flyer, you can get your message across in an informative and creative manner.
Elements of a Cleaning Flyer
If you’re going to use a promotional flyer to market your cleaning business, knowing what makes a flyer effective is sure to contribute to its success. That being said, take note of these five essential flyer elements.
1. Headline: Imagine rushing through a crowded street and being handed a flyer by surprise. Although you do have the liberty to decline it, you take it anyway after being enticed by its striking headline. A compelling headline has the ability to pique one’s interest and prompt a reaction. This is usually printed in big and bold letters to capture a passerby’s attention.
2. Graphics: Images, colors, illustrations, and even patterns are a key element of a good advertising flyer. High-quality graphics add a touch of creativity and professionalism to the flyer to help it stand out from a crowd. But given how these elements can either make or break your overall visual design, applying them carefully is a definite must.
3. Branding: Establishing your brand identity through a flyer is a great way to boost awareness and gain recognition. Not to say you should dedicate an entire page for an About Us section, but including your business logo and incorporating your brand colors to the design won’t go unnoticed. This will help put your name out in the market for more prospects to discover.
4. Call to Action: Once you have a person’s attention, you need to give them a good takeaway. This refers to the message you want to convey to readers. Perhaps you want a promising client to call a number, visit a website, or like a Facebook page. This should be enough to nudge a person to take immediate action once they have finished reading your flyer.
5. Contact Information: How do you expect prospects to stay in touch with you if you fail to provide them with a means of contact? Never forget to include your contact details such as your phone number, email address, website URL, and social media profiles. That way, they’ll know exactly where to forward their questions, inquiries, orders, or reservations to.
10+ Cleaning Flyer Templates
Car Cleaning Service Flyer
Cleaning Company Flyer Template
Cleaning Service Flyer Template
Commercial Cleaning Service Flyer
Home Cleaning Service Flyer
House Cleaning Services Flyer
Printable Cleaning Services Flyer
Professional Cleaning Services Flyer
Simple House Cleaning Service Flyer
House Cleaning Flyer
10+ Cleaning Flyer Examples
American Cleaning Awareness Flyer
Car Wash Cleaning Flyer
Cleaning Maid Flyer Ad
Discount Cleaning Service Flyer
High-Ceiling and Long-Reach Flyer
Maintenance and Cleaning Services Flyer
Residential and Commercial Cleaning Services Flyer
Residential Cleaning Services Flyer
Roof Cleaning Services Flyer
Window Cleaning Services Flyer
How to Create a Cleaning Flyer
Crafting a flyer doesn’t have to be a daunting experience for anyone. In fact, flyers are pretty easy to make with the help of the right technique. So to get you through this task with ease, here’s a quick guide on how you can develop your own cleaning flyer:
- Define your main goal: Being goal-oriented will get you far in life, even when creating a flyer design. Take the time to ask yourself what you want to communicate through the medium. By determining how you want people to feel or respond as soon as they grasp the text and graphic content of your flyer, you’ll know exactly what to do in the succeeding steps.
- Conceptualize your layout: Everything starts from nothing. However, throwing in random things to your layout won’t do you any favors. It’s good practice to begin every design process by brainstorming ideas and conceptualizing your layout. You can start with a rough draft, then have it edited and enhanced afterward.
- Include graphic and text elements: Once you have developed a foundation for your flyer, you can begin adding your visual elements to the layout. Make sure to add the necessary information to the flyer before putting any supporting components. Text should also be kept brief and concise, while graphics must be relevant and of high quality. Organize all these neatly on your layout to keep vital elements visible from a distance.
- Check the flyer before printing: Always remember to review your content before printing. Be sure to proofread your flyer for any spelling or grammar errors that might have been overlooked during pre-production. You can also let a colleague have a look at your flyer for further review. The last thing you would want to do is to reprint an entire batch of flyers after missing a minor mistake.
