Technology has influenced our society in more ways than one. It has made an everyday living so much more bearable with its efficient means of transportation and communication. But in this world of emails and text messages, physical thank-you cards are still favorable, and it’s easy to see why.
While some may consider this act as a thing of the past, it’s still highly appreciated nonetheless. Sharing our sentiments with others on a personal level is difficult to achieve through digital communication, as they are often seen as predictable and insincere.
Baptism Thank You Card
But with a good thank-you card, you can show others how much you appreciate them through the content of your message and the design of your card. This can be used for any significant event in your life, such as a baby shower or a baptism.
Printable Baptism Thank-You Card
Watercolor Floral Baptism Thank-You Card
The Purpose of a Thank-You Card
First things first — have you ever received a thank-you card before? Or let alone, write one?
The truth is, not everyone sees the point of using physical cards anymore. We live in an age of instant messaging, where people can send paragraphs after paragraphs to someone in just a matter of seconds. But at the same time, this is where a physical thank-you card makes its mark. You see, somebody could have moved mountains for our sake, been our ray of light during our darkest days, or lent a hand when we were in need. And sometimes, a simple “thank you” isn’t enough to express how we truly feel. So instead, a thank-you card can serve as a bridge for our emotions. This allows us to say the words we want to say, with no fears or boundaries to stop us.
With a thank-you card, it’s not about how extravagant your card is, but it’s the effort you put into creating it for someone who means a lot to you. This can make a person feel appreciated for what they’ve done even if they weren’t expecting anything in return. This level of communication may be a lot different than what we have become accustomed to, but it’s something that we should all take note of. Every once in a while, we need to disconnect ourselves from modern-day technology and learn to enjoy the simple things in life. Sending thank-you cards was a common practice back in the day, and there’s no reason why modern-day society should just forget its significance.
So take the time to write a thank-you card. It doesn’t always need to fit an occasion, as you could always send one for any desired reason. After all, it’s never too late to make someone feel special.
Navy Blue Baptism Thank-You Card
Christening Thank-You Card
Simple Baptism Thank-You Card
What to Write on a Thank-You Card
When writing a thank-you card, you’d want to add clarity to your message. But before you begin, you must assess your reason for writing the card, along with the relationship you share with the recipient in order to find the right wording. If you’re having trouble with this, here are a few points on what you could include in your thank-you message:
- Open the card with a greeting. The first step to writing a thank-you card is to address the person you are extending your gratitude to. “Dear,” is a safe and common greeting for this, followed by the name of the card’s recipient. If you and the person you are writing to hold a close relationship, you could use a personalized greeting instead. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not you’re spelling a person’s name right, as a simple mistake can sometimes change the whole mood of the card.
- Write a message of thanks. Naturally, the point of a thank-you card is to say those two words. But there are different ways to say thank you, so you just need to find the perfect words to say it. It would also be best to keep this at the beginning of the card for a person to immediately understand your purpose for writing.
- Be specific with what you are thankful for. What makes a thank-you card so special is the personal connection being made with the person you are writing to. That being said, adding specific details on why you are thankful would be necessary. What did a person do to make you want to send a thank-you card? Think about this for awhile. There are various reasons why you could be grateful for someone and you could use this opportunity to express that. For instance, you could write a wedding thank-you card to thank family and friends who have attended your wedding. Whatever the reason may be, just make sure you don’t leave anything unsaid.
- Write a forward looking sentence. Ask a person about something going on in their life or how they’ve been doing since you last saw one another. Send an invitation for a hangout in the near future. Make a person feel extra special by letting them know that you’ll always be around when they need someone to talk to. This is a great way to maintain the relationship you have with a person even after the card has been sent.
- Send your regards. You can end your card in different ways, depending on the nature of the card itself. If you’re writing to a close friend or family member, you’d want to use a warm and heartfelt closing for this. It would be best to keep a business thank-you card strictly professional as well, especially if you aren’t quite acquainted with the person you are sending the card to.
Rustic Baptism Thank-You Card
Baby Thank-You Card
Baby Elephant Thank-You Card
Tips and Tricks to Make a Memorable Thank-You Card
You can buy the most expensive thank-you card in store, but that can never compare to the value of a handcrafted one. Thank-you cards can seem plain and generic at times, making it lose its true essence. The key is to create a thank-you card that’s memorable enough for one to appreciate and treasure. To guide you through this card-making process, here are some clever techniques to make a thank-you card that’s worth remembering:
- Make it different. Thank-you cards come in all shapes and sizes, and it’s up to you to use the best of your abilities to make it stand out. In doing so, focus on the impression you want to make. Let your imagination run wild and allow yourself to think that anything is possible if you just work hard for it. If you want to make a pop-up thank-you card, then do it. Even if you aren’t much of an art junkie, the time and energy exerted to design the card will always be appreciated.
- Choose your words wisely. With a thank-you card, you need to keep your message concise, mostly because the size of the card may force you to limit your words. With that in mind, think about the things you want to say before you begin writing it on the card. You could also use a separate paper to properly gather your thoughts. Think about who you are writing to and why, as this will help you determine how you could get your message across. If you’re sending the same type of thank-you card to various recipients, it would be best to keep a friendly tone all throughout.
- Decide on a theme. Having a theme for your card is an excellent way to make an impact on your recipients. A kids thank-you card would typically bear a fun, cartoon-like design while a baby shower thank-you card exhibits a sweet and innocent look that can leave anyone in awe. Once you are able to conceptualize on a theme, it would be easier for you to decide on the colors, fonts, and other design elements to fill it with.
- Use images and illustrations. Pictures aren’t exclusive to just photo thank-you cards, as you could always use photographs to add a more personal touch to your card design. Good imagery can help you emphasize the purpose of your card and build a better connection with the person you are writing to. You can use personal photographs or download stock photos online for free. But if you aren’t quite comfortable with it, drawings and other illustrations can do the trick just as well.
- Have fun with it. If you’re sending a card to individuals who are dear to you, don’t stress yourself out too much. It doesn’t matter if your card isn’t as pretty as the rack card you saw at the store. People pay attention to the little things and this is what makes the card special. Learn to express yourself through words and let your creative mind roam free. It’s not about who can make the best card out there, as what matters most is the heartwarming gesture of writing the card in the first place.
A child is a special blessing to any family. So when a life-changing event takes place, you’d want to thank everyone who has played an important part of the journey through a thank-you card. This is an effective medium of communication when expressing our utmost gratitude to individuals who have done us well. It doesn’t have to be ten pages long, as a short yet sweet message is enough to make anyone smile. Regardless of the occasion, make sure to show your appreciation to someone with a well-crafted thank-you card.