26+ Event Ticket Examples & Design Ideas – PSD, AI, Word
How can you account for the revenue of your event? How can you measure the number of people who attended your event? How can you ensure that a person is entitled to admission to your event? The answer to these questions are simply through event tickets.
Through these tickets, you can easily calculate your income after the said event by determining the number of ticket purchase and know the number of people who attended your event through event tickets, which can be useful in creating targets and projections for your next events in the future. Lastly, event tickets also serve as an entry admission for security purposes of your event.
Elements of an Event Ticket
In your event ticket, make sure that the following important elements are present.
- Event Title: First and foremost, your event ticket must clearly display the event title on the face of the ticket. Although you are already posting your event title in your other marketing materials such as banners, flyers, and posters, it is still much better if the person can be reminded of your event through your ticket.
- Date and Time: You must specify the date and time of your ticket so people would be prompted of the coming of your event. Moreover, it will also help those people who are still deciding on whether or not to come to your event based on their availability during the specified date and time.
- Venue: Plain and clear, you must state the venue of your event on your ticket. If possible, you can also add simple routes that would help the attendees to get to the place of the event. Sometimes, your venue would also be the factor why people would become interested in your event.
- Ticket Number: Always make sure to incorporate a serial number or issue number on your ticket not just for the accounting of your ticket but also for making sure that the tickets presented in the admission is legit.
- Logo and Any Branding: Including logo and other branding elements on your ticket is important in order to showcase and make a your name known to the public. You must own the spotlight in order for people to trust in your credibility and support your future events.
- Tagline (Optional): You may or may not include tagline in your ticket depending on your discretion. For some, they will never bother to post their tagline because, normally, the space on the ticket is limited. On the other hand, other people include their tagline in order to boost their identity and in order for people to know what they are aiming.
- Contact Information: It is vital that you include your contact information on your ticket so people can communicate with you regarding questions, comments, feedback, reservations, orders, among others.
- Photos (Optional): For large-sized tickets, you may opt to include photos and high-quality images related to the event that you are hosting. Commonly, for concert tickets, you may include the artists who will be performing for the concert the venue of the event. For small tickets, photos are not necessary.
- Amount (Optional): Some people would like to include an amount on the face of their tickets in order to blatantly post the cost of the ticket while others would discretely incorporate the amount on some sections of the tickets, making it blend to the overall design. However, some would prefer not to include the amount at all as a marketing people—in order for the potential buyer not to completely mind the cost of the ticket.
- Seat Number (Optional): Seat number may or may not be included in your ticket depending on the nature of your event. If your event involves reserving seats, a seat number is evidently needed. For events that have seats open for all and are not specifying the seats for the guests, a seat number might not be needed and is therefore not included in the ticket design.
26+ Event Ticket Templates
Event Ticket Template
Club Event Ticket Template
Music Event Ticket
Sporting Event Ticket
Music Concert Event Ticket
Music Theme Event Ticket
BBQ Fundraiser Ticket
Concert Event Ticket Template
Event Admission Ticket
BBQ Event Ticket
Sports Event Ticket
BBQ Raffle Ticket Sample
Blank Raffle Ticket
Baseball Raffle Ticket Template
Modern Concert Ticket
Simple Annual Concert Ticket
Movie Night Ticket Sample
10+ Incredible Event Ticket Examples
2018 FIFA World Cup Event Ticket
Beijing Olympic Games 2008 Event Ticket
Borchert Field: 1945 Opening Day Event Ticket
Buffalo Wild Wings ALECPTA Fundraising Event Ticket
Cradle Club’s Supper Dance Event Ticket
Fractal Wave Event Ticket
Harry Potter Play Event Ticket
London Olympics 2012 Event Ticket
Studio K Dance End of Year Concert Event Ticket
Warsaw Comic Convention Event Ticket
How to Create Your Own Event Tickets
It would only take a few simple steps in creating your own event ticket. Here are the steps and tips that might be helpful for you.
