When you organize a certain event — let’s say a sports event, a concert, a product launch, a store opening, and other similar marketing campaigns — you’d want people to know about your event. There are various ways for you to do so, such as from direct mail campaigns to print and digital advertising.
However, some of these promotional methods pose extreme challenges for most small to medium businesses. Apart from dealing with the financial aspect, the manpower needed to launch these campaigns are sometimes insufficient. While using different social networks as a platform for advertising can always do the trick, you have to admit, there’s nothing like using a good flyer design to communicate with an audience. This is the perfect tool to supply details about your concert, without having to bring in the big bucks.
Classic Music Concert Flyer
Church Concert Flyer
Gospel Concert Flyer
DJ Concert Flyer
Music Concert Flyer
Live Concert Music Flyer
Reasons Why Flyers Are Essential in Marketing
You must be asking yourself, why are flyers so important? Are they really necessary? Although some would call this traditional form of advertising a bit too outdated compared to today’s marketing campaigns, there’s no denying how a simple flyer design can leave a lasting impression to the average person. That being said, here are a few other reasons to convince you why flyers are excellent for marketing:
Reach Out to an Audience
Similar to an advertising brochure and poster design, flyers serve as an excellent platform to reach out to your target audience efficiently and effectively. This keeps prospects fully informed on the products, services, or events your business has to offer. Creating awareness is the best way to draw attention towards your brand, allowing your presence in the industry to become known.
For one thing, a flyer typically bears a captivating design that’s enough to turn heads almost immediately. Not only would you want your flyer to stand out, but you’d also want to emphasize the message you’re trying to convey. This can be achieved by using the right design elements that accurately reflect your primary purpose. Most flyers tend to be double-sided, giving you enough space to get your message across. But remember, don’t get too caught up in the design process. You still need to make sure your audience can understand what your flyer is for.
Tangible in Nature
Anything that catches a person’s eye is bound to be picked up and read. If your flyer design is good enough to draw in attention, then it can easily spark interest among viewers. People will become curious on what your flyer has to offer, which can then build awareness. However, keep in mind that the way you design your flyer can greatly impact one’s reaction. If it isn’t even worth a second look, then your marketing flyer could be as good as nothing.
Utilizing TV commercials and billboard ads as a means for marketing is a great way to stay connected with a wider audience. Unfortunately, the cost for such can be too much for most small businesses, making an advertising flyer the perfect alternative. Physical flyers are printed on a special paper material that may be handed out anytime. What makes it a good promotional tool is how quick the production of such can be. You get to promote your event in the simplest manner, and then receive a good return in investment as soon as it gets the attention it deserves.
There are a variety of channels available for you to distribute your flyers. This includes door-to-door distribution, street hand-outs, in-store hand-outs, newspaper inserts, and so much more. And because flyers are light materials, they may easily be carried around and kept by its holder. If it’s enticing enough to create a buzz, a simple flyer can be passed on from person to person in no time.
Concert Unplugged Flyer
Concert Band Flyer Template
Concert Festival Flyer
Acoustic Concert Flyer
5 Common Flyer Design Mistakes to Avoid
Flyer are said to be one of the simplest yet one of the most effective promotional tools there is. But in order for them to function as promised, you need to do them right. This is everything from the look and feel of your flyer to the actual content printed on it. So to help you out, here are a few common flyer design mistakes that you should avoid:
- Using low-quality images. Having low-quality images grace the layout of your flyer is one of the worst design mistakes you could commit. If you ever decide on using pictures for your flyer, then do consider a decent selection. Not only should the images be relevant to the message you are trying to convey, but it must also be of good quality. If it fails to deliver your message accordingly, then it would only serve as a distraction to the overall design.
- Busy layout. One of the most important rules to remember in design is to never overdo it. Overcrowding can only make it difficult for viewers to fully grasp the main message. While it might seem tempting to give your audience a full run-through of what you have to offer, you still need to make sure that the information given is useful. Otherwise, if there’s too much going on, people will find it difficult to remember what exactly they need to know about.
