A wedding is a beautiful ceremony that celebrates the union of two souls. Imagine from the display of colorful and romantic roses to the delicious food served in your dish. There’s no way someone could deny that it is one of the most awaited events in one’s life. Knowing this, you can’t just break the scene with an unprepared wedding speech. Equip yourself with some essentials in wedding speech by reading through this article.
So maybe you delivered a speech template to a huge crowd before, but never in a wedding with your little sister as the bride. Am I allowed to say this or that? Am I supposed to do some speech exercise or crazy rituals to calm my nerves? Read on to know just how you could deliver the perfect wedding speech.
Are you a wedding planner and looking for a Wedding Facebook Cover Examples template? Then, this template right here is the right choice for you. This template comes with high quality image with editable and customizable options. You can use this template in any way you want. So, don’t waste anymore time and download this template now! Hurry!
Sample Wedding Speech
What Is a Wedding Speech?
A wedding speech is a formal address that is delivered by an individual at a wedding reception that mainly talks about the newly-wed couples of the occasion.
Wedding speeches either bring cheers or tears to an audience, depending on what it’s intended to do. They’re meaningful pieces that carry so much emotion in every word. They’re meant to be personal and intimate in meaning. However, not everyone is a pro in delivering a good speech. Some people choose to bring written copies of their speech or save the speech in a PDF on their phones.
How to Prepare for a Perfect Wedding Speech
Let’s say that you already composed your epic speech, and you can’t wait already to declaim it in front of the visitors. Telling it to you with pure honesty, a brilliant wedding speech will just be considered as mundane or less if there’s a lack of proper preparation along the line. If preparing for your speech troubles you a lot, here are some steps you could follow to alleviate things up:
- Plan in advance. Though it’s not your wedding, planning your own speech in advance is not just sweet but also practically smart. Planning ahead would provide you more time to think and help you craft a smooth flow for your speech. You may refer to our speech examples in word to learn more.
- Don’t get drunk! There’s nothing worse than a drunk speaker. A glass or two will help you calm your nerves but try not to go beyond your limit.
- K.I.S.S. Keep it short and sweet. 30-minute speeches are bound to receive still smiles and awkward slow claps.
Groom Wedding Speech Guide (PDF)
Jubilee Celebration Speech
Wedding Reception Speech
Short Wedding Speech Guidelines
How to Write a Wedding Speech
A wedding speech is intended to be a verbal expression. However, if you need to hold a script or a guide, composing it is perfectly fine. Though giving a speech at a wedding is indeed fun, it could be challenging for some to create one. Assuming that you are one of this population, this segment is going to remove that difficulty. Read through to learn more.
- Let the crowd know you. A fantastic wedding speech needs a grand introduction, and there is no other way for you to have one without introducing yourself first. Because not everyone on that occasion has met you already, it is a smart move to initially acquaint everyone of who you are. However, do not be overwhelmed, too. Remember, you may have the spotlight, but the speech is not for you and about you. By simply telling them your name, your role in the wedding, and your relation to the wedding party, your intro is already good to go.
- Begin the message body by being funny. The body is the meat of your message, and this is the part you wish everyone would hear from you. But, the ears of the guests were never specially made for you. Hence, they will never listen to you if you don’t make them. The perfect piece to achieve that in your wedding speech is, to begin with, something humorous. Considering that funny stories or jokes will make you appear likable, it technically involves you to the visitors as well. In executing this, take note to be considerate to your audiences. This event could probably include people from diverse ages so be wise in choosing your punch line.
- Reminisce some memories with the bride and groom. Empathetically speaking, one of the statements that could touch both the bride and the groom is the thoughts of the people that are critical in their relationship. Be wise enough to realize that speaking for an individual in that celebration will be very awkward to the other. Hence, try to discuss memories that include both of them in the scene. On the other hand, you may also narrate your experiences with your closer party, then discuss how the other entered the story. For instance, if you are related to the bride, you can talk memories with her before she met the groom. Consequently, you can review more on how they build their relationship afterward.
- Give advice or well-wishes for the couple. Now that you have discussed the past, it is time for you to talk about the future. In this step, you can provide some encouraging words that would enlighten them to strengthen their relationship. You may have mentioned some lonely things about the two. Hence, you may cheer them up with some eye-opening suggestions. For example, if you have stated a while ago that the newly-wed were always quarreling over small things before, you may recommend to them to reduce being impulsive. Nevertheless, never forget to wish them the best as well.
- Give thanks to everyone. As your conclusion, a modest yet sincere appreciation to the guests and the honeymooner for listening and attending the event will do fabulously. Start from the bride and the groom then down to their parents, family, friends, and even the staffs such as the host, DJ, and the catering crews. You may also acknowledge people behind making the event possible, too.
Tips for the Perfect Wedding Speech
A wedding speech is a free speech; hence, why not make the best out of this bizarre event? However, even if you want to, do not make that overwhelming excitement or anxiety ruin the moment. Organize your ideas and craft a splendid wedding speech for the newly-weds. For you to do that epically, here are some brilliant and helpful tips for you.
- Make notes. Unless if you have hyperthymesia or a superpower that allows you to remember everything, notes are the most reliable tool you can obtain in this “do-it or forget-it” engagement. Considering that most of us can’t completely memorize our speech, holding a note that contains the key points you want to discuss is useful. Do not overuse your note, it solely works as your guide, not your audience. You must glance at it only occasionally, still focus on facing the audience to have a more natural delivery.
- Know your audience. Do not be overtaken by your want of saying a punch line or a hilarious yet malicious thought just to get the attention of the crowd. Remember, there are children and elderly around who could be very sensitive to some kinds of information. Hence, be careful in assessing your listeners in such an event.
- Wittiness is the key. An epic wedding speech is commonly a funny one. This is natural, considering that people spontaneously react to everything humorous. Thus, if you can only make your audience laugh, it is already an enormous opportunity for you to engage with them. You may view some of our clever wedding speech examples in PDF.
- Cover all bases. Ponder on this event as an opportunity to make everyone happy. Avoid delivering about something cold and damaging things. You may express your good wishes to them and thanks clearly by remembering to credit the people responsible for making it all happen.