Choose a Format and Size
Firstly, choose your desired format and size for your event ticket. The format may be portrait or landscape or the positioning of the detachable stub which can be on the left, right, top, or bottom portion of the ticket. For the size, you may refer to the section below discussing the custom sizes for tickets. You can customize your own size, but make sure that you can easily print them and that the printing shops that would print your tickets would accept them.
Incorporate creative designs on your ticket, add colors, and plan for the overall layout of your ticket. Decide on the color combinations and complementary colors that you would be using as this will affect the general presentation of your ticket. It is highly recommended that the designs that you are planning to incorporate in your ticket are related to your event.
Add Essential Elements
After drafter the layout, add the essential elements in your ticket—event title, date and time, venue, ticket number, logo and any branding, contact information, and other optional elements such as tagline, photos, amount, and seat number. Arrange and carefully place them on to your ticket in a way that the elements would complement with each other, creating a balanced design of text, colors, and images.
After incorporating the essential elements, check and recheck if there are errors on your text and graphics. Make sure that your ticket is error-free especially when it comes to the time and date of the event as this will matter greatly. This would also affect the credibility of your organization as well as your event. If you include graphics and images, check if they are not misplaced or removed, and make sure that they are of good quality.
Choose a Paper
Before sending your ticket design for print, choose a paper that is suitable for your ticket. While most organizations would never bother choosing a thin and low-quality paper for their tickets, as they think that they are “just” tickets, know that they can also be a form of marketing that would help enhance your branding and the name of your organization. So, it is best that you would choose a paper that is durable and presentable enough to create an impression to your audience.
Choose a Paper Finish
Lastly, choose your desired paper finish. Matte paper finish are common nowadays, but the glossy paper finish are also typically used especially in music and fundraising events. No matter what paper finish you choose, the bottom line is it must be something that would enhance the quality of your ticket and maximize its presentation to make an impact and lasting impression to your audience and potential event attendees.
Types of Event Tickets
Event tickets can be categorized according to the event that they serve their purpose. Below are some event tickets commonly used and produced by event organizers:
Conference Event Ticket
In a conference involving attendees who need to sign up and register for an admission, usually, a ticket will be issued upon registration not only as a proof of registration but to have an access at the entrance of the venue of the event.
Music Event Ticket
Music events such as orchestra, performances by different music artists, and alike need to have a ticket especially for the admission of the guests.
Seminar Event Ticket
Business and corporate seminars also need tickets in order for the organizer to determine the number of attendees of such seminar and keep them for record purposes that will serve as a basis for future projections and forecasts.
Concert Event Ticket
In a concert event, again, tickets are used for the admission of the attendees. This ticket, apart from the essential elements of ticket presented above, usually includes the name of the band or bands who will perform at the concert and any guest artists as well as their photos in order to add eye-catching enhancements and designs.
Sports Event Ticket
In a sports event such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, football, among others, die-hard fans and supporters who would like to watch the game on the court or those who would want to have a close encounter with the players must purchase a ticket for their admission.
Fundraising Event Ticket
While most organizations are created in order to obtain profit, there are other organizations that are founded for charitable purposes. These organizations usually hold an event for a cause to raise funds. Hence, a fundraising event ticket must be sold in order to raise the certain amount of fund that they need.
In social occasions where there are special entertainments and performances such as a gala, a ticket for admission must also be implemented.
Art Exhibit Ticket
When artists display their artworks for an exhibit, it is customary that people visiting the place must be accounted for for security purposes. While most of the exhibits are for free, some exhibits by famous artists require registration that involves purchasing of art exhibit tickets. For free exhibits, tickets may still be needed to determine the number of people visiting the event.
Sizes of Event Ticket
The following are the custom sizes of an event ticket:
- 2 × 5.5 inches
- 2.75 × 5.5 inches
- 2.75 × 8.5 inches
- 3.5 × 8.5 inches
Of course, there are many other oversize event tickets especially from those organizations who wanted to have their own signature ticket size and styles. But, commonly, the above are the usual sizes printed and used for event tickets.
Creating your own ticket for your event might consume your time, but it can challenge your creativity into doing something that would not only market your event but also provides security and accountability. So, take time to unleash your creativity or refer to the templates, examples, and designs displayed above.