Social media has become a significant part of our everyday lives. Though it can be a broad term to define, we commonly associate it with just about anything that can be posted on various networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram. Social media is often used as a platform to stay connected with others, whether it’s for personal or business purposes. To gain a deeper understanding of how it works, we need to look at it in terms of the activities that these social media marketing tools enable.
The easiest way to define social media is to see it as a collection of technologies that allow us to share content with other users online. With this, we are able to identify the essential elements that an influential social media page should possess.
1. Listening: This refers to the process of searching and monitoring public conversations and shared content in order to identify and understand the latest trends in the market. Any mentions of brands, products, services, events, questions, or other keywords are deemed important for most marketers. By listening to what your general audience has to say, you can tailor your content according to market demands.
2. Content Strategy: Digital media plays a key role in a successful content marketing strategy. This includes the use of written text, images, videos, and slideshows to raise attention and boost traffic. The idea is to provide valuable information to a target audience through share- and like-worthy content.
3. Engagement and Community Management: Considering how diverse everything on social media can be these days, keeping your audience fully engaged can be quite challenging.Engagement allows you to connect directly with another individual, preferably someone of your intended demographic. Combining the first two elements with your conversation skills, you can build a level of trust and loyalty with your audience by addressing problems and providing value.
4. Promotion and Advertising: Promotion and advertising in social media is often conducted through sponsored posts or any paid method which allows an advertiser to generate awareness about a product, service, event, website, or marketplace. Many advertisers use photos and videos to pique curiosity and encourage a response from users on the network.
5. Metrics, Measurement, and Analytics: To evaluate the effectiveness of your efforts, you need to keep a close eye on network measurements and analytics. This covers the activities related to the capture and analysis of data, including user demographic, website traffic and behavior, interactions and impressions, and any other data-generating activity. This allows you to understand and improve the potency of each action.
A social media page is basically a billboard space for businesses to communicate their brand message to prospects. Thus, creating a great social media design should be a priority when starting or enhancing your page.
To do so, here are a few steps to follow:
1. Study your market.
Take a good look at your competitors. Which efforts were successful? Where did they go wrong with their previous attempts? See what you can do to put yourself ahead of the game. Market behavior and trends also provide an in-depth look as to how you can design your social media page more effectively.
2. Select the correct image sizes.
Before proceeding to the actual design process, you have to determine the right image size to use for each post. File dimensions typically vary across different platforms and devices, so make sure to apply them accordingly.
3. Develop your designs in RGB color mode.
As you begin creating your social media design, remember to change your settings to the RGB color mode. Since everything will be displayed on screen, CMYK colors have no place here.
4. Showcase your branding, products, and community.
Images on a social media page mainly consist of a banner image, a profile picture, and sometimes a background. Businesses typically have their company logo displayed in the profile picture, while the banner and background can feature various types of images including the general products and services offered by the company.
By identifying what to put, you can fill your profile with relevant content for successful brand marketing.
5. Keep your designs visually consistent.
One way to establish a strong brand identity online is to keep all your designs visually cohesive across different platforms. This will help keep your brand image on top of a user’s mind whenever they encounter your name and profile. You can achieve this by using the same colors or graphics between designs.
As humans, we can be very visual by nature. We grow curious over anything that catches our attention online, which is why being incredibly particular about your social media layout can serve as an advantage.
Listed below are some tips to achieve a captivating social media layout:
When it comes to social media marketing, there are a variety of image types you could use to boost interactions and impressions with your posts. They are as follows:
Knowing the basic image dimensions for cover photos, shared images, and other social assets can make a huge difference in your online posts. It also pays to know how to size images correctly to ensure the most visually pleasing outcome.
But photo dimensions often vary according to where and how they are shared. A cover photo should be sized differently from a timeline image, or a certain part of it could get obstructed by your profile photo.
To learn more about these dimensions, refer to the image sizes (in pixels) presented below:
Here are a few questions commonly asked about social media posts:
Starting a social media page is pretty easy. The first thing you would need to do is to make an account and to fill in each field with the required information. Next, you’d want to create a theme for your overall layout. This means your profile picture, cover photo or banner, and timeline posts should possess a common look and feel. You need to make sure that these remain consistent across each of your social profiles.
Once you’re finished setting up, you can then begin promoting your page.
For the average user, social media serves as a means of communication to connect with friends and family in the cyberspace. On the contrary, businesses often use social media as a platform to establish their brand online. By interacting with a targeted audience, you can easily build exposure and increase engagement in order to drive traffic and sales for your business to thrive.
With the millions of users on the network, being given the opportunity to communicate with someone from a different continent (without having to face hefty data charges) is a privilege that many businesses take advantage of. This way, you could quickly expand your market reach with only minimal effort required. And since nearly everyone in today’s world is on social media, it only makes sense to bring your strategies to the digital universe to generate a higher response rate.
Social media banners, thumbnail images, channel icons, cover photos, and more! We offer just about any asset to improve your social media page in the best way possible. You can even check out more of these examples, designs, and templates over at Template.net.