Tips to Design an Effective Cleaning Flyer
Now that we’ve covered the basics of crafting a cleaning flyer, it’s time that we tackle how you can improve the look of your flyer in order to generate better results. With that said, here are some useful tips to consider:
- Use simple and direct wording: You need to make people feel as if you’re speaking to them directly. Taking a more personal approach with your choice of words creates engagement between you and your customers. And because not everyone has the luxury of time to pause and read your flyer for more than two minutes, it’s best to get your point across as quickly as possible.
- Follow a strategic placement: People often have a reading pattern that can change according to how the material they are reading is designed. Like a restaurant menu, our eyes are drawn toward the elements that are highlighted or separated from the group. You can emphasize these elements by choosing the right colors, sizes, and patterns.
- Use color to your advantage: Color selection matters. It’s a powerful tool that can elicit an emotion from viewers and set the tone for your flyer. Make sure to choose colors that are not only good, but do not overshadow the rest of your graphic elements as well. Bear in mind that some colors will make it difficult for an audience to read your content. Thus, be sure to select and apply them carefully.
- Don’t overdo it: Get creative, but know where to draw the line. It’s easy to get carried away in design, especially when you pay too much attention to the flyer’s appearance and not its actual function. Aim for a minimalist layout by removing unnecessary components and applying white space when necessary.
- Emphasize special keyword to attract audiences: The words Sale, Limited, Easy, and Discount are enough to spark a level of curiosity among prospects. Even if you aren’t creating a sales flyer, using these keywords to promote your cleaning business is a great way to draw in new clients and keep recurring ones interested.
Types of Cleaning Flyers
Listed below are some of the most popular types of cleaning flyers you’re likely to encounter.
1. Handbills: Also known as handouts, cleaning flyers of this type usually come in a matte finish. This allows you to write on the material using a pen or marker without ink smearing across the page. These flyers are also the lightest and cheapest of the bunch, which makes them convenient to carry around and hand out in public areas.
2. Mailers: Along with the personal letters and subscription magazines you get in the mail, this type of flyers are often sent directly to recipients based on a particular demographic. In some cases, these flyers are inserted in packages or envelopes to protect it while the medium makes its way to your prospects.
3. Retail Flyers: It’s easy to confuse a retail flyer with a miniature version of a product catalog due to the kind of information they contain. Retail flyers are known to have a thick, durable material which gives it a classy look and a sturdy feel for prospects to keep. This type of flyers are suitable for businesses that wish to showcase a list of product offers to potential clients.
Cleaning Flyer Sizes
While a flyer can come in a variety of shapes and sizes, choosing the most appropriate one would depend on the amount of information you want to include in its content. However, many advertisers suggest using a 8.5″ × 11″ paper size as a standard option. There’s enough space for you to write down important information while also including the necessary elements of an effective flyer.
Cleaning Flyer FAQs
Here are answers to some of your frequently asked questions in regards to cleaning flyers:
What is the purpose of a cleaning flyer?
Despite the fact that it’s a common household necessity, businesses that specialize in cleaning products and services aren’t exactly popular among consumers. We might know what a product is for, but not much about the brand or the company behind it. This is why it’s important for businesses to spread the good word about who they are and what they do through the promotional assistance of a flyer.
What should a cleaning flyer include?
A cleaning flyer must contain basic company information for prospective clients to refer to. This includes the products or services offered, a price list of such, your contact details, along with your office address. Keep in mind that the purpose and message of the flyer must be explicitly presented for readers to grasp. In simple terms, function over form must be every advertiser’s primary goal.
What is the difference between a cleaning flyer and a cleaning brochure?
A cleaning flyer is a low-cost advertising material that is often used to draw attention to a product, service, or idea. It contains a simple message which can be conveyed through a one-page or two-page description. Business brochures, on the other hand, are more convenient for delivering a good chunk of information about your cleaning services to a targeted audience. Once folded, the brochure creates multiple panels of information for readers to browse through.
And there you have it! Advertise your cleaning business today with the help of these ready-made flyer templates and design ideas.