What do you do when the windows of an 18-story building are stained with bird poop? When you’re left with a muddy car after driving through murky water? Or when the house is a mess after hosting a party the night before? Like most people, you’d rather leave the dirty work to the experts by hiring a cleaning service company to do the job.
Running a cleaning service business, or any business in general, is never easy. Advertising your goods to prospects can be a challenge at times, especially when finding the right medium. Fortunately, with the help of a good cleaning flyer, you can get your message across in an informative and creative manner.
If you’re going to use a promotional flyer to market your cleaning business, knowing what makes a flyer effective is sure to contribute to its success. That being said, take note of these five essential flyer elements.
1. Headline: Imagine rushing through a crowded street and being handed a flyer by surprise. Although you do have the liberty to decline it, you take it anyway after being enticed by its striking headline. A compelling headline has the ability to pique one’s interest and prompt a reaction. This is usually printed in big and bold letters to capture a passerby’s attention.
2. Graphics: Images, colors, illustrations, and even patterns are a key element of a good advertising flyer. High-quality graphics add a touch of creativity and professionalism to the flyer to help it stand out from a crowd. But given how these elements can either make or break your overall visual design, applying them carefully is a definite must.
3. Branding: Establishing your brand identity through a flyer is a great way to boost awareness and gain recognition. Not to say you should dedicate an entire page for an About Us section, but including your business logo and incorporating your brand colors to the design won’t go unnoticed. This will help put your name out in the market for more prospects to discover.
4. Call to Action: Once you have a person’s attention, you need to give them a good takeaway. This refers to the message you want to convey to readers. Perhaps you want a promising client to call a number, visit a website, or like a Facebook page. This should be enough to nudge a person to take immediate action once they have finished reading your flyer.
5. Contact Information: How do you expect prospects to stay in touch with you if you fail to provide them with a means of contact? Never forget to include your contact details such as your phone number, email address, website URL, and social media profiles. That way, they’ll know exactly where to forward their questions, inquiries, orders, or reservations to.
Crafting a flyer doesn’t have to be a daunting experience for anyone. In fact, flyers are pretty easy to make with the help of the right technique. So to get you through this task with ease, here’s a quick guide on how you can develop your own cleaning flyer:
Now that we’ve covered the basics of crafting a cleaning flyer, it’s time that we tackle how you can improve the look of your flyer in order to generate better results. With that said, here are some useful tips to consider:
Listed below are some of the most popular types of cleaning flyers you’re likely to encounter.
1. Handbills: Also known as handouts, cleaning flyers of this type usually come in a matte finish. This allows you to write on the material using a pen or marker without ink smearing across the page. These flyers are also the lightest and cheapest of the bunch, which makes them convenient to carry around and hand out in public areas.
2. Mailers: Along with the personal letters and subscription magazines you get in the mail, this type of flyers are often sent directly to recipients based on a particular demographic. In some cases, these flyers are inserted in packages or envelopes to protect it while the medium makes its way to your prospects.
3. Retail Flyers: It’s easy to confuse a retail flyer with a miniature version of a product catalog due to the kind of information they contain. Retail flyers are known to have a thick, durable material which gives it a classy look and a sturdy feel for prospects to keep. This type of flyers are suitable for businesses that wish to showcase a list of product offers to potential clients.
While a flyer can come in a variety of shapes and sizes, choosing the most appropriate one would depend on the amount of information you want to include in its content. However, many advertisers suggest using a 8.5″ × 11″ paper size as a standard option. There’s enough space for you to write down important information while also including the necessary elements of an effective flyer.
Here are answers to some of your frequently asked questions in regards to cleaning flyers:
Despite the fact that it’s a common household necessity, businesses that specialize in cleaning products and services aren’t exactly popular among consumers. We might know what a product is for, but not much about the brand or the company behind it. This is why it’s important for businesses to spread the good word about who they are and what they do through the promotional assistance of a flyer.
A cleaning flyer must contain basic company information for prospective clients to refer to. This includes the products or services offered, a price list of such, your contact details, along with your office address. Keep in mind that the purpose and message of the flyer must be explicitly presented for readers to grasp. In simple terms, function over form must be every advertiser’s primary goal.
A cleaning flyer is a low-cost advertising material that is often used to draw attention to a product, service, or idea. It contains a simple message which can be conveyed through a one-page or two-page description. Business brochures, on the other hand, are more convenient for delivering a good chunk of information about your cleaning services to a targeted audience. Once folded, the brochure creates multiple panels of information for readers to browse through.
And there you have it! Advertise your cleaning business today with the help of these ready-made flyer templates and design ideas.