26+ Admission Ticket Examples & Design Ideas – PSD, AI, Word
Hosting an event requires a lot of preparations such as the venue and decorations. Additionally, one must prepare on how to account for the number of guests as well as the revenue in case of for-profit events. How then will you regulate the entrance for your event? This can be solved through admission tickets.
Admission tickets will denote that a person has the right to admission not just to an event but also in establishments such as in theater, amusement park, or tourist attraction and transportation vehicles. Moreover, through the tickets issued, the issuer can easily account for and compute their revenue from a certain event. More on admission ticket discussion, examples, and templates are presented below.
Elements of an Admission Ticket
For an admission to be complete and be easily monitored and traced, the following are the important elements of an admission ticket.
1. Name of the event or establishment: You must clearly specify the name of the event or the establishment on the face of the ticket. For cinema admission tickets, it must state the name of the cinema where the movie will be shown. For amusement park or carnival admission tickets, it must indicate the name of the amusement park or specify the rides that are allowed for that certain ticket. For admission tickets for tourist attraction, it must show the name of the tourist attraction that one is visiting. Lastly, for transportation tickets, the name of the transportation must be present.
2. Date and time: Another important element that must be present in an admission ticket is the date and time. This will let people know or remind them that they have an appointment for that specific date and time. For ticket collectors, they will remember the day of the event or when they acquired the ticket because of the date and time specified.
3. Venue: Similar to date and time, the venue is important for the guests in order to know or be reminded of the place or location where they will be going. And, just like date and time, for those people who are collecting tickets as souvenirs, they will remember the location of the event through the venue stated in the ticket.
4. Branding: Your branding must be consistently present in all your marketing materials, and your admission ticket is not an exemption. This is due to the fact that people will remember you through your ticket design. Incorporating your logo design or any other branding identifiers will help increase and expand your branding.
5. Ticket number: Also known as serial number or issue number, a ticket number must always be present in every ticket. This will help in recording the ticket transaction in your accounting documents and will ensure that the ticket presented during an admission is legit and is coming from your company or organization.
6. Contact information: Always include your contact details in your ticket so that people can easily communicate with you if they have any questions, comments, inquiries, suggestions, feedback, and many others. Include your phone number, email address, or website. Having a lot of means of communication will provide people a variety of options to contact you or your company.
7. Amount: While this is not a requirement, a lot of tickets would indicate the amount or value of the ticket so that people will immediately know how much they are going to pay without the need to ask for an attendant or anyone from the organizers.
8. Terms and conditions: Lastly, do not forget to include the terms and conditions for your admission ticket. Keep it brief and direct to the point as you have a very limited space in your ticket to accommodate all these elements. Hence, make sure to present a short but clear terms and conditions in your ticket.
26+ Admission Ticket Templates
Blank Admission Ticket Example Template
Admission Ticket Template Example
Available File Formats
Simple Admission Ticket Example Template
Raffle Admission Ticket Example Template
Graduation Admission Ticket Template Example
Prom Admission Ticket Example Template
Dance Admission Ticket Example Template
Party Admission Ticket Template
Baseball Admission Ticket
Birthday Admission Ticket
Carnival Admission Ticket
Concert Admission Ticket
Event Admission Ticket
Movie Admission Ticket
Circus Admission Ticket
Party Admission Ticket
Wedding Admission Ticket
Vintage Admission Ticket
10+ Popular Admission Ticket Examples
Aladdin Disney World Admission Ticket
California Screamin’ Admission Ticket
Carson and Barnes Circus Admission Ticket
Championship Game Admission Ticket
Diagon Alley Wizarding World Admission Ticket
Imagine Dragons Admission Ticket
Queen Concert Admission Ticket
River Country Walt Disney Admission Ticket
St. Croix Admission Ticket
Sunway Lagoon Admission Ticket
How to Create an Admission Ticket
Creating an admission ticket would not be difficult following these simple steps.
1. Choose a Format: The first thing that you must decide is the format and layout of your ticket. You must visualize the final output of your event ticket, and until then, you can decide how to arrange the elements on the face of your ticket. You must also choose an orientation and decide which is appropriate and functional for your ticket, providing you the maximum space you need for all your elements and designs.
2. Decide on the Shape and Size: In addition to the format, you must also choose the shape and size that you think would suit best for your ticket. Choose the one that can accommodate all your elements and still provide you enough space that would give a breathing room for your elements and design. Moreover, do not forget to consider the functionality of the shape and size that you will choose.