- Missing details. Who. What. When. Where. Why. These five Ws play a huge role in the overall message you want to relay. A good flyer design is not only attractive to look at, but it must be just as informative as well. Do not forget to include all the necessary information and keep it as detailed as possible.
- Spelling errors. There’s nothing more insulting (and humorous) than a misspelled name. Imagine if you were headlining a much-awaited rock concert in your city and the graphic designer accidentally misspells your name in big and bold letters. How would you feel? With this mind, it’s always good to be careful and proofread every now and then. If you’re still feeling a bit uneasy and unsure about your work, you can always ask for a second pair of eyes to take a look.
- Boring headlines. Apart from the colors and images of your flyer design, a compelling headline is one of the most essential elements of a good flyer. You need to keep your audience intrigued by what you have to offer. It doesn’t need to translate into some clever pun or friendly joke, as long as it’s creative enough to keep a person interested. When this happens, an individual is more likely to think about your flyer even after the encounter has taken place.
Indie Rock Concert Flyer
Live Concert Flyer
Battle of the Bands Concert Flyer
Colorful Music Concert Flyer
Music Concert Event Flyer
Tips on Creating a Killer Concert Flyer Design
One of the challenges that come with designing a flyer is making it interesting enough for people to keep. When it comes to concert flyers, it needs to be both relevant and relatable for your audience to grasp. This may seem quite daunting to acquire, but with the right knowledge and skills, you’re sure to see good outcomes in an instant.
- Listen to the artist/band you are designing for. Music is a form of expression. By listening to the type of sound a particular artist or band creates, you get a glimpse of how your flyer design should look. For instance, rock bands are represented by messy, distressed design elements that are a far cry from the clean and neat layout we’re used to. But even then, you still need to make sure that the significant details of your flyer remain clear and visible for your audience to take in.
- Plan out your content. Before you jump into the design process, always have a plan of action first. It would be best to start off with a draft of your layout, along with a list of what must be included. Aside from the standard details of when and where you also need to give importance to the secondary information that concert-goers must know about. This is everything from ticket prices, ticketing outlets they are available in, age limit, and the like. Once your content plan is ready, you will be able to estimate the size of your flyer, along with how each item should be situated.
- Make use of imagery. Behind a good concert, flyer design is a clever concept surrounding various imagery techniques. However, this also demands a high level of creativity. You see, this type of flyer design involves more than just a drag-and-drop technique, as illustrations are generally crafted from scratch to portray a given concept. It’s almost psychedelic, as some would call it. The smart use of imagery goes beyond the standard practice of flyer design, yet its unique structure is something that makes it all the more meaningful.
- Create a color harmony. As a designer, choosing the overall color scheme for your flyer can be quite the challenge. In this step, you need to take a color sample from a single image and apply it to the other images present. Color harmony plays an important role in the design, as this is what keeps a viewer’s eyes wandering and not just stuck in a single area of your design. Be patient when doing this, as it can sometimes get too frustrating, especially when it becomes difficult to decide on what is most suitable.
- Pay attention to typography. Type is an important element of design that contributes to the success of your flyer. If your font choice makes it difficult to understand a given text, then this can cause a misunderstanding with your readers. The concept of kerning and tracking is another point to keep in mind, as this may also affect how a word is read from a distance. Remember, typography can change the mood of a design as well, so be sure to use a type that represents your purpose accordingly.
With the constant flow of concerts and festivals entering the music scene all at once, one of the best ways to stand out is through an interesting flyer design. The key is to work with a variety of design elements and allowing them to come together in harmony in order to enhance visual appeal. Remember, a high-quality and timely flyer design can make a great impact in the market, creating a level of excitement for concert-goers to look forward to. So, what are you waiting for? Keep our tips and tricks in mind and create a stunning concert flyer today!