A sales invoice is a document recording the transaction of goods and services between seller and buyer. It lists the goods and services including their quantity, price, any discounts or sales tax, date of the transaction, and information regarding the payment for the transaction. Below are invoice examples in pdf which may be useful for future sales transactions.
During a sales transaction, the seller may need to provide a sales free invoice for the services rendered. This ensures that the transaction is well recorded, while at the same time holding the seller accountable in case the goods or services does not meet the buyer’s needs or does not provide client satisfaction.
Sales Invoice Template
Sales Tax Invoice Template
Commercial Sales Invoice Template
Auto Sales Invoice Template
Car Sales Invoice
Free Printable Sales Invoice
Vehicle Trade Sale Invoice
Tax Invoice and Record Keeping PDF
Purpose of a Sales Invoice
- Proof of Transaction. An invoice also serves as a proof of the transaction and helps track any information regarding the transaction.
- Sales Tax. This is to show the buyer how tax invoice form affects the price of goods and services being offered by the seller and ensures that the right amount of tax per goods and services is being served and received well.
- Legal Bases. An blank invoice being signed by both parties serves as a proof of their agreement on any of the conditions presented during the transaction and the business may be protected from lawsuits of any kind.
- Inventory. Sellers may use this to track the amount of products sold and subtracted from the original amount of products. Buyers may use this to track the amount of products received and added to their stock.
Elements of a Sales Invoice?
- Invoice reference number. Every simple invoice must have its own unique number.
- Seller’s name, address, and contact details. This will guide the buyer during the whole process of the transaction.
- Buyer’s name, address, and contact details. This ensures that the invoice is addressed to the right person.
- Invoice date. This shows when the invoice in excel was sent (and may also include when the invoice was made).
- Total cost and breakdown. This shows the total amount to be paid and the breakdown of all the costs the buyer will be paying.
- Payment details. This includes when, where, and how to make the payment.
- Due date. This provides the amount of time the buyer needs to pay for the transaction.
Private Car Sales Invoice
Used Car Sales Invoice
Printable Blank Sales Invoice
Retail Sales Invoice
Difference between Sales Invoice and Tax Invoice
- Sales Invoice. This is issued during a transaction between a seller and a buyer showing all information regarding the transaction. An invoice is known as a sales invoice from the seller’s perspective. An invoice is known as a purchase invoice from the buyer’s perspective.
- Tax Invoice. A tax invoice separately shows the amount of tax to be paid by the buyer. A registered seller issues a tax invoice when the buyer intends to resell the goods. This means that a tax invoice is issued during a transaction between one registered seller to another.
Difference between Sales Invoice and Official Receipt
- Sales Invoice. As mentioned earlier, a sales invoice is issued as a bill or tab sent to the buyer. This means that the buyer may not have paid for the transaction yet.
- Official Receipt. An official sample receipt, on the other hand, is issued when the buyer has already paid the transaction and contains the details of the buyer’s payment including the tax he/she paid for the goods or services her/she acquired.