3. Add Designs: Integrate the designs that you want for your ticket and consider to choose appropriate colors. The color may be based on the event or purpose of your ticket or the colors that are related to your company branding. Usually, companies would use the color combinations that are also used on their logos. They just modify some colors, for example, slightly lighter or darker.
4. Incorporate and Arrange the Important Elements: As stated above, the important elements are as follows: name of the event or establishment, date and time, venue, branding, ticket number, contact information, amount, terms and conditions. You must not forget any of these elements as these are crucial for the completeness of your ticket. Arrange the elements in order to fit all of them in the limited space, not overlapping with each other, but instead, complementing with each other.
5. Finalize: Double-check the contents of your ticket and proofread if there are any errors specifically on the numbers like the date, time, and amount. Check for typographical and grammatical errors as this would greatly affect on the credibility and reputation of your company. Also make sure that all the information placed on your ticket is correct and final.
6. Choose a Paper: Before you send your design for printing, decide on what paper to choose and consider the thickness of the paper. If you want your ticket to be durable enough, choose thick papers, for example, 200gsm and up. The term “gsm” pertains to the thickness of the paper stated in grams per square meter.
7. Print: If you have your own printer and ink, you can immediately print your design. But, if you consider printing outside, in printing shops, for example, choose a printing shop that prints your ticket design in high quality. Invest in clear printing as the quality of your ticket will also reflect the personality of your business entity.
Tips and Tricks in Creating a Ticket
Admission tickets are not actually difficult to create especially when you just follow the steps presented above. With the elements provided in the previous section, you now might be confident in creating your own unique ticket. Additionally, to help you with the aesthetics of the design in your ticket, here are some tips and tricks that you must know.
- Ensure readability. Make sure that when people take a look at your ticket, they can immediately see and read all the essential information that must be present in your ticket. The text must be readable enough and that there are no elements that are overlapping. Provide enough space for each element so it would be easy and clear for the audience to read them.
- Incorporate indicators to verify the legitimacy of the ticket. You cannot guarantee that there are no fake tickets reproduced in order for the people to enter your event without the need to pay for the admission fees. Hence, in order to verify that the person indeed purchased an original copy of your ticket, incorporate indicators or serial numbers for you to check its legitimacy.
- Choose appropriate designs and fonts. For your font, choose a font that would enhance the readability of your ticket. Some fonts might be readable when they are rendered in big fonts but cannot be read when the size is decreased because the letters tend to overlap. For the design, choose a design that is appropriate for the theme of your event or have a signature design for all your ticket produced.
- Include white spaces. Some people would tend to disregard this tip, but including white spaces would make improve the aesthetics of your ticket. White spaces pertain to the areas that are left blank on the ticket design which is intended to give a breathing space for the elements. This would also help in organizing the hierarchy of the information presented in your ticket.
- Know which element must be highlighted. In addition to organizing the hierarchy of the information included in your ticket, you must also know which information must be prioritized by highlighting them, rendering them in bold or large fonts, or separating them from the rest of the element.
Admission Ticket Sizes
- 2 × 5.5 inches
- 3.5 × 8.5 inches
- 2.75 × 5.5 inches
- 2.75 × 8.5 inches
- 5.63 × 1.97, with a detachable stub sizing to 1.875 inches
- 1.97 × 5.63, with a detachable stub sizing to 1.875 inches
- 5.5 × 2.125 inches
Admission Ticket FAQs
Some of the commonly asked questions will be answered in the following section.
What is the importance of an admission ticket?
An admission ticket is important for both the issuer and the purchaser of the ticket. For the issuer, an admission ticket will help them compute for their revenue for a certain event or entertainment. This would also help them certify or verify that indeed the person coming to the venue has paid for the admission. On the other hand, on the part of the purchaser, an admission ticket will serve as a gate pass, letting him enter to a certain event, theater, tourist attraction, or transportation vehicle. Some people would also want to keep tickets as a collection or souvenir from an event that they have attended.
What are some things that require a ticket?
Some of the common things that a ticket is required are as follows: in a movie theater, in a concert, in riding transportation vehicles such as a train, bus, or plane, in a parking lot, and in entering, joining, or participating a game. Indeed, tickets are widely used especially for admission and security purposes.